Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone actually put a parcel on the shelf?
To be honest, parcel shelf closed just means to a potential thief: “hey they got something worth nicking in there”.
No parcel shelf or parcel shelf open means: “they got nothing in here - move on”.
If you have valuables you’ve got the lower trunk or the Frunk to hide stuff.
No major worries 👍🏻

With Motorway, they've suggested an initial price based on model but mine has Acceleration Boost, EAP and towbar, none of which they know about yet. Do they revise the suggested price at some point once all the details are in and before it goes to the dealers to bid, and do I have to accept any offer that matches or beats the price they initially suggest? Looking at other prices of cars I'd suggest those 3 options add value to the car over and above a standard model, but I wouldn't want to go into it this and end up with the initial suggested price as I think its a bit light (but then I guess everyone thinks their car is special and worth more!) . I hope the question makes sense?
Im afraid..they have a price...not really interested in so called extras.

To be honest, parcel shelf closed just means to a potential thief: “hey they got something worth nicking in there”.
No parcel shelf or parcel shelf open means: “they got nothing in here - move on”.
If you have valuables you’ve got the lower trunk or the Frunk to hide stuff.
No major worries 👍🏻
If you actually have say something to put into be back and not the hidden areas then no parcel shelf means no option but to put everything on show, at least with a parcel shelf there is some privacy.

This was always going to be the case in Germany. Bet Musk wishes he'd come to the UK first.
I guess Musk would have enjoyed a truthful conversation with Boris Johnson about easily importing and exporting to the UK. BJ could also assure Musk that the queues at Dover are because truck drivers are enjoying the cuisine of Dover.

Suddenly, Berlin doesn't look so bad...

If you actually have say something to put into be back and not the hidden areas then no parcel shelf means no option but to put everything on show, at least with a parcel shelf there is some privacy.
Exactly. I’m planning a long road trip with a hotel stop overnight. No parcel shelf makes me nervous about leaving anything in the car overnight, meaning I may have to drag most of my belongings into the hotel with me.