Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does one need to pay for the £1000 tow bar on the UK model Y if we’re just using it for a bike rack? I heard the fixtures are already present and we don’t plan on towing anything. Tried to look on other sleds but couldn’t find a definitive answer. Thanks
The guy that showed me how to take it on and off said that the model 3 comes with most of the parts behind the plastic cover but the model Y does not. So I expect you will need to pay the £1300 if you just want to use the tow bar for a bike rack.

I went to Bluewater to pick up my Model Y on Thursday, its not that bad to get to using public transport.
Just ask google maps-public transport mode and it will show you neatly what to do - there will be few hops to do, the final leg being a short bus journey from the 'Ebbsfleet International' train station to Bluewater - then walk following the signs (look for yellow square) to the lower-level car park (yellow car park - aka Plaza car park) located near 'House of Fraser'
I changed to a home delivery as too much hassle to be stuck in an uber for 1-2hrs traversing london to kent on a busy saturday. Tesla now delivering to me on thursday. apparently no downside as Blue Water is not an actual service centre so if there was problem with the car you'd still have to book it in to a service centre on the app. that was my main concern about home delivery. As I have had several Teslas already I wont need any help/guidance on the day with set up, but totally understand those who are new to the brand wanting tesla people on site to explain things. one thing that concerns me is how Tesla has chosen to 'valet' cars hit by the sandstorm, given their track record on prepping cars....

Does one need to pay for the £1000 tow bar on the UK model Y if we’re just using it for a bike rack? I heard the fixtures are already present and we don’t plan on towing anything. Tried to look on other sleds but couldn’t find a definitive answer. Thanks
Already looked and there is nothing behind the bumper for a towball

Attachments

• 34404E5F-6E6A-466A-B6FD-0BF17E88F019.jpeg
    34404E5F-6E6A-466A-B6FD-0BF17E88F019.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 79
  • 085C1737-A214-4625-8E16-FBF9D24C3C07.jpeg
    085C1737-A214-4625-8E16-FBF9D24C3C07.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 58
  • EA6C068D-C473-4446-A5CB-D3D85EF46037.jpeg
    EA6C068D-C473-4446-A5CB-D3D85EF46037.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 59
I've seen a few MY now and you can spot them a mile off, they're huge...
Still waiting on the UK sales for March but across the EU, M3 and MY occupy the top slots beating ID4 and Ioniq 5 combined.

Kia EV6 continues to be that car that gets the maximum attention from onlookers, whereas Tesla is more mainstream now.

I’m one of the new malden lot. Just requested delivery as picking up from bluewater may now be tricky for me. FYI told it could be between a day earlier or 6 days after my current pickup date. Just waiting for them to confirm tomorrow.

Maybe they should just hire a car trailer for all of ours….!

Reactions: Oktaneza