Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm white/white with 20 and have changed today to Jun 25-30 as well. NEC collection.

In the last week or so I've narrowed as follows

Jun 04-30
Jun 20-30
Jun 23-30
Jun 25-30

In normal circumstances you would expect the narrowing of dates to be due to an increased level of certainty, but in these times who knows. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and find it says August.
Haha.. I have one better... mine is Jun 26-30 now...

Reactions: garreth64
I'm white/white with 20 and have changed today to Jun 25-30 as well. NEC collection.

In the last week or so I've narrowed as follows

Jun 04-30
Jun 20-30
Jun 23-30
Jun 25-30

In normal circumstances you would expect the narrowing of dates to be due to an increased level of certainty, but in these times who knows. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and find it says August.
I've also just noticed for the first time ever my EDD is appearing in the app. Not sure if this has any significance but has never show before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-195802__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-195802__01.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 59
My expectation would be:

You will be assigned a VIN (usually about when the boat reaches Suez). Only thing that will then prevent you getting a car is some sort of upcock, or the car being damaged in transit / failing PDI. So being asked to, and making, payment is basically not going to then be pushed back. But don't hold me to it!

payment window-tod-delivery is about 7 days if all goes well. I've paid at 15:00 day before collection (repeated errors on invoice) for collection at 09:00 following morning ... (ask about how to make sure they have your payment before you set off for collection! if that happens to you)

... if you are paying cash then your bank may limit how much you can transfer each day, so may take several days to pay it all

"very similar spec" is not the same. Could be in completely different build batches.

Unusual for prioritisation for identical spec to not favour first-come-first-served. However if someone after you has included FSD and you haven't then that is not "identical spec". I'm not aware that Tesla is allowing that sort of queue jumping to occur in UK, but adding FSD to order has been a means of queue-jumping in USA.

When Model-3 first arrived in UK I got one of the early ones. I had no "day-one reservation" or anything like that. I just placed an order when the order book opened. I'm a long standing customer, so if I assume that had some influence then "anything like that" might cause "allocation" and thus queue jumping.

Cars are not made-to-order, they are made in batches and then allocated to orders. So all thoughts of "I don't understand why X is in front of me" have no bearing, although generally speaking "100% Identical spec" will be in reservation number order. If you change your order from White to Red then you will lose your place in the queue (but you may get an earlier slot, if there are unallocated red cars that can be matched with your order).

Nope! A deferred collection will free up a car for re-allocation, so there's an extra curricular activity you could indulge in :)

I have no idea how that is prioritised, but fairly sure that is a manual process "Phone up and see if Customer is in a position to collect". If that's the case clearly they won't want to phone very many people to get a "yes", so maybe "Cash" beats "Finance" and "trade in/Not" carries weight too. Or maybe they just stick it in Inventory and then whoever is fastest-finger-first gets it.

recky
I would doubt 100% cash beats finance. Due to the extra margin they make with finance.

I would imagine Tesla dream situation would be 50% cash + 50% Tesla loan @ the current 4.9% apr.

Cashflow and extra £5-6k Interest

Its more of a Company/factory/city/port/country of uncertainty. the sea seams to be the most predictable part of the entire process!
I was using the sea as a metaphor for the whole process:) can't imagine why I am waxing lyrical when I am so peed off with my "DEAD END" : Don't Expect Any Date Expect No Date

Then again, there is much worse and really important Sh1t happening out there.

Now then....... where is the dictionary? I need a definition of "just" as in "It's JUST a car darling"

I would doubt 100% cash beats finance. Due to the extra margin they make with finance.

I would imagine Tesla dream situation would be 50% cash + 50% Tesla loan @ the current 4.9% apr.

Cashflow and extra £5-6k Interest
Actually, 50% Cash +50% Tesla PCP would my dream situation. On a 3 year PCP deal, 30% is the highest possible deposit.
I shopped around but decided to keep all Tesla; finance and wall point...oh yes! and the car!

I am concerned that the delayed EDD might lead to increased finance rates. I believe the term would be double whammy.

Reactions: Itidiot
Actually, 50% Cash +50% Tesla PCP would my dream situation. On a 3 year PCP deal, 30% is the highest possible deposit.
I shopped around but decided to keep all Tesla; finance and wall point...oh yes! and the car!

I am concerned that the delayed EDD might lead to increased finance rates. I believe the term would be double whammy.
If we've already accepted the Tesla Loan terms on the account page, can they change the rates if its their own fault they are delaying? Or do you mean if people haven't accepted the finance route yet. I'm locked in at 3.9%...

If we've already accepted the Tesla Loan terms on the account page, can they change the rates if its their own fault they are delaying? Or do you mean if people haven't accepted the finance route yet. I'm locked in at 3.9%...
You’ve accepted but the contract hasn’t started yet because…we’ll you don’t have the car and haven’t started to make payments.
I believe the finance offer is only valid for 4 months, after which you have to reapply and reaccept. So I guess if/when it happens they *could* technically have you reapply for an offer under less favourable terms.

Would not be great customer care for sure, but would they be within their right, possibly….

My delivery/pickup location has changed from Bluewater to Staines. I tried searching for any Tesla related establishments in the area but can’t find any.

Anyone else has car delivered there?

Pickup location

Staines-upon-Thames
The Causeway
Staines, England TW18 3AU
United Kingdom

I'm thinking there is a blue paint shortage as well - that's a pretty similar push back to my Feb order - pushed to 6th Aug to 15th Sept a couple of days back - don't think we'll be the only two either!

I hope its not a blue paint shortage. The EDD for my Blue MY is hanging on with its fingernails to June 18-30 and has done for a couple of weeks now.

Reactions: Toblerone