Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collecting next Thursday, that’s 14 days from order to delivery, not bad ;-)
Thats lucky! I ordered 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a VIN.

I assume they found an inventory car?

Timings, is it right to assume about 30 days from RN to VIN, with a few days to build and then around 30 days on a ship?

This is going to be painful, but at least its estimating 6th May - 3rd June, order placed 11th March. My MS took nearly a year back in 2015.

I just turned down delivery for my MSM with 20 inch wheels for next Thursday from Bluewater as I can't make that date. I know its end of quarter so Tesla want to get as many cars out as possible but there was no flexibility offered on the date :(

Anyway, if anyone has the same spec and delivery location and awaiting VIN assignment, you might get a text shortly!

Thats lucky! I ordered 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a VIN.

I assume they found an inventory car?

Timings, is it right to assume about 30 days from RN to VIN, with a few days to build and then around 30 days on a ship?

This is going to be painful, but at least its estimating 6th May - 3rd June, order placed 11th March. My MS took nearly a year back in 2015.
It was a cancellation. Applied to my order after only 4hrs. RN to VIN varies widely, there is no consistency.

That’s not really how it works. You’ll get a VIN when the car has been built and is either in the country or on the ship on the way. Cars are not made to order. Telsa just make cars and you’ll get matched to one that’s the correct spec. The speed this will take to happen depends on your spec, when you ordered and other things.

If you’re lucky, you’ll get matched to a car quickly because your spec isn’t in high demand, there was a cancellation and you’re in a position to pick up (i.e. all profile steps completed, using a quick finance method and not too far from a delivery location). There tends to be lots of matching at the end of a quarter so end of March, June, September and December.

It’s pretty late in the month now really so I imagine Tesla will be less likely to match you to a car but you really can never be sure. April will likely be a quiet month for matching too so your estimate is probably not too far off.

OMFG! 😆😆😆😆😆
1F43E0E0-7171-4948-9C22-AD584A3CCA4E.jpeg

Order placed last week for a MYLR. Account is currently showing as May/June delivery through the website, although the app itself shows no date, just a prompt to “Manage Account” through the site. Is that normal?
Mine is the same. No estimated delivery date on the app itself, I have to go to the account page on a browser to see it. It's weird because everyone else's screenshots of their app when waiting for delivery has the EDD on the app. But glad it's not just me!

(Ordered last week as well, except a M3LR instead of Y as in your case.)

Mine is the same. No estimated delivery date on the app itself, I have to go to the account page on a browser to see it. It's weird because everyone else's screenshots of their app when waiting for delivery has the EDD on the app. But glad it's not just me!

(Ordered last week as well, except a M3LR instead of Y as in your case.)
I think it’s just in NA that they get the date on the app.

Reactions: QuanTim
After waiting all day for delivery they are finally coming 2.5 hours later than the time they advised. It’s already getting dark. Can I get some advise from everyone regarding accepting delivery now. I am worried I might miss out on paint imperfections etc.