Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be on Morning Carina which Mr M reckons will arrive in Southampton around 12th March. I have a delivery window of 11th - 25th March so I am keeping my fingers crossed that mine will also arrive around that time!
I went into our local tesla this weekend and our ship is due to dock on the 11th, I couldn’t remember for the life of me what the ship was called, according to this that ship isn’t due in the uk?

Attachments

• 6065B38F-6D92-445C-B67D-E55A07B0057A.png
    6065B38F-6D92-445C-B67D-E55A07B0057A.png
    474.5 KB · Views: 71
How about insurance quotes ? This is my first car and the insurance is costing me a staggering 3375 Per year ! This might be a deal breaker for me right here !
This is insane. My advice, add an older member of the family to the insurance if possible (parent / older sibling etc) - it will always be better (as long as they have no points etc) even when you are the primary driver

This is insane. My advice, add an older member of the family to the insurance if possible (parent / older sibling etc) - it will always be better (as long as they have no points etc) even when you are the primary driver

How about insurance quotes ? This is my first car and the insurance is costing me a staggering 3375 Per year ! This might be a deal breaker for me right here !

I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the insurance database will be updated on March 1 and this will allow all insurance companies to offer insurance for the model Y.

At the moment it appears only 8 companies can offer insurance for the model y .....and most of them are subsidiaries of two or 3 companies.

If you can wait then I suggest try again at the beginning of March. The suggestion of adding someone else with a good driving record to your insurance is also a good one.

Reactions: ajbrun and Tomlkj
I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the insurance database will be updated on March 1 and this will allow all insurance companies to offer insurance for the model Y.

At the moment it appears only 8 companies can offer insurance for the model y .....and most of them are subsidiaries of two or 3 companies.

If you can wait then I suggest try again at the beginning of March. The suggestion of adding someone else with a good driving record to your insurance is also a good one.
Thanks for the info, can I ask where did you get it from?

Direct line weren't good for me. Because the lease is being paid for by my company but I want to insure it personally they said it had to be insured under a business policy and the quote was c.£8k (no joke!)
Do you need to specify this if the car is owned by my LTD company? Currently have a DL quote with myself as registered keeper but haven’t specified my company as the owner (there’s no question for this on the quote)

I'm picking up my MY on 4 March from Southampton.

Because I have no faith in the train service I will probably be there at least an hour before my alloted collection time so was wondering if anybody knows if either there is anywhere close by to get a drink or bite to eat, or whether you can wait at Tesla itself. (umm assuming they won't allow me to collect my car until the correct time slot?)

Thanks for the info, can I ask where did you get it from?
I spoke with my last insurance company (sold my car through motorway) and they were not able to quote on MY as it was not on their system... something about it not being assessed yet for the insurance group that most companies rely on.

Apparently (from the insurance rep) new models are put on the central insurance system at the beginning of the month.

I am hoping this is the case because the quote I received from Admiral was ridiculous ...Direct Line was slightly better but still far too high considering my driving record and age.

So going to wait for beginning of month...8 days before I get the car. I do have a quote I will go with DL....refusing to have a tracker nonsense fitted considering my age and experience.

People may wish to have tracker fitted or even go with short term insurance in the hope that MY insurance costs reduce over time as more companies offer insurance.

On comparison sites only about 8 companies out of 100s can offer insurance at this stage.

Apologies for length of message...good luck all.

I’m confused about RNs when leasing. I ordered a car myself then decided to lease it and gave the RN to the lease company who said they’d taken that over which led to another text from Tesla with a new RN. I am now am being asked by Tesla to schedule a pick up for the original RN.

I’m guessing I need to speak to the lease company (Zen auto) unless anyone else knows if this is normal? I’m trying to avoid ending up with two cars or no car.

I'm picking up my MY on 4 March from Southampton.

Because I have no faith in the train service I will probably be there at least an hour before my alloted collection time so was wondering if anybody knows if either there is anywhere close by to get a drink or bite to eat, or whether you can wait at Tesla itself. (umm assuming they won't allow me to collect my car until the correct time slot?)
There's nothing in the Docks, it's effectivly an Industrial Site. There's lots of stuff by the station, and a McDoanlds on the walk between the Station and Docks!

Reactions: amcneil123