Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love most things but not the suspension, too firm for Surrey roads. It has become a deal breaker for me.

Apart from the motoring press, who hated the ride (and may have been given press-cars with high performance / big / whatever wheels perhaps?) I've not seen many complaints and, indeed, plenty of "Was expecting worse ride after reading press reports"

Long shot:

So I wonder if yours is different in some way? Big wheels perhaps? If not then some config perhaps?

Have you ridden in anyone else's MY or a Demo over same roads such that you'd have a comparison?

Probably a ix3, I traded in my X3.
Are you on the 19” or 20” wheel? I’ve just come out of a G05 X5 and while the ride is definitely firmer, it’s not drastic on the broken roads of Glasgow.

There’s not a huge difference between the 19s and 20s in my short experience, but might it be worth seeking out a set of the 18” M3 wheels (assuming they fit) to give you a bit more sidewall compliance before you start tinkering with suspension?

Not sure if this is allowed but seriously considering selling my MY. Love most things but not the suspension, too firm for Surrey roads. It has become a deal breaker for me. Do we have a classifieds area? Not looking for profit just a sensible sale.
Are your tyre pressures correct? I wouldn’t say the y is harsher than my previous LR3, but it’s certainly not luxurious. No complaints though

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner