Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t sweat it, it’ll happen eventually. I’ve been given 2-15 March but have yet to get a trade in valuation. CS said this shouldn’t affect delivery date. We’ll see.
Thanks, no trade in or lease deal here, but I’m hopeful to take delivery by end of March. And, hey, those of us getting cars later in March might get a parcel shelf included!

Reactions: PrGrPa and rnbetsy
Alot of people had their Delivery Date ranges slip today. If this happened to you, when did you first get the range?
I got the range on the 7th of February for the 4th - 18th of March. Then on the 8th got the 'Tesla Update' text saying that my car is on the way.

However I've yet to get a exact delivery date, and as of this evening my Delivery Date range has stayed the same.

Alot of people had their Delivery Date ranges slip today. If this happened to you, when did you first get the range?
I got the range on the 7th of February for the 4th - 18th of March. Then on the 8th got the 'Tesla Update' text saying that my car is on the way.

However I've yet to get a exact delivery date, and as of this evening my Delivery Date range has stayed the same.
I got one first week of February the moment I completed the trade in forms - but could have been there for longer just hidden.

Started 3-17, moved back to 1-15 and today went to 9-23.

Reactions: Arran
Just got home from Bristol delivery and read through this so far. Offering my summary here, going into a bit more detail where I can hopefully add a bit of definitive value given my automotive development background.

I was picking up 2 MY's today and I will start by saying that they are both very solidly built, no squeaks and rattles, no panel gap issues (large but consistent, so OK) and I AM VERY HAPPY at this stage. Everything else here that sounds like moans is just critique, with me having assessed 100's of cars through the years for all aspects, but particularly for Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) and Audio and Infotainment. I am happy because THE CARS ARE GREAT!

Event:
The event was a non-event and Tesla made a gaff by calling it a Delivery Event and telling me on the phone there would be swag and cool other stuff presumably to tempt us to take a 71 plate rather than wait 2 weeks. I was told it would be "spectacular." Not cool Tesla, not cool. That said, if the cars had be badly built and the event amazing, that would have been far, far worse. So overall, good. (Tesla have an exceptional control over their operating costs and today we saw why other car companies only make 5% operating margin and Tesla make about 18% - They spent £50 on Jaffa cakes!) So overall, the right balance, first world problems. TAKE UMBRELLAS THIS WEEK BECAUSE CARS ARE ALL OUTSIDE!

OK the car info:
Weirdly my blue car has the paint protection film in front of the rear wheels and my black car doesn't?!?!
Both have front mud flaps only.
Neither car has any of the Type C USB ports working. This will be a service fix, until then, wireless charging or 12V socket through an adaptor only. (The sockets are there but not the printed circuit boards behind them. (THIS WAS NOT STATED TO US TODAY.)
No parcel shelves, no ledges for them, the Ali express third party part is the way to go as it has the additive side mouldings included.
Can't really comment on the paint finish as its just been too wet, not too worried about this, Shanghai doesn't have the old paint shop like Fremont, so I'm not expecting issues.
2021 software as delivered was reliable, but I am only downloading 2022 software now I'm back on WIFI.
Side glass, I think I can clear this up for everyone - Yes it has laminated side glass fitted front and rear. (This is what some people call double glazing.) So, YES we have the new uprated rear glass to compliment the front glass already changed a couple of years ago. BUT, This laminated glass (poly-vinyl bonded or PVB) does not look to me to be acoustic PVB, just ordinary PVB. (acoustic PVB normally has an ear symbol on the markings or the word acoustic. Basically this normal PVB offers about half the benefit of acoustic PVB (at around half the cost) but to my tuned ears it has done the job well on this vehicle. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by how good this car was. For anyone still reading at this point, the parcel shelf would provide SOME benefit, but not much. There was no dominating higher frequency openness coming from the rear, but some mid frequency that was inoffensive to me. (Would be of more benefit to rear passengers, obviously.) The mid frequency from the rear would have me treating the rear tub with damping and some felt below that trim. If I were tasked with making that car quieter tomorrow I would be heading straight to the second set of door seals sold on ali express to give the greatest benefit, as without doing this, any other money spent on a parcel shelf or otherwise would offer little benefit. I will be living with the car as it is for a while before making any mods, as I find it to be that good. Wind noise was good, road noise was good, biggest niggle beinng the very audible whines when the vehicle starts pre-conditioning for super-charging. That said, all opinions will be different and fall within a bell curve as at least 50% of acoustics is psychoacoustics and brains are highly subjective and variable. My dissertation for my degree many years ago was actually on subjective responses to vehicle noise, so I know we will all hear whatever we hear, and be valid opinions! Therefore I'm not saying whether you should be happy or not, just offering an explanation to maximise any further investment value.

It's a great car, good luck everyone, hope this helps. Just don't get your hopes up beyond getting a great car at the event!

Just got home from Bristol delivery and read through this so far. Offering my summary here, going into a bit more detail where I can hopefully add a bit of definitive value given my automotive development background.

