Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they'll write of this Q and, logistic permitted, have an enormous next Q push - delaying most, if not all, deliveries to July/Aug. I hope not for you guys still in with a chance (I'd be envious but happy for you) but we'll find out soon enough if anyone still with a June delivery window actually get a vin, or if they get pushed back too.

This delivery has been a real roller-coaster.

I still think they’ll get as many vehicles sold through as they possibly can in Q2, but won’t hold back from shipping early and often in Q3 to make up ground.

Month 1 of a quarter is often a desert for collections, I don’t think that’ll be the case in Q3…

My EDD remains unchanged for the end of June, for the time being at least!

I'm a month before you guys with my order and I was changed to aug-sep yesterday / or day before.

I just hope for our sakes its an error and part of the EDD ping pong!

Are you guys buying or leasing? I decided to lease this MYLR via ALD. Not sure if that impacts EDD's.
i'm not leasing but not sure if that has any effect..
i guess only after vins are assigned we will know with some certainty when to expect the delivery..
till then the roller coaster ride continues!

(and so does the continuous refreshing of various threads here, along with monitoring the live position of ....
1493954.jpg

MY LR Red/White/Geminis. Ordered 2nd March

As of now, EDD 28th May - 25th June.

(It's China; get out the red paint guys....pleeeese)

Seriously though, thank you GF Shanghai for all your efforts and sacrifices made during this terrible time.
I'm a month before you guys with my order and I was changed to aug-sep yesterday / or day before.

I just hope for our sakes its an error and part of the EDD ping pong!

Are you guys buying or leasing? I decided to lease this MYLR via ALD. Not sure if that impacts EDD's.
Mine is Leased through ALD, mine also went from June to Aug / Sept at the weekend…

The config could explain the difference, they are not built to order.
Yea - it still seems a tad random, even taking that into account considering there aren't endless (or many even) config options. The three on order are, 1. White/Black/19 2. Blue/Black/20 and 3. Black/Black/20. The earliest (but longest window) is for the Blue.

Guess we'll just have to see how things pan out over the next few days as hopefully the first ship will be on it's way.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Yea - it still seems a tad random, even taking that into account considering there aren't endless (or many even) config options. The three on order are, 1. White/Black/19 2. Blue/Black/20 and 3. Black/Black/20. The earliest (but longest window) is for the Blue.

Guess we'll just have to see how things pan out over the next few days as hopefully the first ship will be on it's way.
I'm hoping that means they are now concentrating on colours for a bit.

There doesn’t seem to be any real pattern. We have 3 Y orders through ALD - all ordered in Feb. Two have approx two week EDD windows in June, one still has May 29th as it’s delivery window start date!
I'm beginning to think there is a pattern. Or rather there never is a pattern. Looking at any of the images of any of the factories there are loads of white and black, a few Grey and Blue and then the odd Red chucked in for good measure. For and colour there are 4 configurations. As cars are matched to owners once shipped, the date is a lottery. It is interesting that the shipping date has shifted to August / September as that would indicate that Tesla don't really expect to have anything available until the next quarter.

Tried to sanitise and aggregate the Orders, EDD survey on the other thread for MYLRs ordered here, there is no real pattern, I would say, 20 inches is given a slight priority, obviously the Black/Black and White/Black combination get a lot more supply as there is more demand too.

I have another chart which is much more unpalatable, but my take is that they really operate on a first come first served basis within a spec, and probably this quarter pushing a bit the standard B&W running off the factory

1652088382284.png

Reactions: QuanTim
Just to add my order to the statistics:
Ordered a MYP White/Black/21inch on 22nd of April, original EDD was August. A week later the EDD disappeared. Called Tesla and they informed me they have no clue as the MYP will come from Germany and they are still in the process of polishing bolts in their new factory, instead of full production mode.

On 3rd of May I've changed the order to MY LR White/Black 20inch, EDD then was August. Couple of days later filled out the paperwork (cash buy) pickup location Manchester. Since then to this date: Estimated Delivery: June 24 - June 30

it still seems a tad random

If your combination of options is in one of the batches being built (where Builds is more than Orders) then you'll get a car. If not then you are pushed back to a future build-batch / shipment.

