Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not seen any for sale in the UK other than the ones that assume the supports exist, all chinese imports where presumably they have them.

It'll get better but for now there's no safe way to buy a parcel shelf as you don't know what it's designed to fit in.
I disagree - all of the ones on Amazon show the extra pieces either in the main product pictures or, if you look closely at the product pictures. The supporting section in the Hong Kong pictures is literally a lip that sticks out and has a hole at the end for that back flap to latch into. Totally different from what's shown in the roller ones.

Hmmmmm….this is interesting. I think we are not getting full 2022 models
I'm not sure I follow. That VIN indicates a 2021 model (the M instead of the N in the Hong Kong VIN) whereas all UK VINs I've seen show N for 2022. What is interesting is that "J" in the 5th digit. In the UK we have an H. I've not seen J in any of the decoders but it indicates a different model for Hong Kong vs our UK RHD models. I'd love to see an Aussie Y VIN to compare.

That's literally the same listing I posted the picture from showing the use of the holes.
Stick on supports that come with the aftermarket cover
Screenshot_20220215-122946_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Campi and drewpost
Maybe I'm being too lenient here, but I thought we were only expecting laminated rear windows, not fully double glazed? Laminated is still better for noise than my M3 with just a single pane and no laminate
People have been using the term 'double glazed' but the only glass we'll ever see is what's pictured.
It would be less confusing maybe if everyone called it acoustic glass, as that's the official description.

Reactions: ukmy and ajbrun
It’s funny what’s going on here….. We all know that double glazing and parcel shelf is in some cars coming from China, and we know that this will be the spec going forward. However, there seems to be a lag in the UK as to when this switch over will happen. First batches do not have them. Question is… when will the supply start coming into the UK with the shelf/glazing.

Reactions: ScottvB
People have been using the term 'double glazed' but the only glass we'll ever see is what's pictured.
It would be less confusing maybe if everyone called it acoustic glass, as that's the official description.

Perhaps someone could take a pic of front and rear glazing on a car that has been collected today. Because I understand the new spec is that they are the same.

Front and rear from the demo in Birmingham. I got shot down for mentioning this originally on the Facebook group
Perhaps someone could take a pic of front and rear glazing on a car that has been collected today. Because I understand the new spec is that they are the same.

Attachments

• 4BC07DD2-767C-421D-BB28-5A024F311557.jpeg
    4BC07DD2-767C-421D-BB28-5A024F311557.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 60
  • A08190B4-10AD-4B28-9E3B-FDA0B778676C.jpeg
    A08190B4-10AD-4B28-9E3B-FDA0B778676C.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 67