Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps. When speaking with Tesla they explained to me the cars are handed out on 'first come first serve' basis. So if you have an earlier RN, you will get one quicker.
I have two RN's.. but given the fact that
Well my March 14th order for a White/White/19 MYLR held steady with 10-30th June for ages, before being pushed to Aug-Sep. It still says that date range. However the source code now says

"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin:false;"

I take that to mean the RN is matched to a VIN that isn't showing yet.

Who knows. I really need to stop looking. Takes me back to the horrible 9 month delay I had with my model s in 2015.
You say 'code now says'.. what was it before? Since I saw that you can check the source, both of my orders show it and have no idea what it said before..

This does not make good reading 😞

That article is based in inaccurate (or incomplete and likely intentionally misleading) information provided by Reuters. They have not "halted" production, though there has been disruption as most people on this thread should already be aware of - Tesla Says Shanghai Plant Still Making Cars; No Halt Notice.

Well my March 14th order for a White/White/19 MYLR held steady with 10-30th June for ages, before being pushed to Aug-Sep. It still says that date range. However the source code now says

"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin:false;"

I take that to mean the RN is matched to a VIN that isn't showing yet.

Who knows. I really need to stop looking. Takes me back to the horrible 9 month delay I had with my model s in 2015.
This has always been the case for me since order date and yet my order was postponed to September. Therefore I do not believe this means anything.

I can't see that IF [isNotMatchedToRa00Vin] changes from True (or blank) to False ... AND IF there is no VIN ... that can only mean "inconsistent data"

Or [isNotMatchedToRa00Vin] has nothing to do with actual VIN.

Back in the day the check was for

[isNotMatchedToRa00Vin] = false AND VIN has a value​

Seems to me that if "VIN has a value" then [isNotMatchedToRa00Vin] would be superfluous

So [isNotMatchedToRa00Vin] might represent something else ... e.g. "Allocated to a future scheduled production batch" which, if all cars in that batch do get made, could be expected to result in a stable EDD

All my own guesswork ...

Put in an order this morning for a bog standard white MYLR as it has ticked over to Sept-Nov 2022 and I'd prefer to get the car late in the year. Interesting it only offers pick it up from either Glasgow or Newcastle, both a bit further than the Edinburgh SC which is about 10 minutes away from me.

Reactions: Pajo78
Put in an order this morning for a bog standard white MYLR as it has ticked over to Sept-Nov 2022 and I'd prefer to get the car late in the year. Interesting it only offers pick it up from either Glasgow or Newcastle, both a bit further than the Edinburgh SC which is about 10 minutes away from me.
Similarly I was offered pick up from Manchester or Newcastle, not Leeds SC which is closer. I don't think the SCs have sufficient parking for all the cars waiting pickup as they are batch delivered in large numbers, bnot trickle fed all the time

Similarly I was offered pick up from Manchester or Newcastle, not Leeds SC which is closer. I don't think the SCs have sufficient parking for all the cars waiting pickup as they are batch delivered in large numbers, bnot trickle fed all the time
I was offered the very same pick-up point as you, Chose Manchester but having spoken to Palinder (head guy at Leeds SC) he said I could have the car delivered to my home free of charge at no extra cost. I chose not to because I have my current car to take in so it seemed pointless.

I was offered the very same pick-up point as you, Chose Manchester but having spoken to Palinder (head guy at Leeds SC) he said I could have the car delivered to my home free of charge at no extra cost. I chose not to because I have my current car to take in so it seemed pointless.
I did not know delivery was an option. I would possibly prefer that to getting over to Newcastle. Can it be requested at any time?

I called Tesla today. told the system says 'not available' and the guy then went on to tell me that this is due to the shanghai lockdown (I was aware but let him continue) and that it will be at least 6Wks from leaving China with no foreseeable date at this time.

My colleague called (Has the same car on order as me) and was told they are not producing cars in shanghai.. and it could be June/July/August of even September...

The bottom line is they don't know and don't have a consistent response

Reactions: Sunderland boy
I called Tesla today. told the system says 'not available' and the guy then went on to tell me that this is due to the shanghai lockdown (I was aware but let him continue) and that it will be at least 6Wks from leaving China with no foreseeable date at this time.

My colleague called (Has the same car on order as me) and was told they are not producing cars in shanghai.. and it could be June/July/August of even September...

The bottom line is they don't know and don't have a consistent response
When I asked why my early March delivery has moved to august-September they too said it was due to Shanghai covid situation and they have no further information on expected deliveries from there.

Not sure how they are supplying June and narrowed dates however.

I’m very much hoping mine will revise back to June.

Reactions: steven2021
Power of Attorney. Has anyone had the experience of having a friend/ family member pick up your Tesla for you with a PoA in the UK? Mine should be happening in Southampton I think. Thank you.

Not sure if this has been answered already as I'm catching up on 100+ posts since picking up my MY in Feb to see if there is any new info.

I did (and many others). It's not a big deal - no PoA needed !
Email the delivery team with both driving licences giving your permission and all is good for the other person to collect on your behalf. I took a copy of their email confirmation reply with me but didn't need it, I guess it was already in their system.

Also, the other person asking about Tesla providing private plates; Tesla definitely said no, when I asked this. You have to wait for the V5C to be received by post (a day or so after delivery), then you can assigng the new private plate onto the car via DVLA online which is pretty fast, instant, if I remember correctly,
First get the new plates made up (they will likely ask for your plate retention form), then assign it online, then put new plates on the car and tell your insurance company. (Admiral, you can do that online for £5). If you search back in the thread, you'll see a bit of chat about this (Somewhere from Feb 15th onwards).

Cheers. (...17 pages to go until full catch up)

Not sure if this has been answered already as I'm catching up on 100+ posts since picking up my MY in Feb to see if there is any new info.

I did (and many others). It's not a big deal - no PoA needed !
Email the delivery team with both driving licences giving your permission and all is good for the other person to collect on your behalf. I took a copy of their email confirmation reply with me but didn't need it, I guess it was already in their system.

Also, the other person asking about Tesla providing private plates; Tesla definitely said no, when I asked this. You have to wait for the V5C to be received by post (a day or so after delivery), then you can assigng the new private plate onto the car via DVLA online which is pretty fast, instant, if I remember correctly,
First get the new plates made up (they will likely ask for your plate retention form), then assign it online, then put new plates on the car and tell your insurance company. (Admiral, you can do that online for £5). If you search back in the thread, you'll see a bit of chat about this (Somewhere from Feb 15th onwards).

Cheers. (...17 pages to go until full catch up)
I trust you have had a great experience with your Y.

Did you have any paint treatments; ceramic and/or PPF? If the latter, where Admiral OK with it?
Thank you.