Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about potentially cancelling my order, I’m sure it’s a great car and have heard great things about Tesla, but part of the reason I was making the switch was I was tired of Jaguars customer service post purchase. I find it very frustrating that after rejecting delivery for the 19th there’s been absolute silence from Tesla, they haven’t responded to emails and no way to talk to them on the phone, getting worried if their presale customer service is so horrid surely post sale can’t be that much better.
Maybe you shouldn’t have rejected it…

Thinking about potentially cancelling my order, I’m sure it’s a great car and have heard great things about Tesla, but part of the reason I was making the switch was I was tired of Jaguars customer service post purchase. I find it very frustrating that after rejecting delivery for the 19th there’s been absolute silence from Tesla, they haven’t responded to emails and no way to talk to them on the phone, getting worried if their presale customer service is so horrid surely post sale can’t be that much better.
Bye! :)

Model Y is one of the most wanted models since there is no model S or X this year. It is quite possible you are moved to the back of the queue, but since the queue is growing, there isn't anything available to update you. My wife ordered a BMW last year and I can tell you the waiting time is over 12 months and increasing. Every few weeks I get a nice shiny email saying "there are no further updates regarding your order". Stay calm and wait for a VIN to be assigned in the next few months.

N
I totally understand the viewpoint though wouldn't advise a cancel. see how it goes. And I found it best to deal with it by not visiting these forms daily as it only increases fomo/anxiety etc.

I have my MY scheduled for collection on 7/3 from Soton (fairly local) and thankfully it's a 22 but had I been offered pre-22, I would have done the same. Even more likely so for someone if the travel to Soton was not at all convenient.

My last email to Tesla was on 27/1 and it was only yesterday 16/2 that they responded. It was a great well written email, and helpful but that was over 20 days to respond. So, the lack of comms or silence does happen, contrary from what you might infer from people's posts here. It's not all instant but there does seem to have a large variance.

The elongation of the next set of est. delivery times to May and now June has been in the last week mostly, which I would have thought follows after your rejection and assumed next allocation but who knows how they do it.

I would continue to press CS for answers, which I'm guessing you are.
Someone I know who also purchased a MY, had luck also with this email for support: [email protected]

Fingers crossed you see progress.

I’ve driven small/medium 1.2-1.4lt hatchbacks my entire life. Finally test drive a MY today (pick mine up in March)

Just wow! How can you ever go back to a different brand? Scared a: hell the first 5mins of the test drive given regen braking, speed, size and height of the car. Then it’s entirely natural all of a sudden to drive with one pedal and the car is simply amazing. Ignore all the nonsense journalists are forced to write to pick holes in cars. They can’t write “yep pretty much perfect, next” can they?;

Drive comfort - Better than anything I’ve riden in. Can’t believe ex the car enthusiasts can pick out what is stiff, firm or whatever. It was a pleasure to sit in.
Build quality - Like an expensive Tesla to me.
Rear noise? No. Parcel Shelf? Well maybe nice to have for added privacy but not a deal breaker at all. Fake news!
Rattles, bangs, wind noise? Nope was almost silent.
The screen was super responsive, the sat NAV miles better than my VW. The glass roofs a joy, the back is spacious, the reclining seats in the back lovely for passengers. So much space in the trunks, frunks and everywhere else.

I thought this was the best car out there for a family all rounder. Ordered on day 1 in October hoping I’d done the right thing. Now I’ve driven one I know I was right.

You’ll love this car. Can’t wait to pick mine up.

Good. A faster delivery for someone else waiting :)

Reactions: VX Foxy
I’ve driven small/medium 1.2-1.4lt hatchbacks my entire life. Finally test drive a MY today (pick mine up in March)

Just wow! How can you ever go back to a different brand? Scared a: hell the first 5mins of the test drive given regen braking, speed, size and height of the car. Then it’s entirely natural all of a sudden to drive with one pedal and the car is simply amazing. Ignore all the nonsense journalists are forced to write to pick holes in cars. They can’t write “yep pretty much perfect, next” can they?;

Drive comfort - Better than anything I’ve riden in. Can’t believe ex the car enthusiasts can pick out what is stiff, firm or whatever. It was a pleasure to sit in.
Build quality - Like an expensive Tesla to me.
Rear noise? No. Parcel Shelf? Well maybe nice to have for added privacy but not a deal breaker at all. Fake news!
Rattles, bangs, wind noise? Nope was almost silent.
The screen was super responsive, the sat NAV miles better than my VW. The glass roofs a joy, the back is spacious, the reclining seats in the back lovely for passengers. So much space in the trunks, frunks and everywhere else.

I thought this was the best car out there for a family all rounder. Ordered on day 1 in October hoping I’d done the right thing. Now I’ve driven one I know I was right.

You’ll love this car. Can’t wait to pick mine up.

Did you back off the accelrator fully the first times like you would a petrol car? You’re expecting it to coast a little but it ‘slams’ on the ’brakes’ :)

Doesn’t take long to get used to and I love it now.

I’ll give it time, maybe they will relax a bit after a while….
I can tell you that they won’t - you’ll need to put weights on the corners and leave it a couple of days. If they’re still bad, apply weights and use a heat gun/hair dryer which will sort it. That’s what I needed to do for mine.

Ah well, think I’ll just have to bite the bullet now, can always place another order like yourself 😂
They don’t make it clear at all, typical Tesla. Thanks for the reply Urban, hopefully you get your P soon, I’ll just have to get a can of red for callipers & a red marker for “dual motor” underline

Reactions: UrbanSplash