If Tesla have over-built an option-combination and don't have an order for it at end of quarter they will list it as "inventory, available now" and someone will snap it up thinking "Do I really care if it is Red rather than Blue, all my other choices are matched"

As cars are matched to owners once shipped, the date is a lottery

The revised EDD should be ahead of that [VIN allocation] e.g. when delivery is around 2 months out. That will be matching orders to production batch schedules.

This quarter may not be as slick as normal - even where Tesla have scheduled a batch they may well be stymied because just-in-time deliveries fail because component builders were themselves subject to lockdown ... and their suppliers too. Supplier deliveries will also impact quickly the factory can return to full production ... and then there is the availability of ships to get the cars to UK. So lots that could go wrong, this time, even after EDD has been assigned. But in normal quarters EDD, once narrowed to a delivery period, is accurate for most people.

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
I have given up trying to rationalise the pattern. I have also given up on hoping for any promising delivery dates. I placed my order, company lease through our leasing provider, on Feb 4, received my RN Feb 5 - Grey/Black/19”/EAP. Originally, when I ordered, the leasing company gave me a March delivery date, but that came and went with no vehicle allocated to me.

As I have ordered this as my company car, I don’t have visibility to any EDD and whenever I contact Tesla, I’m given vague responses. Usually they tell me that no one has been given any delivery estimates (false based on these forums) or they tell me vaguely the latest month it could be delivered in. I contacted them 1.5 wk ago and I was told September. I’m not sure if this will change with the ship movements, but I’m not holding my breath.

If we talk patterns and priorities, I feel more and more, those leasing, particularly company cars, are lower priority.

I have given up trying to rationalise the pattern. I have also given up on hoping for any promising delivery dates. I placed my order, company lease through our leasing provider, on Feb 4, received my RN Feb 5 - Grey/Black/19”/EAP. Originally, when I ordered, the leasing company gave me a March delivery date, but that came and went with no vehicle allocated to me.

As I have ordered this as my company car, I don’t have visibility to any EDD and whenever I contact Tesla, I’m given vague responses. Usually they tell me that no one has been given any delivery estimates (false based on these forums) or they tell me vaguely the latest month it could be delivered in. I contacted them 1.5 wk ago and I was told September. I’m not sure if this will change with the ship movements, but I’m not holding my breath.

If we talk patterns and priorities, I feel more and more, those leasing, particularly company cars, are lower priority.
I have the exact same spec as you minus EAP ordered 5th of March ( trade in + cash +NEC pickup) and I am in the June18th-30th camp so if there is any logic/justice you should be ahead of me both on the basis of date ordered and stumping for EAP. I guess we will see....

Edit. someone said the other day that Tesla don't count lease cars in the delivery numbers until they are actually handed over to the customer. If true if that causes a delay of a couple of days and everything this quarter is the last two weeks then you would expect them to either priorise lease as the first cars delivered or not at all to avoid spilling over to July and not counting. Pure speculation though. Do you collect from Tesla or does the lease company deliver to you?

Last edited:
I have the exact same spec as you minus EAP ordered 5th of March ( trade in + cash +NEC pickup) and I am in the June18th-30th camp so if there is any logic/justice you should be ahead of me both on the basis of date ordered and stumping for EAP. I guess we will see....

Edit. someone said the other day that Tesla don't count lease cars in the delivery numbers until they are actually handed over to the customer. If true if that causes a delay of a couple of days and everything this quarter is the last two weeks then you would expect them to either priorise lease as the first cars delivered or not at all to avoid spilling over to July and not counting. Pure speculation though. Do you collect from Tesla or does the lease company deliver to you?
I believe I’m due to collect from my local Tesla store. I’m growing more and more skeptical and believe we will not be prioritised first. I hope I’m wrong.

I have also given up on hoping for any promising delivery dates
the leasing company gave me a March delivery date, but that came and went with no vehicle allocated to me

Has been some evidence of deliveries (by lease company) to customers early in the month after the quarter-end ... so I'm suspecting that Tesla manage to get that into their end quarter accounts (may just be that the lease company takes a couple of days to pass-it-on, particularly if they have no idea that a transporter-load of cases is coming!)