Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re, VIN searching in source code. can anyone tell me the variable name that the VIN equals. It would save having to search on 7SA, 5YJ and LRW. i.e. vin_number = 7SAxxxxxxxxxxxxx for example (hypothetically), with 'vin_number' being the variable name.
1644939041274.png

Hope that helps. Your model Y is only going to start with the LRW prefix as they're all made in China at the moment

Re, VIN searching in source code. can anyone tell me the variable name that the VIN equals. It would save having to search on 7SA, 5YJ and LRW. i.e. vin_number = 7SAxxxxxxxxxxxxx for example (hypothetically), with 'vin_number' being the variable name.
Mine is visible but the variable is "vin" that it shows against. It was the same when it was hidden too.

Just received a courtesy call from a friendly chap at Tesla for pickup on 19th at Southampton. He doesn't know much about special event other than saying a lot of resources went into planning the event and they weren't told what it is. And he said, they won't do personalised number plate assignment that day so no point in taking V750 document as it will most likely be blown away in strong wind. Asked to be there 30 mins prior to the collection time. Anyone else received their call as well?
Received my call last week. The guy said pretty much the same. Also mentioned that 50% of all Tesla staff across the country will be down in Southampton for the event.

Did you manage to buy the policy with Admiral? I also had the cheapest (by a margin of just £15 though) from them on the comparison website and was not allowed to buy online and asked me to call them. When I called them, the agent said they can not insure unless the reg number is registered with DVLA. I told them that Tesla doesn't work like that and that I know people who have insured before the reg is registered with DVLA. But that also did not help. She just said she can't do that and that I had to call them on the delivery day and they will do the needful. I said thank you very much and went ahead with Direct Line (for £15 more). I had to call them as well (did not allow online buying because of no dvla look up), but it was straightforward. They knew how Tesla works and I had my policy in a few minutes.
Try Churchill too, the website doesn't yet have the option to insure the MY at the moment, but when I called and spoke to the advisor, she mentioned that they could manually add it to their system to provide a quotation. My Xc60 premium was £600 with them last year, still 7 months before it runs out so for me to change the vehicle on the policy, its not costing me anything more. Happy days.

Reactions: sakethcr
Did you manage to buy the policy with Admiral? I also had the cheapest (by a margin of just £15 though) from them on the comparison website and was not allowed to buy online and asked me to call them. When I called them, the agent said they can not insure unless the reg number is registered with DVLA. I told them that Tesla doesn't work like that and that I know people who have insured before the reg is registered with DVLA. But that also did not help. She just said she can't do that and that I had to call them on the delivery day and they will do the needful. I said thank you very much and went ahead with Direct Line (for £15 more). I had to call them as well (did not allow online buying because of no dvla look up), but it was straightforward. They knew how Tesla works and I had my policy in a few minutes.
Yes - myself and a few others did I believe.

You can edit and add your registration to the online quote when known. I think I ended up calling them in the end and all was sorted very easily. They said “you need the registration number to get a policy” though.

Policy for the Model Y starts tomorrow and second car starts with them when my insurance for that runs out in September.
Adding the second car reduced the Tesla part by approx £140 if I remember correctly.

Pick mine up tomorrow.
Insurance was done with Admiral “Gold”.

If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week. If Model 3 has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.

• If the image of the Battery displays "50%" and "100%" then your vehicle is equipped with a LFP Battery.
  • If the image of the Battery displays "Daily" and "Trip" then your vehicle is NOT equipped with a LFP Battery. Disregard this section.

It sounds like a generic reply to a new order query, certainly back when you ordered the website was estimating March delivery. See what the lease company says, otherwise get on the online chat with Tesla.
Lease company have contacted Tesla for me and came back with:
The order hasn’t been matched just yet, but I can see that a vehicle has been ear-marked to the order but it hasn’t left Shanghai Port yet.
I would say that delivery will take place in March as it stands at the moment, I will keep you updated with any changes

So I'm feeling slightly less panicky for now... will hopefully get some movement in the next week or two.

Reactions: MrT3
If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week. If Model 3 has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.

• If the image of the Battery displays "50%" and "100%" then your vehicle is equipped with a LFP Battery.
  • If the image of the Battery displays "Daily" and "Trip" then your vehicle is NOT equipped with a LFP Battery. Disregard this section.
are the new model Y batteries LFP ?

• Disagree
Reactions: thewanted