Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY is getting delivered on 1st March and I received the lease paperwork today which had a 22 registration plate on it. I also text CS and they said it definitely will not have a parcel shelf.

Message attached.

Still struggling to get sensible insurance quotes though 😭
I am a little confused with pricing as the M3 LR is £640 but the MY LR £905! Yorkshire, 39, 15y PNC, driving 29 years. Although it is all mute until they give me a registration to use so I can actually pay for insurance.

View attachment 766138I was told LR is 75Kwh today when they called me (they were reading it direct from my car details off their screen). It ties up with this picture which was uploaded earlier by another poster and then quickly disappeared. It's from a German Tesla wiki site, I can't vouch for it's accuracy. The link is here:
[Wiki] Model 3 / Model Y - Batteriewiki / Akkuwiki
If this chart is to be believed, it indicates that they should be shifting to a 79Kwh any time now. Model 3 is 82.
This shows a capacity of 82kWh but 75kWh usable

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 23.14.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 23.14.44.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Helpful
Reactions: acoustonaut
View attachment 766138I was told LR is 75Kwh today when they called me (they were reading it direct from my car details off their screen). It ties up with this picture which was uploaded earlier by another poster and then quickly disappeared. It's from a German Tesla wiki site, I can't vouch for it's accuracy. The link is here:
If this chart is to be believed, it indicates that they should be shifting to a 79Kwh any time now. Model 3 is 82.
Hmmm how strange. I thought it was 82 total with 79 usable.

I ordered on the 12th Jan, got an expected date of February 26 - March 12.

I've been looking at insurance and It's slightly annoying, on a LR Model 3 its, £1.8k for the year. Cheapest LR Model Y quote i've gotten in £2.4k (For reference, I'm 23 with 5 years driving experience, 5 years no claims) I expected it to be around the same as the model 3 to be fair.

The chart is correct. The MY in Europe has been 75 kWh for Q4 2021, and the UK orders opened with the range that this battery provides. The range has recently increased due to the change from a 75 kWh to 79 kWh battery. Whether the initial batch of MYs in the UK are as ordered or whether they come with the larger battery remains to be seen. It's possible that for Q1 they are on the smaller battery and Q2 onwards get the larger battery and extended range.

The M3 LR in Europe is now 79 kWh, up from 75 kWh last year, the same as the MY. 82 kWh related to MIA vehicles with Panasonic batteries that aren't shipped to Europe.

• Helpful
Reactions: acoustonaut
There is one kit on Amazon but the reviews was all over the place, I was also looking at the internal lighting trim packages - but they are only from 3rd party app…
Depend what the reviewers are expecting. They aren't going to make the car quiet - you'd have to change a lot more for that, but they do change the character/frequency of the noise which changes your perception a lot.. on my 2019 3 they were well worth it because out the factory noise was quite unacceptable and door seals made a huge subjective difference.

With the Y I think the problem will be supressing the loud low frequency booming.. remains to be seen how door seals are against that vs. putting sound absorbing things in the boot.

This could just be me being paranoid but I don't even have a date range. Just "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". I ordered in October and did the pre delivery confirmation tasks the day they came out in January. Red LR MY, black interior, 19" wheels. Most people here seem to have at least a month specified if not a more accurate date range...

Maybe it’s
I ordered on the 12th Jan, got an expected date of February 26 - March 12.

I've been looking at insurance and It's slightly annoying, on a LR Model 3 its, £1.8k for the year. Cheapest LR Model Y quote i've gotten in £2.4k (For reference, I'm 23 with 5 years driving experience, 5 years no claims) I expected it to be around the same as the model 3 to be fair.
Maybe it’s because the value of a new model Y is 33% more expensive than the value of your current model 3 - hence the 33% extra on your premium?

This could just be me being paranoid but I don't even have a date range. Just "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". I ordered in October and did the pre delivery confirmation tasks the day they came out in January. Red LR MY, black interior, 19" wheels. Most people here seem to have at least a month specified if not a more accurate date range...
I am in a similar boat.

Ordered White LR MY, black wheels and interior, late Oct.

In Jan converted the order to a lease company. Now being told it is 'hoped' to be delivered by end of March. No VIN or delivery windows available.

Sold the BMW last week (great price from Motorway.co.uk) so now car less.

In the same situation and same spec except inductions and assured yesterday that they will get to us with a delivery in March. Convinced that red combo is like rocking horse poo and hence the delays.

I thought they would like electricians and you would be top of the pile ----Tesla
Probably best to contact them and find out what is going on. I ordered early January (not your spec) and I have a date range in March.
Good luck.

Anyone collecting from Southampton with an estimated date range of 4th - 18th March from a VIN that was matched Yesterday worked out what Ship their car is on? I've tried contacting Live Chat, however I wasn't able to find out.

Unsure if it's SFL COMPOSER or something a little later

Yes, same for me. Ordered MSM/ Black / 19s in early Nov and not heard a dicky bird since completing the pre delivery info in Jan. It’s frustrating seeing so many getting their dates and VINs on here !