Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I quite like the white seats, they look cool. But the white trim on the dash puts me off. It looks too reflective to me. So I defaulted to black interior on my Model 3 and have done the same on the Model Y that’s on order. I think the wood is OK but would probably prefer some sort of carbon fibre or perhaps dark metallic type colour.
This sounds like a perfect opportunity to buy more 'critical' accessories !!!

At this rate my 5 year business case is rapidly eroding 😜

• Funny
Reactions: interbear
I quite like the white seats, they look cool. But the white trim on the dash puts me off. It looks too reflective to me. So I defaulted to black interior on my Model 3 and have done the same on the Model Y that’s on order. I think the wood is OK but would probably prefer some sort of carbon fibre or perhaps dark metallic type colour.
I’ve read before of reviewers complaining about reflection off the white trim panel, but I find it is low enough down on the dash not to be any issue at all. Anything I read I take with a pinch of salt these days.

Reactions: Pete UK
I’ve read before of reviewers complaining about reflection off the white trim panel, but I find it is low enough down on the dash not to be any issue at all. Anything I read I take with a pinch of salt these days.

I agree with this. I’ve had my Model Y with the white interior for a month and not once have I seen reflections off of the windscreen or side windows.

Reactions: Pete UK and frasax
Absolutely, both my M3 & MY had/have the white interior and I have never ever noticed reflections from the dash.
I agree with this. I’ve had my Model Y with the white interior for a month and not once have I seen reflections off of the windscreen or side windows.
This is why I love this forum. Real world actual customer reviews

Reactions: teaston
My EDD has just moved back to May 30 - June 27 from May 13 - June 07 as was expected due to the Shanghai shutdown, hopefully now they have made the update they will be able to keep to this window.

As expected, our MYLR has also moved out from “May 13/June 8” to “May 31/June 28” at some point today.

I reckon Tesla will do everything they possibly can to get these cars into people’s hands before the end of June.

Last edited:
Hoping someone has an EDD for my spec of MYLR in white, black interior and 19" wheels. It was ordered through a lease company for my new job so I have no information. Just a text and RN number received on 23/03.

Anyone give me a clue I'm desperate for info.

Hoping someone has an EDD for my spec of MYLR in white, black interior and 19" wheels. It was ordered through a lease company for my new job so I have no information. Just a text and RN number received on 23/03.

I’m literally in the same boat as you. Ordered the same spec, same week via octopus. Their tracker still says July - but guessing that isn’t live!

Similar. I had a second text from Tesla about a week after the order confirmation saying that I’d be allocated a car from the June/July batch, with a confirmed date nearer the time.

In some ways I’m glad I don‘t see a constantly moving date. I can just put it out of mind and get some jobs done instead of spending the days refreshing order pages!