Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed last week for a MYLR. Account is currently showing as May/June delivery through the website, although the app itself shows no date, just a prompt to “Manage Account” through the site. Is that normal?
May/June on the website! Does this mean a wheel upgrade?😉 In my experience you will get a date range in about another week. In speaking with them today (they are really nice people both at the centres and on the telephone in my experience thus far) they are not currently expecting the app estimated delivery date to change.

The deal still isn't bad, offering £49,736. (Paid £49,590, 30th Sept 21 pickup) It just feels a bit sour that they sent me the offer on Monday, so then I place an order and they drop it by the Wednesday.
I have raised this with Customer Services who are approaching the trade in team for me. I should hear back today supposedly.
Spoken to Tesla today, they have said there is a milage discrepancy of around 1700 miles. I have now resent their offer with the milage that is on there and my current milage (discrepancy of around 50 miles due to driving yesterday).
Hopefully they will revert back to the original price.

The deal still isn't bad, offering £49,736. (Paid £49,590, 30th Sept 21 pickup) It just feels a bit sour that they sent me the offer on Monday, so then I place an order and they drop it by the Wednesday.
I have raised this with Customer Services who are approaching the trade in team for me. I should hear back today supposedly.
It seems to be a fast moving market at the moment. I wouldn't feel too sour about it, Tesla are still doing you a favour here. How much do you think you would get for it selling privately or to a dealer? For our last trade in, Tesla were £8.5k ahead of any other offer I received. Even a private sale would have been nowhere near the Tesla trade-in, with all the hassle of having to deal with tyre kickers. Tesla didn't even look at my car when I handed it over. Easiest trade-in I've ever experienced in all my life!

I wonder if they make minor adjustments based on what car and spec you order against the trade-in? Like if they know your new car is 2 months away they might adjust for the trade-in car to compensate. I don't think the photos make any difference unless there is some glaringly obvious defect.

Or maybe you were just unlucky that their book price got updated.

Ordered MYLR via from Zenith lease on 8th Mar 22 - white, gemini wheels (no EAP or FSD)

Don’t have a specific ETA but zenith website says late 2022 (managed to get a RN number from Zenith but spoke to Tesla customer care and they would not give me any details as car ordered by Zenith and they don’t have consent to give me any information)

I see some of you have received early delivery dates

Have anyone who ordered similar spec around Early March and got any dates. TIA

It seems to be a fast moving market at the moment. I wouldn't feel too sour about it, Tesla are still doing you a favour here. How much do you think you would get for it selling privately or to a dealer? For our last trade in, Tesla were £8.5k ahead of any other offer I received. Even a private sale would have been nowhere near the Tesla trade-in, with all the hassle of having to deal with tyre kickers. Tesla didn't even look at my car when I handed it over. Easiest trade-in I've ever experienced in all my life!

I wonder if they make minor adjustments based on what car and spec you order against the trade-in? Like if they know your new car is 2 months away they might adjust for the trade-in car to compensate. I don't think the photos make any difference unless there is some glaringly obvious defect.

Or maybe you were just unlucky that their book price just got updated.
The reason it doesn't feel right is that the original trade in quote to sell mine was completed on Monday (21st), valid until the 28th on the email I have, due to that I then placed an order on Tuesday (22nd). Pick up confirmed for the 28th March for the Model Y, Inventory vehicle.
Now, last minute the trade in price drops.

Just doesn't give me that happy feeling.

I wish there were silver wheel options. I just can't get the hang of those black 20" or any black wheels really. Of course, I forgive them on a Tesla.
Yeah having a white car I think the 19" look great.. I even had plastidip ready to go to turn them black but on reflection comparing them to pictures with black wheels I much prefer the silver with a white car. On a black or blue car I might feel different.

The reason it doesn't feel right is that the original trade in quote to sell mine was completed on Monday (21st), valid until the 28th on the email I have, due to that I then placed an order on Tuesday (22nd). Pick up confirmed for the 28th March for the Model Y, Inventory vehicle.
Now, last minute the trade in price drops.

Just doesn't give me that happy feeling.

I guess that's why they call it an "estimate". So they finally offered you a grand less over £50k on a car that has effectively been a freebie for 6 months and you are still disappointed. I guess that's what they call managing customer expectations, lol. I expect I'm going to get the same issue, but I'm not going to quibble unless they suddenly drop the price unfairly low. Our M3 is 15 months old and their estimated offer was still within a grand of what we paid new, so I'm not going to give them a hard time.

I think the mistake they make is making an "estimate" valid for 7 days. It's sort of pointless as it's only an estimate anyway.

Yeah having a white car I think the 19" look great.. I even had plastidip ready to go to turn them black but on reflection comparing them to pictures with black wheels I much prefer the silver with a white car. On a black or blue car I might feel different.
That's what swung me to ordering a white MY. We've had a couple of white Teslas and I was ready for a change, but thought the silver wheel covers look better with the white bodywork. Also looks better in real life than in photos. However I've just ordered a grey MY for my wife and stuck with the 19s. Might consider dipping the wheel covers in grey to match. But I'll see how it looks first. I've seen a few grey MYs on the road and they look okay on silver wheels.

I guess that's why they call it an "estimate". So they finally offered you a grand less over £50k on a car that has effectively been a freebie for 6 months and you are still disappointed. I guess that's what they call managing customer expectations, lol. I expect I'm going to get the same issue, but I'm not going to quibble unless they suddenly drop the price unfairly low. Our M3 is 15 months old and their estimated offer was still within a grand of what we paid new, so I'm not going to give them a hard time.

I think the mistake they make is making an "estimate" valid for 7 days. It's sort of pointless as it's only an estimate anyway.

I think the reason they have reduced is they have said the milage was different by ~1700 miles when it isn't. I have gone back and asked them to clarify this, hopefully that will sort it out.