Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone try out the Trade-In Valuation ? I have heard Tesla give out a good value for your existing car. It would make my life so much easier if I could just drive to them in my existing car, hand it over to them and came out with a shiny new Tesla.
I have done this - got a valuation through for my '20 A Class at the weekend and it was within a couple of hundred pounds of the offers I had through Carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc. So for the significant difference in convenience, it was worth going with Tesla for me.

What number are people calling to enquire about their orders? I ordered mine through a SS scheme and received my RN number a few weeks ago but wanted to see if I could get any info on a potential delivery/collection date.
If you received an SMS try texting back to the message and asking. The hot tip I got a week or so ago is if you reply to those messages with anything other than yes, no or stop it's routed to a human. Have received replies to the three/ four questions I asked on that within a couple of hours.

For people selling cars via carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc how early did you start the process in selling your current car? My Y is being delivered on 2 March and I need my current car until then. Just wondering if now is too early to start the process? I really want to avoid the logistical issue of shuffling three cars around a two car driveway and sorting extra insurance.
Think most quotes only valid for 7 Days but worth checking with each as sure some could be different. Once you decide you typically have to book an appointment to drop your car off or have it collected, normally easily completed within the week. Not sure if it will be busier at ref plate change and also if prices drop down due to timing in month.

Reactions: Zanbar
What number are people calling to enquire about their orders? I ordered mine through a SS scheme and received my RN number a few weeks ago but wanted to see if I could get any info on a potential delivery/collection date.
01628 450660 option 4. They were quite helpful with me for general questions and adding a bit more detail to the delivery date once I had a VIN in my account.

For people selling cars via carwow, WBAC, Motorway etc how early did you start the process in selling your current car? My Y is being delivered on 2 March and I need my current car until then. Just wondering if now is too early to start the process? I really want to avoid the logistical issue of shuffling three cars around a two car driveway and sorting extra insurance.
I have the pick up the 19th and I'm going to sell the M3 this week, a day or two before the 7 days deadline payment.
I'll tell you Friday if it was a good call.

Reactions: Zanbar
Did anyone try out the Trade-In Valuation ? I have heard Tesla give out a good value for your existing car. It would make my life so much easier if I could just drive to them in my existing car, hand it over to them and came out with a shiny new Tesla.
Tesla beat WBAC (just) and Cazoo by ~£3k for my Model 3. As you say, it'll be easier to just leave the car with them imo.

Think most quotes only valid for 7 Days but worth checking with each as sure some could be different. Once you decide you typically have to book an appointment to drop your car off or have it collected, normally easily completed within the week. Not sure if it will be busier at ref plate change and also if prices drop down due to timing in month.
My final quote (after sending pics etc) was valid until 4th April.

We've been RE-ASSIGNED a VIN! 🎉 - Red LR / Black / 19"'s - March 04th-18th
After putting in a spec change 3 days before the first load of VIN's went out for the Southampton event, and being assigned the old Spec car. It's just updated with the new Delivery Date!

Yes Yes Yes
1644232829986.png

Thanks. I just spoke to them and they said they are still waiting for a piece of documentation from Zenith before a car can be allocated. Spoke to Zenith straight after who said not sure what documentation they are referring to and as far as they are aware they have submitted everything.

Hate situations like these! Not sure what to do know except sit tight...

Anyone else expecting a home delivery (due to leasing order)? Everyone so far seems to be collecting, and my faith in leaseco to be on top of it is 0
Yep, salary sacrifice lease via Octopus. Have had texts over the weekend for a home delivery on 2nd March (Blue/Black/Gemini). Unfortunately - first world problems, I'm on my honeymoon skiing in the alps that week... So have had them rearrange for the following week.

Thanks. I just spoke to them and they said they are still waiting for a piece of documentation from Zenith before a car can be allocated. Spoke to Zenith straight after who said not sure what documentation they are referring to and as far as they are aware they have submitted everything.

Hate situations like these! Not sure what to do know except sit tight...
Thanks, do you mind sharing the number?