Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seen this Intel Atom vs AMD Ryzen processor comparison. Can anyone with a Model 3 confirm it's accuracy? Without having any experience, I'm surprised at the apparent sluggishness of the older CPU.

Probably a really good thing we're getting the newer processor.
It indeed takes a long time to load Netflix or YouTube on my Dec 2021 M3. But the map rendering is indeed a network speed issue. Just shot this:

Reactions: ajbrun
I agree someone else should get the 'special' delivery, but I shouldn't go to the back of the queue for 'normal' deliveries just because I didn't accept the 'special delivery'. That would be unfair given I never asked for the 'special' delivery, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, its pointless festering over it. Tesla will do what it pleases ultimately.
As someone who ordered in Dec and just got a VIN assignment and an early March estimated delivery, even I have sympathy for those who ordered early and (if indeed true) gets push to the back of the queue which is very not that fair. What’s the point being one of the first to order and specifying a preferred location if Tesla can’t get their car to that location? I guess the thing they could play on here is that we are specifying our “preferred” location which does not necessarily mean it is the actual location our car is being delivered. Tesla could see it as you ordered first and we’re giving you the opportunity to pick it up early providing you come collect it at the launch event so if you pass on that, you lose your slot. I still think it’s well harsh to push you all the way to the back of the queue though. Hopefully you/everyone who couldn’t make the launch event can get one on the next incoming ships.

Last edited:
Tesla have always done this.. I ordered my model 3 a couple of days after orders opened. Got it 3 months after deliveries started..

Some of it is due to the way they make cars.. it's a mass manufacturing model, they make a bunch of cars then match them when they reach the destination and if you don't match you have to wait for the next boat. But also I've never been convinced there *is* any kind of coherent queueing system..

I agree someone else should get the 'special' delivery, but I shouldn't go to the back of the queue for 'normal' deliveries just because I didn't accept the 'special delivery'. That would be unfair given I never asked for the 'special' delivery, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, its pointless festering over it. Tesla will do what it pleases ultimately.
Not sure you do go back to the end of the queue. Have you been given a March date at all?

As someone who ordered in Dec and just got a VIN assignment and an early March estimated delivery, even I have sympathy for those who ordered early and (if I indeed true) gets push to the back of the queue which is very not that fair. What’s the point being one of the first to order and specifying a preferred location if Tesla can’t get their car to that location? I guess the thing they could play on here is that we are specifying our “preferred” location which does not necessarily mean it is the actual location our car is being delivered. Tesla could see it as you ordered first and we’re giving you the opportunity to pick it up early providing you come collect it at the launch event so if you pass on that, you lose your slot. I still think it’s well harsh to push you all the way to the back of the queue though. Hopefully you/everyone who couldn’t make the launch event can get one on the next incoming ships.
There are probably some like myself who ordered in October and asked for a March pick up, and so never rejected the launch event because it was not offered. I think logically, the issue is more about colour/options that they have allocated for each pick up location and when you see the vids from Shanghai you, for example, see very few red/black/inductions in the line-up so if you have the more obscure combo like that then you may need to be a little patient. Yes, I am still waiting :D

Reactions: Stuart1979
0.6s boost? That’s more than the 3 is it? £1.5k. Add that to £3k worth of Uber turbines on the P and you’re halfway there. Still quite a bit slower.

Will boost be available?
After test driving a normal M3 and coming from an ICE car you could’ve told me it was a performance and I wouldn’t have been any wiser because it felt like I had a rocket under my arse anyway. How on earth will you know or even realise the extra second saved on 0-60?

After test driving a normal M3 and coming from an ICE car you could’ve told me it was a performance and I wouldn’t have been any wiser because it felt like I had a rocket under my arse anyway. How on earth will you know or even realise the extra second saved on 0-60?
I'm coming from 140 horse power on my current car.... I think I'll be fine 😂

This is so frustrating. I ordered 12mins after MY went on sale in UK in October. Refused the pickup from Southampton and now don’t even have a VIN in the source code let alone an estimated delivery date which I had pre-Southampton text. Now I see people who have ordered months after me getting delivery notification for my originally selected pickup point in Bluewater. Clearly Tesla have binned people who didn’t fancy a 5hr round trip to pick up their £60k car to the back of the queue!
Exactly the same situation tho I was later on that release day

Not sure you do go back to the end of the queue. Have you been given a March date at all?

shouldn’t go to the back of the queue, but clearly others that were previously lower down will have moved up if they accepted the special date. You’d think a simple swap of positions may work for that as they’d be the same spec car

Still no update here after saying no to the 19th Feb delivery. Really hoping I get the text from Tesla today, feels like everyone else has got one!
I was an early morning 15th October order, turned down 19th Feb as I wanted 22 plates. Not a word since. have rung twice and they assure me I wasnt pushed to back of queue, but am watching people who ordered in Dec getting delivery promises? MSM/Black/Geminis

Reactions: Stuart1979
ICYMI Today we saw the UK’s fastest peak supercharge rate of 254kW at Rugby services with a Model 3, it added 42% of range in 13 minutes, even more impressive is that this car isn’t brand new it has over 72K miles on the clock. Will we see any higher @elonmusk?
Interestingly, I only had two supercharging sessions in my M3LR 12/2021, both with at least 30 min preconditioning, one started form 40% at the new 250kw supercharger, the other from 15% at the older 150kw supercharger, and both peaked at 133kW.

Having ordered the boost on my 3, the thing I noticed the most was the feeling. It put you into the back of your seat way more than the standard acceleration. A standing start was like a rocket. I also felt more power from 40-65 joining motorways too.