Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine's remaining "May 8th - May 22nd", so a 2 calendar week window rather than your 4 calendar week window. This might be normal, but it does bamboozle me a bit; presumably these vehicles are all part of the same shipment. Any wise owls here know why some get 4 weeks and others 2 ?
I have 2 on order both placed same time and one order said May 09-24th and other said May 10-June 09 last time I seen

So who knows lol, hoping its the earlier as i've just sold my car earlier than expected - need something for time being

Did you cancel yours in the end? I did, and I notice now on my Tesla account for the previous car it says a payment is due. Obviously different to what they emailed me.....I may have to call them to find out
I received an email this morning to say that my direct debit for my old car has just been successfully taken, even though I cancel the direct debit!

I emailed Tesla financial services straight away and have now received an email back saying that I have a credit note for that amount to my account.

I received an email this morning to say that my direct debit for my old car has just been successfully taken, even though I cancel the direct debit!

I emailed Tesla financial services straight away and have now received an email back saying that I have a credit note for that amount to my account.
I have just got off the phone to them, I cancelled my direct debit, and they have credited the account so that the outstanding payment does not stay on there. Fingers crossed all sorted :)

Reactions: teaston
Hi, first poster.

I ordered an MY at the weekend. It estimated delivery as July, but now says May 08 - June 05. Is that the delivery window and is it normally towards the back end? I’m returning from living in Australia in mid April and trying to decide whether to rent or buy an old car. It all depends on how long I have to wait for the Tesla.
Thanks
I ordered a Model Y a week or so ago and estimated delivery was initially July, then it switched to May-June (same date range as yours I think), but now it has changed again to June 08 - July 06. It's all dependent on what specific spec you ordered and how many orders ahead of you drop out, etc. They try to match cars with orders to get them out on the road as quickly as possible. When I ordered they were estimating a May delivery for cars with 20" wheels, suggesting they have a batch of cars in that spec sitting around. All specs with 19" wheels were estimating a July delivery.

Anyone noticed that changing the camera view on sentry mode is extemely slow on MY? i also have an M3 and you can flip between camera views lighting quick but on MY its really slow. both cars parked in same locaiton so cant be a 4g reception issue, seems sthing specific to MY or my particular car is faulty!?

Anyone noticed that changing the camera view on sentry mode is extemely slow on MY? i also have an M3 and you can flip between camera views lighting quick but on MY its really slow. both cars parked in same locaiton so cant be a 4g reception issue, seems sthing specific to MY or my particular car is faulty!?
If you means live view via phone app, just tried mine and it takes between 4-6 seconds to switch cameras, car is on my driving with good wifi signal.

If you means live view via phone app, just tried mine and it takes between 4-6 seconds to switch cameras, car is on my driving with good wifi signal.
yes, live view via phone app. maybe theres something wrong with mine then. on my 2019 M3 perf, it's instantaneous switching between camera views, literally no lag at all. would have thought MY would be at least as fast as newer hardware

yes, live view via phone app. maybe theres something wrong with mine then. on my 2019 M3 perf, it's instantaneous switching between camera views, literally no lag at all. would have thought MY would be at least as fast as newer hardware
How long does it take to switch on the Y? It is strange that it’s slower, everything else on this Ryzen processor is so much faster, I can’t believe how fast Netflix & Youtube open, it actually makes them useable!

om my MY it takes 10-15 seconds and sometimes it just gets stuck! M3 is zero lag. confused
I think they may have a lot of optimisation improvements to do on the software to make it run better on the Ryzen processor, for example Tesla say that the Ryzen cars are a fair but less efficient due to the CPU using more power, which surely shouldn't be the case when all it's doing is running a screen, sat nav and maybe spotify etc., it's not as if it's editing videos or rendering 3D CAD drawings!

Is the M3 on a UK eSIM and the MY on a Netherlands one? If so wonder if that could be related?
Mine definitely connects to UK when on LTE:
ACA967AE-EA8A-4AE5-A8F6-D050BB95AE2D.jpeg
A6311BD5-9B8F-44BB-B9C1-A67E2A367E57.jpeg

Very impressive, but does it make any practical difference when streaming or browsing? 40 Mbps is plenty fast enough for either.
Maybe the internet speed doesn’t make much difference, but the CPU speed makes an absolutely massive difference! The browser was unusably slow before, now it’s pretty much like using it on an iPad! Means things like iPlayer, ITV Hub, Prime Video etc will be very usable now.