Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVs are exempt from congestion charge in london. Well technically 100% discount. You have to register a car for discount which costs £10 for the year. Don’t know if you have to set up autopay which is another £10 but I did. You upload proof of ownership and proof of zero emissions and it normally comes through in a couple of working days. I sent images of the first two pages of my V5 - cover shows me owning, and inside left page shows its electric
What about lease cars where you don't have proof of ownership?

Reactions: Marvin03
I think this video might explain the discrepancy. It would appear the battery size is 82.1 kWh but the "nominal full pack" prior to a software update was 79.2 kWh. What I find interesting about this video is that it would appear that Tesla increased the size of the battery a while ago (in the US at least) but only relatively recently allowed owners to access the additional capacity with a software update (hence the range increases):
MIA and MIC vehicles use different batteries. The US get the 82 kWh Panasonic battery, in Europe we have the 79 kWh LG battery.

MIA and MIC vehicles use different batteries. The US get the 82 kWh Panasonic battery, in Europe we have the 79 kWh LG battery.
According to this article the Y5LD battery manufactured by LG that is being used in Europe is 82kWh. I don't think the exact capacity matters - the important thing is that we are getting more range!

Reactions: Tomlkj and Pete UK
I thought they had to have payment in full to complete registration? I would recommend re-reading your "next steps" and checking the SMS. I paid 1 week after getting invoice the full amount and registration did not come through till 11 days later.
Email proof of payment in the form of a receipt or screenshot to [email protected] at least 48 hours before delivery.

The above is the notification I rec'd in Tesla app .

What about lease cars where you don't have proof of ownership?
You need to get something from your lease companty re the V5.
It is simple. The ULEZ zone - you are automatically exempt and do not need to register. However if you dont register and pay your £10 per year per vehicle and enter the CC zone you will indeed get fined if you do not pay the CC within the required time. And the next day and the next day etc.

You can check your number plate with tfl...if they know about it you do not need to do anything... otherwise it takes you to registration
That’s only got the LEZ/ULEZ zone, not for congestion charge zone.

Found this on drive electric website:

Until you receive confirmation that your application is successful, you should continue to pay the daily Congestion Charge in full for travel within the charging zone. This can take up to 10 working days. Not paying during this time will results in penalties.

You need to get something from your lease companty re the V5.
It is simple. The ULEZ zone - you are automatically exempt and do not need to register. However if you dont register and pay your £10 per year per vehicle and enter the CC zone you will indeed get fined if you do not pay the CC within the required time. And the next day and the next day etc.
Interestingly, found this:

In 2020, TfL issued 4945 congestion charge PCNs to Teslas.

I think this video might explain the discrepancy. It would appear the battery size is 82.1 kWh but the "nominal full pack" prior to a software update was 79.2 kWh. What I find interesting about this video is that it would appear that Tesla increased the size of the battery a while ago (in the US at least) but only relatively recently allowed owners to access the additional capacity with a software update (hence the range increases):
Assume this is the space capacity they hold back in the battery to allow for degradation over time. Maybe their modelling shows there is more effective battery available based on the avg batter lifespan they have seen over the last 2-3 yrs of the Y reporting back to them? Either way it still boggles my mind they can manage this all via software and remotely - its incredible

Reactions: Tomlkj
I got told by my lease company my collection location is London Park Royal. I'm located in SW London, any one else get this collection location? I've told them i'm fine with mass collection locations such as Bluewater/Brent Cross in a bid to get a collection date. Been waiting since Oct 15th, this Chinese wall with Lease orders is frustrating!

So, re the TFL CC exemption, maybe it makes sense to do the private plate bit and get the new V5 before applying to TFL..?
Think it would be easier, yes.
But in the meantime you gotta pay it 😬

We were going into London twice at the weekend, so as I was expecting the original V5 in 5-10 days, thought i’d at least register the delivery reg (as it’s a free swap to a new number plate.
But our car wasn’t in the TFL database, so caused all sorts of problems.
Then 20mins after I applied for the exemption, the new V5 landed on the doormat 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s a bit of a mess, now (on the TFL side) as now neither the old or new reg are recognised!
I guess eventually TFL will have the new in the system. Then we can swap it (and wait another 10 days!)
So, yeah probably best to wait. 👍🏻

Reactions: simonzebu
I got told by my lease company my collection location is London Park Royal. I'm located in SW London, any one else get this collection location? I've told them i'm fine with mass collection locations such as Bluewater/Brent Cross in a bid to get a collection date. Been waiting since Oct 15th, this Chinese wall with Lease orders is frustrating!

I collected my first ST+ last year from Park Royal. This year I asked to be moved to Park Royal when they pushed me to blue water, and they said service centres weren’t set up for collections. And your update brings us full circle

Tesla collections really are all over the place

I collected my first ST+ last year from Park Royal. This year I asked to be moved to Park Royal when they pushed me to blue water, and they said service centres weren’t set up for collections. And your update brings us full circle

Tesla collections really are all over the place
Maybe outdated info now, but I also picked up my 2020 TM3 at Park Royal.

Personally, I wouldn't fancy a trek to either Bluewater/ Brent cross from SW London when Park royal is closer - unless you chose either as your preferred location.