Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the internet speed doesn’t make much difference, but the CPU speed makes an absolutely massive difference! The browser was unusably slow before, now it’s pretty much like using it on an iPad! Means things like iPlayer, ITV Hub, Prime Video etc will be very usable now.
That's good to know. I rarely use the Tesla browser or stream video in the car, but the odd time I've used it in our 2021 M3 it has been pretty good. Haven't really tried it in our new MY yet.

That's good to know. I rarely use the Tesla browser or stream video in the car, but the odd time I've used it in our 2021 M3 it has been pretty good. Haven't really tried it in our new MY yet.
The Netflix & Youtube apps also open wayyy faster than before, I never bothered using them in the M3 as my wife was almost finished in whatever shop I was waiting outside for her by the time the app had opened!

MY 19" White EAP. Changed from May 10 - 23 to May 13 - June 9. Ordered 24 March. Looks like I could miss the 60-day trade in window as well. This shifting of dates gives me some hope that they will meet them.
Ordered same config on March 10 and just checked the delivery estimate now moved from May 8- May 22 to May 13 - June 9. Trade in was valid until May 17 so I’ll be putting pressure on them to hold the trade in or worst case cancel the order.

MY 19" White EAP. Changed from May 10 - 23 to May 13 - June 9. Ordered 24 March. Looks like I could miss the 60-day trade in window as well. This shifting of dates gives me some hope that they will meet them.
Ours just shifted today to “May 13-June 08” which is a wider window and a week later than it previously was. Probably Shanghai’s shutdown is the cause.

First Post! Ordered 14/03/22 and same situation on delivery as above - moved to 13th May - June 9th... gives me a little more time to ponder the induction wheel upgrade... but not sure whether too boy-racer for someone of my age!
I don’t see what is boy racer about them, but if you’re not completely sold on them I’d say save your money! I’ve absolutely loved them since I first saw them, hence why they’re worth the money for me. Although, I will get most of that money back come trade in or resale time.

Reactions: dangrenade
Just in case any of you guys wanting your MY ASAP don’t know about it, this group on the telegram app will notify you immediately that Tesla add any cars to the new inventory, order one and you can then get your current £100 order fee back by quoting distance selling regulations.

There were a few Model Ys added even yesterday:

Ordered 15th March, MY white/white, Gemini 19,

Estimated Delivery: May 09 - June 06
Sorry for the noob question guys, where are you getting the delivery estimate from?

I may not be at that stage yet, I’ve placed an order through a leasing company, I’ve had a text from Tesla this morning with an RN but can’t seem to do anything with it.

Any help or advice greatfully receive, thank you.

Sorry for the noob question guys, where are you getting the delivery estimate from?

I may not be at that stage yet, I’ve placed an order through a leasing company, I’ve had a text from Tesla this morning with an RN but can’t seem to do anything with it.

Any help or advice greatfully receive, thank you.
Not helpful, I’m sure, I placed my order direct with Tesla, and so have access to the app and a delivery date. I understand from Tesla that once a car is allocated, it will be removed from my account (as i won‘t own it) and the leasing company will send the finance details. I think that once the advance payment is made, it will reappear in my account. (I’ve leased mine through ALD, their prefered partner)

Not helpful, I’m sure, I placed my order direct with Tesla, and so have access to the app and a delivery date. I understand from Tesla that once a car is allocated, it will be removed from my account (as i won‘t own it) and the leasing company will send the finance details. I think that once the advance payment is made, it will reappear in my account. (I’ve leased mine through ALD, their prefered partner)

That makes sense, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: xtattsbox
First Post! Ordered 14/03/22 and same situation on delivery as above - moved to 13th May - June 9th... gives me a little more time to ponder the induction wheel upgrade... but not sure whether too boy-racer for someone of my age!
This same decision played on my mind before I cancelled my delivery and switched order for the 20's. I do not regret this decision for one moment.

Anyone noticed that changing the camera view on sentry mode is extemely slow on MY? i also have an M3 and you can flip between camera views lighting quick but on MY its really slow. both cars parked in same locaiton so cant be a 4g reception issue, seems sthing specific to MY or my particular car is faulty!?

I’ve had my MY since 16th Feb and at first the camera view via the app was fast to swap camera views (post delivery update). Like it was almost instant.

Later on after another software update (maybe 2-3 weeks ago ish?) I noticed it is now much slower. The other day it just wouldn’t show the camera view at all; but the car was parked in a Forrest! And we were walking the dog in the Forrest as well. Did have a 4G signal though 🤔
This is kind of when you really want it to work properly!

Today it’s taking 7-10 seconds to change views. Not sure why it now takes so long. Maybe to do with the software update?

Car is on our drive, same place as when it was previously swapping views ‘instantly’. So I don’t reckon yours is faulty. Seems as if something has been changed post s/w update !

Anyone who’s had theirs since the early days noticed this as well?