I was picking up 2 MY's today and I will start by saying that they are both very solidly built, no squeaks and rattles, no panel gap issues (large but consistent, so OK) and I AM VERY HAPPY at this stage. Everything else here that sounds like moans is just critique, with me having assessed 100's of cars through the years for all aspects, but particularly for Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) and Audio and Infotainment. I am happy because THE CARS ARE GREAT!

Event:
The event was a non-event and Tesla made a gaff by calling it a Delivery Event and telling me on the phone there would be swag and cool other stuff presumably to tempt us to take a 71 plate rather than wait 2 weeks. I was told it would be "spectacular." Not cool Tesla, not cool. That said, if the cars had be badly built and the event amazing, that would have been far, far worse. So overall, good. (Tesla have an exceptional control over their operating costs and today we saw why other car companies only make 5% operating margin and Tesla make about 18% - They spent £50 on Jaffa cakes!) So overall, the right balance, first world problems. TAKE UMBRELLAS THIS WEEK BECAUSE CARS ARE ALL OUTSIDE!

OK the car info:
Weirdly my blue car has the paint protection film in front of the rear wheels and my black car doesn't?!?!
Both have front mud flaps only.
Neither car has any of the Type C USB ports working. This will be a service fix, until then, wireless charging or 12V socket through an adaptor only. (The sockets are there but not the printed circuit boards behind them. (THIS WAS NOT STATED TO US TODAY.)
No parcel shelves, no ledges for them, the Ali express third party part is the way to go as it has the additive side mouldings included.
Can't really comment on the paint finish as its just been too wet, not too worried about this, Shanghai doesn't have the old paint shop like Fremont, so I'm not expecting issues.
2021 software as delivered was reliable, but I am only downloading 2022 software now I'm back on WIFI.
Side glass, I think I can clear this up for everyone - Yes it has laminated side glass fitted front and rear. (This is what some people call double glazing.) So, YES we have the new uprated rear glass to compliment the front glass already changed a couple of years ago. BUT, This laminated glass (poly-vinyl bonded or PVB) does not look to me to be acoustic PVB, just ordinary PVB. (acoustic PVB normally has an ear symbol on the markings or the word acoustic. Basically this normal PVB offers about half the benefit of acoustic PVB (at around half the cost) but to my tuned ears it has done the job well on this vehicle. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by how good this car was. For anyone still reading at this point, the parcel shelf would provide SOME benefit, but not much. There was no dominating higher frequency openness coming from the rear, but some mid frequency that was inoffensive to me. (Would be of more benefit to rear passengers, obviously.) The mid frequency from the rear would have me treating the rear tub with damping and some felt below that trim. If I were tasked with making that car quieter tomorrow I would be heading straight to the second set of door seals sold on ali express to give the greatest benefit, as without doing this, any other money spent on a parcel shelf or otherwise would offer little benefit. I will be living with the car as it is for a while before making any mods, as I find it to be that good. Wind noise was good, road noise was good, biggest niggle beinng the very audible whines when the vehicle starts pre-conditioning for super-charging. That said, all opinions will be different and fall within a bell curve as at least 50% of acoustics is psychoacoustics and brains are highly subjective and variable. My dissertation for my degree many years ago was actually on subjective responses to vehicle noise, so I know we will all hear whatever we hear, and be valid opinions! Therefore I'm not saying whether you should be happy or not, just offering an explanation to maximise any further investment value.

It's a great car, good luck everyone, hope this helps. Just don't get your hopes up beyond getting a great car at the event!
Forgot to attach the pics of the front and rear side glass markings. Weird to me that it is different manufacturers for front and rear. I know SGS (The manufacturer of the front glass) mark their side glass as acoustic when it is, so I'm pretty confident this is all non-acoustic PVB. Also both are declared as 4.3mm thick and no-one would ever put acoustic lamination on the rear but not the front.

I think that puts the concerns over glass to rest, it's included and it's good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2834.jpg
    IMG_2834.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 58
Forgot to attach the pics of the front and rear side glass markings. Weird to me that it is different manufacturers for front and rear. I know SGS (The manufacturer of the front glass) mark their side glass as acoustic when it is, so I'm pretty confident this is all non-acoustic PVB. Also both are declared as 4.3mm thick and no-one would ever put acoustic lamination on the rear but not the front.

I think that puts the concerns over glass to rest, it's included and it's good enough.
Nice detailed review, thanks. Are there any Tesla part numbers on the glass?

Many thanks for this overview. I’m naturally cynical in nature, so not surprised that this launch event wasn’t much of an event at all. Tesla don’t do any marketing as we know, and this was always going to be ‘what’s best for Tesla’. Which is to get as many cars out the door as possible. Like you say, before the reg change in March. I’m personally extremely surprised how not bothered people are about a new reg. only 2 weeks away from March, I wouldn’t of taken delivery yet.

Although it’s probably expected there are no USB’s, you should of been told about this. With thousands of Y’s now being delivered, in the mix with heathy 3 deliveries, I wonder how long it will take to get the retrofit.

Overall the Y seems great though!

Reactions: acoustonaut