Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seen from your history that you're a new driver with 2 years experience - don't want to be a negative nelly but I'd be surprised if anyone would insure you for a sensible sum of money. I assume you are at least over 25, which will help. If you have anyone who's been driving longer you could try getting them to insure it with you as a named driver, but that usually requires that they are the main driver of the vehicle.
If they are not the main driver then it's 'fronting' which is illegal and will bugger up the insurance record of you both. You could add a more experienced driver (a parent maybe?)as an additional named driver which can have a positive effect.

Reactions: VX Foxy
I'm 30, 12 years experience and I'm getting quotes between £450-600 ish. My current car is a BMW 330i, so similar-ish performance (a bit slower) and I pay £390. Most people seem to be getting slightly higher than that, between 600-1000. I live in a fairly quiet area which helps. In London I would expect this to be higher again. It does seem that it's really variable though, so it's a guessing game.

All you can do is make sure you add 1 or 2 named drivers with more experience, and make sure you try not to pick a high risk job title: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/
I've just sold my 3 year old BMW M2 ahead of the MY arriving next month. I'm 60+ living in rural Sussex with the car garaged. Insurance last year on the M2 £165 - quotes for the MY between £550 and £600! Maybe they've concluded that "older" drivers won't be able to cope with the new technology! Can't be the speed as the M2 was a bit quicker! Fortunately I can wait for more insurers to come on line next week hopefully.

For those with March 15-29 as their delivery range, what's the collective opinion for when we'll get a more specific date?
I spoke with a Tesla rep this afternoon, date provided was more likely to be 20th March at either Southampton or Bluewater locations for all London and South East deliveries. I’ve requested a home delivery as a result as I’ve sold my trade in vehicle and no real easy way to get to either location for me 😀. Home delivery isn’t a guarantee but they will try their best as it’s a complimentary service.

Reactions: foxtru
I had my logbook come through the post today. I noticed the power and then compared with the performance model 3. This is interesting...
20220223_190523.jpg