Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First post here.

Order placed for MYLR in silver with inductions on 18 March 2022. Delivery window is 8 May to 5 June and stubbornly won’t budge closer no matter how many times I refresh the page.

First foray into EV club, replacing a Golf R estate, can’t wait!
The Golf R is a great car. Loved the fun in that, esp with the 4 motion and DSG. But my Y is even more incredible- awesome upgrade!

The Golf R is a great car. Loved the fun in that, esp with the 4 motion and DSG. But my Y is even more incredible- awesome upgrade!
It has been a great car and I will miss it. Was originally looking at the MYP, but can’t justify the additional cost, and the real world of kickdowns etc I think the LR will be faster.

Shame about the lack of parcel shelf, I heard rumours of luggage hooks being added, any sign of those in the UK?

Hi all,

First post here.

Order placed for MYLR in silver with inductions on 18 March 2022. Delivery window is 8 May to 5 June and stubbornly won’t budge closer no matter how many times I refresh the page.

First foray into EV club, replacing a Golf R estate, can’t wait!
I understand the Tesla way is the more you refresh, the further down the list you go - I'll see you at the back of the queue :p

Reactions: Markee68
Ordered my Model Y (Blue/Black/19s) on March 16th. Initial delivery estimate was July, then a week later it changed to May 8th to June 5th. Still showing as that. My trade-in offer expires May 27th so I’m hoping the stars will align although the Shanghai lockdown could prevent that I suppose.

Possible bad news for you guys waiting, factory shutdown is continuing for an unknown length of time!

Hopefully tomorrow…

Reactions: teaston
Afternoon all, first post.
Thought this would be a good spot to throw my hat in the ring. Ordered a MY in Feb following a test drive out of Stratford, which was my first time driving any kind of EV. I have a delivery window of May 8 - 22 and really looking forward to it, all be it a little nervously.
Well done. I also ordered in February and have a 5 May to 8th June window. Can't wait, though I empathise with your nervous anticipation.

I need to get the wall charger sorted and the kerb lowered to allow access to the paved garden.

What is your config?

Just have a look on Green Drive, Tessories and Abstract Ocean sites.
I really enjoy Ryan Shaw videos on Youtube.
He is a musician and Tesla enthusiast with a very successful channel and a " fleet" of Teslas.

One of his videos in devoted to the top ten must have model Y accessories. Things like a screen protector, mats, space organisers ...,
Check out his top ten, is a bit more specific than just telling you about all the places you can buy stuff.

I really enjoy Ryan Shaw videos on Youtube.
He is a musician and Tesla enthusiast with a very successful channel and a " fleet" of Teslas.

One of his videos in devoted to the top ten must have model Y accessories. Things like a screen protector, mats, space organisers ...,
Check out his top ten, is a bit more specific than just telling you about all the places you can buy stuff.
I really like Ryan Shaw, I watch all his videos, but most of the accessories on that video are a bit crap, especially the screen protector, why on earth would you need a screen protector on a screen that can’t be dropped!? Also the floor organiser that takes up feet space on the floor, and has all the stuff in it exposed and looking messy, just rubbish imo. Oh and the neck massager and armrest cover 🤣

Honestly the worst video he has made, I can’t believe he would promote so much trash.

Reactions: Ducati 996
None of us have here in the UK but the German models seem to have them.
Weirdly, whilst my X3 parcel shelf has languished in the spare room ( a sort of large
mandraw) for the last several years, I am rather keen to have one for my MY.
I am hoping that the shelf will help to mute the rather cavernous echo feel of the Y when music is not playing.

Perhaps there will be a retrofit possibility later.

PS Regarding Berliner Teslas, I wonder if there will be a marked difference in fit and finish satisfaction. To be fair, recent collection reviews here suggest the Shanghia MY builds are generally pretty good.

Weirdly, whilst my X3 parcel shelf has languished in the spare room ( a sort of large
mandraw) for the last several years, I am rather keen to have one for my MY.
I am hoping that the shelf will help to mute the rather cavernous echo feel of the Y when music is not playing.

Perhaps there will be a retrofit possibility later.

PS Regarding Berliner Teslas, I wonder if there will be a marked difference in fit and finish satisfaction. To be fair, recent collection reviews here suggest the Shanghia MY builds are generally pretty good.

Any parcel shelf I’ve ever had has usually ended up stored somewhere in the house. So I’m fine with the MY not having one, especially as valuables can be hidden in the storage underneath the boot floor. Will reserve judgement until I get mine though, the “booming” noise may annoy me, although to be honest I never noticed that on the test drive and I deliberately did not have the radio or music on during that. Overall I still found the MY a more refined drive than my 2019 M3. Everything I’ve read about Shanghai built Tesla’s is positive compared to the US built cars, and my MY test drive experience validated that for me.

Reactions: dangrenade
I really like Ryan Shaw, I watch all his videos, but most of the accessories on that video are a bit crap, especially the screen protector, why on earth would you need a screen protector on a screen that can’t be dropped!? Also the floor organiser that takes up feet space on the floor, and has all the stuff in it exposed and looking messy, just rubbish imo. Oh and the neck massager and armrest cover 🤣

Honestly the worst video he has made, I can’t believe he would promote so much trash.
I offered it as a constructive starting point for the member who sought advice and feed back from accessory purchasing members not just a list sites. Well you have given a bit of advice now: according to your opinion, no one needs a screen protector because they are only for screens which can be dropped. Forget about ease of cleaning.
Some one asked for the benefit other members experience of wall chargers and was given a list and told to " take your pick"
99.999% of the members here are sypathetic to newbies and share the benefit of their experience in a constructive manner - bless them.