Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same through Tusker. The car should be transferred on the app within 24 hours. I need to charge on the way home so was advised to add payment details to my account. Hopefully that works otherwise I’ll need to find a third party charger.
Don’t you get free charging on the pickup day? I’m in the same position and Tusker aren’t v responsive at the best of times.

All good here as well . Does anybody have any idea how long hand over will take?

I suspect it depends on how many points are on your vehicle handover to check build etc but there have been several mentions of a "big event" with food plus other stuff.

We have a 2+ hour drive after pickup at Southampton including collecting our daughter from Reading train station. Logistics may be a little complicated and it would be good to know if we should allow just an hour or is this going to be like changing mobiles and take all morning in Vodafone.
Im guessing 1 hr considering 30 min slots they have that day(their work may take that much I presume) plus 30 mins for us for all the checks, Instagram photographs and fanboy videos some of us may indulge in.

Does anybody know the order of texts that you receive and what that means in terms of actual delivery date? I'm trying to figure out how far down the line I am. My Model Y is via a business lease so I can't see progress through tesla.com.

Last night I received the following:

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is XXX

Does anybody know the order of texts that you receive and what that means in terms of actual delivery date? I'm trying to figure out how far down the line I am. My Model Y is via a business lease so I can't see progress through tesla.com.

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is XXX
I am no expert (first time Tesla order) but i received the same above email two weeks ago (Lease - White LRMY) and nothing since then (still no VIN etc).

Hello Hyperion Ray!
1644396737728.png

Long time reader, first time poster, gonna be picking up MYLR from Southampton on the 19th, very excited!

Keen to know of anyone else here is getting theirs from a third party lease company? Mines coming through Octopus, and I haven't been able to register the car through the online account or the app like these texts are saying, anyone having a similar experience?
I've ordered mine through one Tesla's two leasing options (ALD & LEX) I went for ALD. All of my car details used to be on the app and website when I logged in but now there's nothing there. I queried it via text message asking for the VIN so I could add the car to the app but got this response:

Tesla Update - Thank you for contacting us. The confirmed VIN will be sent to you via SMS prior to delivery. You are not required to register the car with the app. As you will be leasing the vehicle, the vehicle will show up itself in the Tesla account. Regards, Tesla.

There is obviously some timing variance which no doubt depends upon when you ordered, the specification you have chosen and the current availability of vehicles on their way to the UK. I too am a business lease and i got the same txt you did on 1st Feb. The next text I got was on 3rd Feb confirming my delivery for 2nd March. If you've got a standard spec (mine was MY LR, White, Black, Gemini) you may get a follow on text in the next day or so to confirm a delivery date.

Reactions: raylene and Zanbar

I'm on a business lease, so have an RN but no app/ tesla website access.

I ordered in early Nov.

1/2/22 - text saying vehicle is on its way
3/2/22 - text saying its due for delivery on 2/3/22 and to confirm delivery address
4/2/22 - text confirming that it will be delivered to my office on 2/3/22 and that I'll get an SMS with tracking link on the day
5/2/22 - text saying that on the day of delivery I'll get a delivery declaration by e-mail that I need to sign immediately to activate my tesla app.

Other text communication I've had with them said that if delivered to a business address it'll be between 8am and 5pm and that I'll get the reg/vin 7-10 days before delivery.

No e-mails.

There is obviously some timing variance which no doubt depends upon when you ordered, the specification you have chosen and the current availability of vehicles on their way to the UK. I too am a business lease and i got the same txt you did on 1st Feb. The next text I got was on 3rd Feb confirming my delivery for 2nd March. If you've got a standard spec (mine was MY LR, White, Black, Gemini) you may get a follow on text in the next day or so to confirm a delivery date.

Thanks.

Yeah mine is MY LR Black, Black, Gemini. So hopefully pretty standard and hopefully get another message in the next few days.

I'm on a business lease, so have an RN but no app/ tesla website access.

I ordered in early Nov.

1/2/22 - text saying vehicle is on its way
3/2/22 - text saying its due for delivery on 2/3/22 and to confirm delivery address
4/2/22 - text confirming that it will be delivered to my office on 2/3/22 and that I'll get an SMS with tracking link on the day
5/2/22 - text saying that on the day of delivery I'll get a delivery declaration by e-mail that I need to sign immediately to activate my tesla app.

Other text communication I've had with them said that if delivered to a business address it'll be between 8am and 5pm and that I'll get the reg/vin 7-10 days before delivery.

No e-mails.
I had exactly the same order of texts on exactly the same days.

Reactions: Zanbar
I'm on a business lease and only received 1 text so far saying "Congratulations, we'll contact you when it's available to be scheduled". I only ordered on Feb 4th, so I assume this is a "we're really busy so we have no idea when you're car is coming" message.

Has anyone managed to get a second set of delivery dates after declining the first? I had a work trip exactly covering the entire two-week window and they wouldn't move even to the following Monday. I'm wondering how far back in the queue I've been pushed :)