Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just ordered a Model Y, says delivery July, we will see! I’m trading in my currently 6 month old Model 3.

One question I have, how easy is it to get the Tesla finance all settled on the current car and swapped over to the new car? Is there some way to tell them that’s what I’m doing, then they automatically calculate it all on the collection day based on the current outstanding finance amount and trade in value for the old car?

Did someone say you have to email Tesla to say you've paid the invoice? GBdelivery@tesla or some such?
As long as you’ve paid and it shows on your balance as zero, then you’re good to go.
They never even asked us at pick up.
I assume the “proof of payment” email might be for those who pay at the 11th (or 12th) hour expecting to collect the car when Tesla haven’t received confirmation of the cleared funds in their bank a/c yet.
FPS should be “instant” but mine never showed up on the account until the next day. Some saying theirs showed up a couple of hours later but mine always took a day !
Just pay in full a few banking days before and forget about the proof of payment email.
And forget about the 2p interest your losing from your bank 😂

I’m baffled by this. I’ve made full payment 3 weeks before delivery. Account shows ‘paid’ prepare for collection. Yet you have to email to say you’ve paid, with a screenshot of their own website?! Ffs
I didn't receive final invoice until 19 hours (overnight) before collection ... weeks of incompetence (owned a number of Tesla's over the years / family members, but even though used to Tesla Chaos this was the worst experience ever ... but that's another story)

I made payment, my bank showed it had cleared, Tesla said "If you have RN number in the payment reference it will clear within an hour". It didn't ...

As requested I sent proof of payment (needs to have bank heading and show Source and Destination account details etc.), which was accepted. My Account remained showing "unpaid", but DeliveryGB said they had "Cleared the car for collection".

Picked up following morning, took the proof of payment with me, didn't expect to be asked for it (and wasn't). I presume because DeliveryGB had cleared the car for collection (otherwise not sure that the guys at handover would have been able to solve it). At the time of collection my account was still showing unpaid (so much for "RN number references clear within a hour or two"). A few hours later, by the time I got home, My Account was showing paid.

I've had exactly the same thing on collection of previous Tesla's (on one occasion late payment was my fault, funds available but in wrong account and all the delays of banking system to transfer them ...). They've always been happy to give me the car on proof of payment that I could have produced in photoshop ...

So I think proof-of-payment only required if funds haven't cleared. And even then if proof has been sent to DeliveryGB, and car "cleared for collection", in my experience the physical paperwork still isn't needed - handover person's tablet tells him the car is good to go, they've checked your driving license, asked you to sign their tablet (well ... used to be a tablet, the other day it was a phone), once that is done they give you the key cards, and tell you which row the car is parked in. That's about the top and bottom of it.

Reactions: UrbanSplash
I’m very impressed, ordered MY 5th March (white/black19’s) and I now have a vin assigned and an estimated delivery of 15th to 25th March showing in the order screen.

Insurance quote sorted and switching over to Octopus Go.
Ooo, there’s hope! I ordered MY 5th March (Red/Black 19’s) but sorted the Lease on Monday, so hopefully I will get a VIN soon! (I don’t think I will be so lucky on the lead time though)

I’m baffled by this. I’ve made full payment 3 weeks before delivery. Account shows ‘paid’ prepare for collection. Yet you have to email to say you’ve paid, with a screenshot of their own website?! Ffs
You don't really.. it's on their system. It's using the american text where their system doesn't allow for faster payments so it might not have arrived by the time you pick up the car. It said the same in 2019 when I got my 3 and they never asked for anything.

I sent no proof at all and wasnt an issue picking my car up as the account showed fully paid.
Same here. Just make sure you’re fully paid up at least a few business days before.
I don’t think you even need the final invoice to pay right? You can pay before that. Like the price you’re paying isn’t going to be a surprise.
Don’t stress yourselves out people !
Enjoy you’re new cars 👍🏻

Reactions: VX Foxy
Are Octopus accepting switches at the moment?

I want to do the same to get the best deal on charging along with the integration of the Ohme Home Pro with the Tesla API, but thought they either aren't taking new customers or it's not recommended as you will not be protected by the cap prices.
I think they are but they've recently changed their prices.

I ordered a Model 3 back in December so started the switch then but because my smart meter wasn't working correctly, they couldn't switch me over to GO until they were receiving 30 minute readings. Fast forward, they resolved the smart meter issue and switched me over - bonus, they switched me to the cheaper 5p kWh tariff rather than the new 7.5p kWh GO tariff due to me requesting the change back in December on anticipation of the Model 3.

I think they are but they've recently changed their prices.

I ordered a Model 3 back in December so started the switch then but because my smart meter wasn't working correctly, they couldn't switch me over to GO until they were receiving 30 minute readings. Fast forward, they resolved the smart meter issue and switched me over - bonus, they switched me to the cheaper 5p kWh tariff rather than the new 7.5p kWh GO tariff due to me requesting the change back in December on anticipation of the Model 3.
When I looked at this it did not make too much of a difference... 7.5p for a few hours but the daily rate increased 5P (£0.25 > £0.30Pence).
Assuming I used 200 Kw per month for the car and only in the low tariff window - which I doubt I would was £10 saving at best..
0.30 *300Kw £90
0.25 *300Kw £75
0.075 *200Kw £15 - Car
0.25 *200Kw £50 - Car

Standard difference (+) £15, (-)Car £35 = £20 - only if I charged in the 4 hrs window...

Reactions: VX Foxy
When I looked at this it did not make too much of a difference... 7.5p for a few hours but the daily rate increased 5P (£0.25 > £0.30Pence).
Assuming I used 200 Kw per month for the car and only in the low tariff window - which I doubt I would was £10 saving at best..
0.30 *300Kw £90
0.25 *300Kw £75
0.075 *200Kw £15 - Car
0.25 *200Kw £50 - Car

Standard difference (+) £15, (-)Car £35 = £20 - only if I charged in the 4 hrs window...

slightly different at the moment though - SVR has shot up so almost the same as the new octopus go and I think you fix for 12 months at that peak rate? But on SVR that might go up again through the year well beyond 30p/kwh?

Ha! life saver!
Yes, I noticed the same, however I received a text this morning with a different reg ! On invoice it was GJ22 *** but I got N Ireland number on text WGZ**** (I live there) I have personal plate to go on so not too bothered but could make your insurance expensive if you have to pay for changes every time. I paid remaining balance yesterday & due pick up next week.

We picked up our Y today at Glasgow. The advisors are super friendly and helpful. It was a great experience.

They were a couple of marks which I’ve booked in and they have a body shop on site. Otherwise the car was flawless and the build quality is as good as our 2019 VW Tiguan.

We’ve had a fantastic experience overall and it was so much better than our previous car purchases.