Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No need to panic. Regardless of how you get your car, if there are issues you simply log them in the Tesla app and they get sorted. Unless of course there is something fundamentally wrong and you don’t want to accept delivery. If that’s the case don’t sign for it.

From experience picking up from a Tesla location, they are pretty keen to get rid of you. You can log issues with them, or do it when you get home and have had a good look at the car.
Good thank you for this, I was planning to do Model Y Inspection | Tesla Inspect UK. Before signing anything. I wonder how long the truck driver will wait for me to check the car. Seems like I would be rushed either way.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
A few weeks back, when these 'spectacular' events were first mentioned by Tesla, there were promises of free lunch/dinner. I haven't seen anything about that since - did that ever materialise?
No further comments on that except Jaffa cakes but with strong winds of 50 mph expected when we collect (admittedly not as bad as Friday is projected to be) I don't think we will be sticking around. A bit of a concern actually - makes me wonder what would make Tesla postpone this event?

No further comments on that except Jaffa cakes but with strong winds of 50 mph expected when we collect (admittedly not as bad as Friday is projected to be) I don't think we will be sticking around. A bit of a concern actually - makes me wonder what would make Tesla postpone this event?
This has been in the back of my mind too! Like many, I don't really care about the event, I just want my car (without damage from flying debris from Friday's hurricane)!

Anyone got advice on how to deal with the screw holes when fitting a front stick-on plate?
Check you tube but some just left them and you can see them very close up,
Some put blue tack in, some filled them.
I believe the rear plate has a very large hole to be filled behind it. Hence I’m going to stick a ‘proper’ plastic one on the rear with double sided body tape

Reactions: LOVO
makes me wonder what would make Tesla postpone this event?
Could turn out to be quite a fiasco. Dragging people literally hundreds of miles from where they'd actually prefer to pick their vehicles up ... to "special events" promised to be "spectacular" that are far from it.

I wonder if they'll end up with a bunch of uncollected cars on Saturday that ends up costing them an arm and leg to store on the docks. Maybe serves them right? 😂

Pics of the Tesla rear stowage bins and the rear all weather liner….
I’d say the stowage bins are excellent, match the rear carpet perfectly and look like they should have come with the vehicle. I wasn’t expecting a top part, just the bins but the top carpet cover exceeded my expectations - Finished it off beautifully.
The all weather mats I’m not so sure about just yet.
Mine are all curled up still after 3 months in the boxes and seem to feel a bit more plastic like than rubber (doesn’t feel like the heavy rubber I was expecting!)
I’ll give it time, maybe they will relax a bit after a while….
467423A4-D527-4881-93D7-D374FCDEB4A4.jpeg
3056DC0E-52CE-4A3C-B973-E143EE2D4EA1.jpeg
224D9C08-0C99-4C32-B251-6E76C75D0C10.jpeg

I’d say the stowage bins are excellent, match the rear carpet perfectly and look like they should have come with the vehicle. I wasn’t expecting a top part, just the bins but the top carpet cover exceeded my expectations - Finished it off beautifully.
Mine are all curled up still after 3 months in the boxes and seem to feel a bit more plastic like than rubber (doesn’t feel like the heavy rubber I was expecting!)
View attachment 770178View attachment 770179View attachment 770180
I agree, the space is cavernous, so the bins are extremely useful.

I put them all flat on the floor at home and put some heavy items on them to keep them flat. Left for a couple of days and they work perfect.

Reactions: Pete UK
A few weeks back, when these 'spectacular' events were first mentioned by Tesla, there were promises of free lunch/dinner. I haven't seen anything about that since - did that ever materialise?
I think one person said a guy on the delivery team said it would be ‘spectacular’.
From there on everyone’s imagination ran wild 😂
At Duxford we arrived early and were told we could head up to the cafe and get a coffee. (It was just the regular cafe there.) So all 3 of us did; got a coffee and a bun but had to pay!
Later, after a while I overheard a Tesla guy say they had a tab up there 🤦🏻‍♂️
I didn’t see any merchandise on sale. The venue was pretty cool and you could have a look around the museum but there wasn’t really anything really ‘spectacular’ like fireworks or a spitfire fly by !
The presentation was about what Tesla is up to and you could ask questions but no one really did.
You can skip the presentation if you like you won’t miss much.
The cars arrived that morning and the Tesla delivery team must have been up at the crack of dawn. They were all very helpful and had the time to help you get in your car, set up the phone key for you, explain a few things, answer any questions and get you on your way.

Thanks for the pics. Very pleased I went for the side bins now after seeing yours.

I agree on the rear liner. I bought the Tesla OEM ones but really wasn't impressed for the price so I ended up returning them and I'll see if I can find something more rubber like online. I also want ones that have the folds in them that make getting to the sub-boot a lot easier.

In the source code my PendingVin": null has changed to:
pendingVin": "A VIN will be assigned to your order as soon as a vehicle that matches your configuration is available. After you get your VIN, you will be able to make your final payment
A good sign I hope after a long 'dead' period

I sent mine back lol