Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our blue model y on 20s a couple of weeks ago and very much enjoying it ..!

Noticed the undernoted issue at delivery and told that it would be sorted at service if reported via app. Just been told that it is within tolerance and will not be rectified.

Don’t think that is acceptable as it looks damaged to me …?

Has anyone else got similar issue or has a view?

Thanks in advance.
Personally, thats not acceptable on a £50k+ car, actually not acceptable a brand new car period.

Reactions: Gavster1967
Picked up our blue model y on 20s a couple of weeks ago and very much enjoying it ..!

Noticed the undernoted issue at delivery and told that it would be sorted at service if reported via app. Just been told that it is within tolerance and will not be rectified.

Thanks in advance.
That’s just how they are, my Y and 3 both looked like that.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe I'm downright blind, but what's the issue here?

Only gripe was ride quality over bad road surfaces. Despite dropping pressures to 42psi, it still felt it was quite harsh over pot holes etc and probably more so than the M3. We have 20" wheels but this felt like the springs/dampers are just too stiff. On smooth roads/ motorways the ride is perfect but just hope someone comes out with some softer aftermarket spring/damper setup which would make this close to a perfect family car.

Keep an eye on Tevo Solutions. They said that they were working on a new suspension setup and they have a lot of experience with the Model 3

@Tevo Solutions

Reactions: Tevo Solutions
Out of interest is anyone on here leasing through Zen and waiting on one of their May Delivery batch of orders? I asked for an update given the current situation but got the standard reply - "As far as we know all on track" etc.

Just had this back from Tesla UK Sales & Delivery per my plaintive begging for more any date information:

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm nothing is outstanding on your end at the moment, you can expect radio silence from us for a few weeks and a confirmation SMS coming your way mid-late May, once a VIN will have been assigned to your order.

EDD on my account is still holding at "May 13-June 08" but I'm obviously expecting that to slip out further into June over the next few weeks.

Yeh - I dont understand what I'm seeing...?
Have zoomed the pic in a little … if you can’t see anything no worries.

Attachments

• C93EEB46-536B-49C9-B752-1E49242EDA7D.jpeg
    C93EEB46-536B-49C9-B752-1E49242EDA7D.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Markee68

Attachments

• 7EE6CFB1-A66E-4FFF-8CAE-AB81C7DA4E83.jpeg
    7EE6CFB1-A66E-4FFF-8CAE-AB81C7DA4E83.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 59
  • FC6295C4-0DBE-4C5A-B4DA-14A132B0889F.jpeg
    FC6295C4-0DBE-4C5A-B4DA-14A132B0889F.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 46

Thanks in advance.
Within tolerance... Mmmm... smells like something else to me. I had a LR Freelander 2 that had a vibration issue that was "within tolerance". It was a joke. Basically the car would vibrate like the rear wheels were out of balance when the car was warm. Transpires it was something to do with the gearbox. The garage were brilliant, but in the end the LR Chief technician came out, decided it was in tolerance and they were not permitted to any more work on the car. I offloaded it.

I don't think that a gap like that can be considered to be within tolerance surely!

Reactions: Gavster1967
Within tolerance... Mmmm... smells like something else to me. I had a LR Freelander 2 that had a vibration issue that was "within tolerance". It was a joke. Basically the car would vibrate like the rear wheels were out of balance when the car was warm. Transpires it was something to do with the gearbox. The garage were brilliant, but in the end the LR Chief technician came out, decided it was in tolerance and they were not permitted to any more work on the car. I offloaded it.

I don't think that a gap like that can be considered to be within tolerance surely!
Thank you - I think it looks very shabby and right at the drivers door too … to my eye it looks like the trim has cracked or something has sprung to give the impression of an inconsistent crack …

presumably Tesla have some UK Model Ys (not just RHD as there’s type approval for each area) built already that some lucky owners will get in the next few weeks?

I think probably not. Tesla won't have had any cars on the high seas over the end-of-quarter, because at that time they want to convert "all" cars to Sales.

30 days on a ship to UK. So only manufacture for "local market" in the 30 days before end-of-quarter (31-March-ish). Start manufacture for Foreign again once can no longer make in time to complete the sale in the local market. Dunno if they then make for Japan first, 'coz its closer than UK ...

So UK build started on, say, 01-April. But Shanghai, and factory, has been in lockdown ... and they have to build enough to fill a ship.

So earliest I would expect to see sales in UK is 01-May ... provided that they were able to fill a ship on 01-April.

My recollection is that there weren't many MY sales until towards the end of February ... but that might have been that the MY RHD wasn't ready, as that was the first UK MY shipment ... but if it is the case that UK deliveries are the "last 6 weeks of the quarter" then that would be mid-May to end-July, and the early ones will have been hit by Shanghai lockdown.

Reactions: Markee68
I think probably not. Tesla won't have had any cars on the high seas over the end-of-quarter, because at that time they want to convert "all" cars to Sales.

30 days on a ship to UK. So only manufacture for "local market" in the 30 days before end-of-quarter (31-March-ish). Start manufacture for Foreign again once can no longer make in time to complete the sale in the local market. Dunno if they then make for Japan first, 'coz its closer than UK ...

So UK build started on, say, 01-April. But Shanghai, and factory, has been in lockdown ... and they have to build enough to fill a ship.

So earliest I would expect to see sales in UK is 01-May ... provided that they were able to fill a ship on 01-April.

My recollection is that there weren't many MY sales until towards the end of February ... but that might have been that the MY RHD wasn't ready, as that was the first UK MY shipment ... but if it is the case that UK deliveries are the "last 6 weeks of the quarter" then that would be mid-May to end-July, and the early ones will have been hit by Shanghai lockdown.
The first MY deliveries were 14th February in the UK. The big 'launch' delivery was on the 19th in Southampton.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Yeah tesla site is kinda screwed up... I literally ordered my MY paying extra to get it earlier. I was duped. Still pretty happy with my choice but just want it asap!
Tesla have said the GF in Shanghai is closed indefinitely until China releases the lockdown, so there won’t be deliveries for a long time yet. I’m returning to the UK tomorrow and in need of a car so going to buy a cheap run-around for 2-3+ months. It could be a while before production resumes, then add 4-6 weeks for delivery.