Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s funny what’s going on here….. We all know that double glazing and parcel shelf is in some cars coming from China, and we know that this will be the spec going forward. However, there seems to be a lag in the UK as to when this switch over will happen. First batches do not have them. Question is… when will the supply start coming into the UK with the shelf/glazing.

Let’s be clear, the delivered cars today (and the test drive models) very obviously have front AND rear ‘double glazing’ or acoustic glass.

Pics shared today show the same front glass as M3 refreshes since late 2020.

Rear glass has a thinner second lamination but it’s definitely there.

Hope that’s the end of that…

Let’s be clear, the delivered cars today (and the test drive models) very obviously have front AND rear ‘double glazing’ or acoustic glass.

Pics shared today show the same front glass as M3 refreshes since late 2020.

Rear glass has a thinner second lamination but it’s definitely there.

Hope that’s the end of that…
Alright teacher, calm down. I thought I had seen a pic of a China Y with the same glazing in the rear as the front. If I’m mistaken then apologies.

Alright teacher, calm down. I thought I had seen a pic of a China Y with the same glazing in the rear as the front. If I’m mistaken then apologies.
There's no point comparing a M3 or MY built for the China market with one built in China and sold here. The specifications are likely to be different and do use different glass funnily enough so you might have seen something different on a (domestic) China model.

It may be the same spec but the “double glazing” is different from front to rear.

After doing some Twitter digging I found the below which looks the same as ours.

I am man enough to say I am wrong, it does match the latest rear window spec, but I’m not 100% convinced it’s “double glazed” like the front like I and many were led to believe.

Attachments

• 6849177B-DA84-4D8D-8E8F-7C8B8A4E6ACD.png
    6849177B-DA84-4D8D-8E8F-7C8B8A4E6ACD.png
    937.6 KB · Views: 201
It may be the same spec but the “double glazing” is different from front to rear.

After doing some Twitter digging I found the below which looks the same as ours.

I am man enough to say I am wrong, it does match the latest rear window spec, but I’m not 100% convinced it’s “double glazed” like the front like I and many were led to believe.
Some pics of older Model 3 glass front and rear would be good for reference.

Many thanks. That’s the pic I was looking for. If UK rear glass looks the same as this, then all good. Apologies for the confusion. Anything is better than the single pane in my 3, front and rear!

Parcel shelf drama ✅

"What is acoustic glass" drama ✅

Can we get some initial impressions on the important stuff please folks?!

Someone must have driven theirs by now:

1. what's the sound system like
  2. have you got AMD or Intel
  3. how is the ride quality compared to the demo cars
  4. what's your paint finish like
  5. did Elon roll in on a giant cybertruck power wheels handing out keys to Tesla roadsters
  6. were the croissants any good
  7. do Tesla know how to make a good cup of tea
  8. what tyres are on the car
  9. are heated wipers visible in your app or car settings
  10. useable battery pack size
  11. boombox working fully, or just horn setting

Last edited:
Parcel shelf drama ✅

"What is acoustic glass" drama ✅

Can we get some initial impressions on the important stuff please folks?!

Someone must have driven theirs by now:

1. what's the sound system like
  2. have you got AMD or Intel
  3. how is the ride quality compared to the demo cars
  4. what's your paint finish like
  5. did Elon roll in on a giant cybertruck power wheels handing out keys to Tesla roadsters
  6. were the croissants any good
  7. do Tesla know how to make a good cup of tea
  8. what tyres are on the car
  9. are heated wipers visible in your app or car settings
  10. useable battery pack size
  11. boombox working fully, or just horn setting
"Heated wipers" - How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)