Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in SE so Bluewater isn’t a disaster but Southampton is…a completely different part of the country. I didn’t ask about home delivery but read others having some success with that, maybe worth exploring?
Estimated delivery 15-29 March. I complained at Tesla Westfield about Bluewater delivery and they arranged for me to have home delivery. The EDD disappeared from my account. I asked about this and they said it was normal for home delivery but then I asked about whether the home delivery does takes away the trade-in car. 'You have a trade-in?' Yes, it's there on the account. 'Well you cannot have home delivery'. Thankfully, all is back to previous state but I do have to schlep to Bluewater

Reactions: Helguson17
Right, removed the number plate frames front and rear and got the private plates on the mode Y. I stuck my new front number plate to the original back plate holder on the car and the rear straight on the body.

Anyone considering doing this you need 20 mins and;
1) A Phillips screwdriver.
2) A “T20” star drive to get the rear backplate off the car (T20? say what?)

Can post pics of result of anyone is interested.
Followed these instructions, spot on. Thanks @Pete UK 👍

Reactions: Pete UK
👍🏻 Sweet - looks much better right?

I also got the second (paper) V5C back yesterday. (The one with the private plate assigned to our MY.)
Swapped the CCharge discount onto that plate now. Just waiting for approval back from the CC gods.
Hopefully CC exemption all sorted within 10 days of delivery! (although could have been maybe half that, if I’d waited a couple of hours longer for the original V5 and just applied once I’d assigned the private plate online 😂)
We live and learn…
I was very pleased with the delivery times for both the V5C’s and applying for the CC discount. Was expecting 10 day turn around on both. 😁

Reactions: JudgeJi and Silox
Followed these instructions, spot on. Thanks @Pete UK 👍
👍🏻
Sweet - looks much better right?

I also got the second (paper) V5C back yesterday. (The one with the private plate assigned to our MY.)
Swapped the CCharge discount onto that plate now. Just waiting for approval back from the CC gods.
Hopefully CC exemption all sorted within 10 days of delivery! (although could have been maybe half that, if I’d waited a couple of hours longer for the original V5 and just applied once I’d assigned the private plate online 😂)
We live and learn…
I was very pleased with the delivery times for both the V5C’s and applying for the CC discount. Was expecting 10 day turn around on both.
😁

[EDIT: received the CC exemption just now - less than 24Hrs to swap to the new plate. Very Impressed.]

Last edited:
Reactions: ukmy
Can anyone tell me how to apply a trade-in estimate?

I have a confirmed order with delivery date mid March.

I have an email trade-in estimate from Tesla I am happy with. It says to apply the trade-in, go to your Web account, choose trade-in and update mileage and pictures.

When I do that it just starts another trade-in estimate process, as though I hadn't already gone round that loop.

Can anyone tell me how to apply a trade-in estimate?

I have a confirmed order with delivery date mid March.

I have an email trade-in estimate from Tesla I am happy with. It says to apply the trade-in, go to your Web account, choose trade-in and update mileage and pictures.

When I do that it just starts another trade-in estimate process, as though I hadn't already gone round that loop.
you get on option on your order to apply a trade in, if you have previously declined that option you need to call Tesla to re instate it

Reactions: kcrane