Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wish Tesla would just move on from this end of quarter numbers game

That's the stock market driving that, not Tesla per se. Musk tried to take the company private to avoid these shenanigans (and others) but didn't have all his ducks quite in a row and got into trouble with the SEC (fines to the tune of several $tens of millions). Pity as that would have solved a number of issues like this.

Reactions: QuanTim and Peteski
In case helpful to both you and @novemberRomeo - when I collected mine from Bluewater, because of the Saharan sand that had been blown all over the cars kept on the roof of the carpark, they had sensibly decided not to have the "cleaning" team try to wipe them down. Instead, they said you could get it cleaned yourself and they'd refund up to 50quid - just mail the receipt through to the DeliveryGB mail. So maybe worth exploring that in your case too.
That IMO is very reasonable and probably better than a pre collection wipe over.
In your situation I would go for a detailer wash and ceramic coating. It will gleam!👍

Reactions: Helguson17
So my valuation on my Model 3 has come into my account as confirmed now, they have dropped it nearly £1000 since Monday when I got the estimate done. It's a bit disappointing, I may contact them to see if they can increase to match their original offer.
Anyone had any luck doing that?

So my valuation on my Model 3 has come into my account as confirmed now, they have dropped it nearly £1000 since Monday when I got the estimate done. It's a bit disappointing, I may contact them to see if they can increase to match their original offer.
the terms are pretty clear that it is "non negotiable" but you have nothing to lose.
mine came back after 15days this week and was unchanged
could they have seen something on the pictures they did not like?
A few people have created additional tesla accounts to allow them to get new quotes without scrapping the current one.
You could try that to try get a higher number then use that to beat them with.

That's a shame. I'll probably end up in a similar situation with our M3 trade-in. Also got an estimate on Monday and now about to submit photos for a final offer. How does the deal look overall? The estimate I got was only £1k less than we paid for it new 15 months and 14k miles ago. So I'm not going to complain too much if they drop their offer a little as long as they don't low ball it. The trade-in I got on our 4 year old MX was £9k higher than what Motorway estimated, so Tesla are in my good books at the moment!

Same here. Dropped £600 since estimate done. However my estimate is what I paid for the car 6 months ago so can’t really complain too much.

the terms are pretty clear that it is "non negotiable" but you have nothing to lose.
mine came back after 15days this week and was unchanged
could they have seen something on the pictures they did not like?
A few people have created additional tesla accounts to allow them to get new quotes without scrapping the current one.
You could try that to try get a higher number then use that to beat them with.
There's no need to set up multiple Tesla accounts, you can keep getting new trade in quotes for that car as many times as you like, even after they've already given you the 60 day offer!

I tried that after the trade in was applied to my order while waiting for the photos to be assessed for two weeks and it refused to allow it.
It definitely works, I have done it multiple times (the estimate is actually now £1200 lower than the estimate I saved, and £250 lower than the final offer I received). If you get the "404 page not found" error, just click the trade in link at the bottom of that page and it will work.

It definitely works, I have done it multiple times (the estimate is actually now £1200 lower than the estimate I saved, and £250 lower than the final offer I received). If you get the "404 page not found" error, just click the trade in link at the bottom of that page and it will work.
all I got ( after the 404) was "There is an active trade-in for this vehicle. Manage and view the status of your trade-in from your delivery profile."
I don't need it anymore but just saying did not work for me which is why some people do it on a separate account

Same here. Dropped £600 since estimate done. However my estimate is what I paid for the car 6 months ago so can’t really complain too much.
Interesting, maybe trade in values have peaked. :(

I too had a confirmation lower than my estimate and given that my car looked pretty immaculate in the photos (only polished it this weekend) I was shocked that it had dropped hundreds of pounds. Brought back bad memories of car dealers sucking through their teeth and pointing out anything they could to lower the price. Until now I hadn't seen anyone else report that their valuation offer was far less than the estimate. I have emailed them to ask why but I'm not hopeful they will even respond, especially given how busy they are.

Also from FAQs: Tesla believes in a fair pricing and in treating all customers alike. As part of this, our trade-in prices are non-negotiable.

I suppose the most annoying thing for me is that I went for an inventory model which had upgraded wheels, not originally budgeted for, as it would be partly offset by the increased trade-in. Felt great before, now feels a little bit bait and switchy to get the sales in, especially if others are reporting the same.

WebuyAnyCar are giving shockingly low valuations as an alternative, so unless I cancel the order and try to get the reservation money back, I'll just have to accept it as 'market variation'. In the bigger cost of things it's a tiny amount and a few weeks down the line it will be forgotten.

Last edited:
Interesting, maybe trade in values have peaked. :(

I too had a confirmation lower than my estimate and given that my car looked pretty immaculate in the photos (only polished it this weekend) I was shocked that it had dropped hundreds of pounds. Brought back bad memories of car dealers sucking through their teeth and pointing out anything they could to lower the price. Until now I hadn't seen anyone else report that their valuation offer was far less than the estimate. I have emailed them to ask why but I'm not hopeful they will even respond, especially given how busy they are.

Also from FAQs: Tesla believes in a fair pricing and in treating all customers alike. As part of this, our trade-in prices are non-negotiable.

I suppose the most annoying thing for me is that I went for an inventory model which had upgraded wheels, not originally budgeted for, as it would be partly offset by the increased trade-in. Felt great before, now feels a little bit bait and switchy to get the sales in, especially if others are reporting the same.

WebuyAnyCar are giving shockingly low valuations as an alternative, so unless I cancel the order and try to get the reservation money back, I'll just have to accept it as 'market variation'. In the bigger cost of things it's a tiny amount and a few weeks down the line it will be forgotten.
Mine from two weeks ago was confirmed at same price this week. Mind you my estimate predates the 5k price rise so it should have gone up!

Reactions: GT_M3
Motoring press should pay attention to tyre pressures. Mine was delivered with 50 psi all round (19" wheels). Even driving it home with the high pressure, the ride was okay. Dropped to 42 psi and it's now really very good. Ride quality is certainly not a point of complaint. These rumours in the press seem to grow horns. Just gives the Tesla haters and doubters a convenient excuse to dismiss the Y (their loss entirely).

I can't imagine 20" rims are THAT much worse when run at correct pressure.
they are noticeably rougher over our roads as tested one out on 20" in Winchester. If you have dodgy roads the 19" make a lot of sense

Reactions: Peteski
they are noticeably rougher over our roads as tested one out on 20" in Winchester. If you have dodgy roads the 19" make a lot of sense
Richard Symons has extensively tested both the 19s and 20s, and he says the ride on them is "roughly the same", so it's just stiff suspension, the wheels don't appear to make a noticeable difference.

It was after hearing that which made me change my order to the 20s.

Richard Symons has extensively tested both the 19s and 20s, and he says the ride on them is "roughly the same", so it's just stiff suspension, the wheels don't appear to make a noticeable difference.

It was after hearing that which made me change my order to the 20s.
I can only speak for the 19" wheels, but honestly the ride is more than acceptable on our pretty rough country roads. It is quite firm, but in a positive way. Damping is fine too. Maybe they changed the damper spec at some point, or the press are just full of s***! I would expect 20" wheels to be a notch down on ride quality (simple physics of a lower profile tyre sidewall), but I would imagine it's not a huge deal overall. The 20" wheels do look great, but I stuck with the 19" for the best ride possible. They look pretty good anyway.