Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I toured nissan sunderland in the 90's

At the wheel fitting station they had a spiral conveyor with wheels on it coming from above, every car was different on the line, they in theory fed in the right wheels at the top and they'd be the right one to be bolted on at the bottom, so you'd have top of range petrol, then mid range diesel and so on and it was all sync'd

And that was 25 years ago...
Tesla don’t build to order similar to most other manufacturers that have copied the Toyota system over the years. Tesla build in batches so in theory it should be harder to make this type of mistake, but clearly not foolproof.

Ordered ! There was no feedback on Amazon but your photos did the trick. Just ordered the floor mats . 125 quid . Thanks for sharing
Ordered MYP 15/10/21 changed to LR 14/2/22 when P delivery went out to year end. Expected delivery of LR was May/June yesterday, today I received text to say “It’s on its way” and account now says expected delivery 13-20th March, whoop whoop. Still haven’t even driven one but from reading on here I’ve nothing to worry about 🙏😂

New arrival in our house today 😀

AnyVan delivery worked well for us. We got a tracker link first thing and were able to follow the driver on his route. He was delivering two cars in the area, a bit sad to hear that the other car, two streets away, is exactly same spec - twins!! Initial checks completed while driver there, but just advised to reach out to Tesla with any issues.

367E48C2-2EE4-415F-A165-A87B8449563C.jpeg

Anyone know how long it takes for account to be activated on a lease car? Says 24hrs but would be good if it was sooner.

C04D37CE-1CD2-4F83-A54E-128B7110051D.jpeg
Initial observations on car

Quality of finish looks great - a few bubbles on one of the PPFs on the rear door
Car is very quiet on the road - no obvious rattles
Ride on Inductions is absolutely fine for us but we are used to firmer ride of Audi S3
Fitted car floor/boot mats from Amazon (D1X MOTOX) seem to be good fit (will post pictures later) notice they have increase in price by over 15% since I ordered
Ordered ! There was no feedback on Amazon but your photos did the trick. Just ordered the floor mats . 125 quid . Thanks for sharing

Reactions: RichardTheKing
see below

Attachments

• 85A43AE5-32A1-4341-A1DD-E0473A7589EF.png
    85A43AE5-32A1-4341-A1DD-E0473A7589EF.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 69
That's a bizarre thing to be wrong.. must have been done at the factory.. but surely they don't use multiple types of tyres?
Two posts popped up now, another Model Y with two A/S and two P Zeros. 😂 Both American builds from Fremont, seemingly got each other's wheels! Cars for North America / east coast get all seasons, cars for the west coast (I'm lead to believe?) get the P Zeros, so yeah this must be a factory error.

• Funny
Reactions: NSS89
Hi all. Finally received reg plate and collection date set for 15th March @ bluewater. Midnight Silver, white int, 19" Gemini wheels. One question, I see lots of people buying floor mats for their cars. Are you saying that a car that costs near on £60k doesn't even come with floor mats?!?

Reactions: Kjhon
Hi all. Finally received reg plate and collection date set for 15th March @ bluewater. Midnight Silver, white int, 19" Gemini wheels. One question, I see lots of people buying floor mats for their cars. Are you saying that a car that costs near on £60k doesn't even come with floor mats?!?
The car comes with carpet floor mats. Most people want all weather mats.

You get regular carpet floor mats included. Like on most cars. They seem just like other car floor mats to be honest. Nothing special, not bad or good. I bought the all weather mats for the Trunk, Frunk and big lower trunk area. To be honest haven't even opened the Frunk or lower trunk since buying the car and putting their all weather mats in !

Thought the rear one(s) might make a difference to any road noise that was hotly debated on this thread about 200 pages back - but to be honest the Tesla all weather mats are not 'heavy duty rubber' and it hasn't made any discernible difference, with or without them, as the car is extremely quiet anyway, in my humble opinion.

Frunk mats might be useful for dirty shoes from a walk or doing a run to the recycling centre. The Tesla all weather Trunk liner has been good for the dog, although unnecessarily expensive. One that splits may be better for accessing the smaller, lower trunk, although we've just chucked all the leads in there, which probably we'll never open again or use the leads unless stuck somewhere remote without a regular wall charger!

The curling up of the Trunk liner from being in a box for 3 months; seems like now its flattening itself out over time.

Also, the "not having a parcel shelf" (issue?) has made no discernible difference to my life, just one less thing to start rattling and you can see the dog easier !

Hope some of this ramble might be useful to someone.

You get regular carpet floor mats included. Like on most cars. They seem just like other car floor mats to be honest. Nothing special, not bad or good. I bought the all weather mats for the Trunk, Frunk and big lower trunk area. To be honest haven't even opened the Frunk or lower trunk since buying the car and putting their all weather mats in !

Thought the rear one(s) might make a difference to any road noise that was hotly debated on this thread about 200 pages back - but to be honest the Tesla all weather mats are not 'heavy duty rubber' and it hasn't made any discernible difference, with or without them, as the car is extremely quiet anyway, in my humble opinion.

Frunk mats might be useful for dirty shoes from a walk or doing a run to the recycling centre. The Tesla all weather Trunk liner has been good for the dog, although unnecessarily expensive. One that splits may be better for accessing the smaller, lower trunk, although we've just chucked all the leads in there, which probably we'll never open again or use the leads unless stuck somewhere remote without a regular wall charger!

The curling up of the Trunk liner from being in a box for 3 months; seems like now its flattening itself out over time.

Also, the "not having a parcel shelf" (issue?) has made no discernible difference to my life, just one less thing to start rattling and you can see the dog easier !

Hope some of this ramble might be useful to someone.
Very helpful indeed. However, I have in the past purchased all-weather mats and they made the car stick of rubber and I removed them. Do the ones recommended have the same problem? Thanks