Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220212_121559~2.jpg

Settings for any audio source. I think its the button on the top right. There's a link to a video earlier in the thread but after 258 pages, I'm not looking for it there. Possibly this one but it's quite a way through.
Thanks Alex. Found it and activated it. Oddly BBC Radio 4 is missing from the list of stations. BTW if like me yesterday the guys at the collection point turn on the hazard lights remotely so you can locate your car (perish the thought of walking you to it) the actual on/off button is hidden in the ceiling between the map lights.

Is there one you’d recommend?
There’s a sticky on this forum if you have a search for it. There’s a lot of useful information on there but I’ll summarise: if you want reliable performance there is a bit more to it than just picking a huge ssd with a “good” read/write. Because of the frequency the cars read and write for dash and sentry mode footage, some ssd drives are not ideal. Some will give you unusable footage, others will give you errors immediately or after some time. Some people still use them but I’ve had trouble with them. The best solution really is a sandisk extreme endurance micro sd card in a USB adapter. Small, designed for the fast and continuous read/writes and available in large enough formats. Haven’t had any corrupted footage since I switched to it. You don’t need terabytes of storage space, because of the way the cars format the footage.

Reactions: Js1977 and Bunes
Thanks Alex. Found it and activated it. Oddly BBC Radio 4 is missing from the list of stations. BTW if like me yesterday the guys at the collection point turn on the hazard lights remotely so you can locate your car (perish the thought of walking you to it) the actual on/off button is hidden in the ceiling between the map lights.
I wish mine would NOT have BBC Radio 4 available.

My guess would be if you add the right FM frequency it'll find it on DAB. It will also switch seamlessly back to FM if you lose the DAB signal.

Is there one you’d recommend?

I would go for a brand such as Samsung. It needs to be able to cope with constant rewriting/overwriting recordings. Cheap or non brand SSDs will struggle to maintain the constant rewrites.

I’ve used a 128gb micro SD drive by Samsung for several years in a high end dash cam system and it still works fine. I’m sure the Tesla Thumb drive is good and proven hardware.

Reactions: Jasel
There’s a sticky on this forum if you have a search for it. There’s a lot of useful information on there but I’ll summarise: if you want reliable performance there is a bit more to it than just picking a huge ssd with a “good” read/write. Because of the frequency the cars read and write for dash and sentry mode footage, some ssd drives are not ideal. Some will give you unusable footage, others will give you errors immediately or after some time. Some people still use them but I’ve had trouble with them. The best solution really is a sandisk extreme endurance micro sd card in a USB adapter. Small, designed for the fast and continuous read/writes and available in large enough formats. Haven’t had any corrupted footage since I switched to it. You don’t need terabytes of storage space, because of the way the cars format the footage.
Thank you!

Reactions: Casss
Yep same here.
In 22 days we’ve done 666 miles and “used” 271 kWh (its 80% charged at the moment, so actually used approx 208 ish kWh).
Average driving. I guess 12,000 miles a year for us.
The dual rate makes it much cheaper to charge your car - but significantly increases the cost of our household use, which is about 4 times more than the car uses; so more expensive to have a cheap night rate in our case. And potentially more limited charging window, which we’d exceed if going on a long trip and go into the expensive zone!
Also it’s nice just being able to plug it it anytime when you get home.
We’re on SSE fixed rate of 16p a kWh till July.
After that we’ll be put on the govt. capped rate, whatever that is….? so this could all change for us !
£60 a month do do 1,000 miles.
- I’m loving the running costs so far !
Also our max range shows 326 miles.
Is this normal? Though it’d show 331. At least at first!
(The “home” and “other” below are all at home - my wife didn’t set our home as home in the car until a few days after we got the car.)

View attachment 778652
You use 40 kWh a day for your house? Are you sure?