Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were going away the following day and i was advised of the march delivery date a few days before. Wasn't in that much of a rush at the time so was happy to wait as my original estimate when i ordered was June
Broadly similar to my refusal in March, I was unluckily in the US on business and the collection dates were immovable.

Reactions: GoTLSAGo
FYI Tesla have told me the reg numbers and VINS are '90% accurate but there's a small chance of this changing'.

Anyone signing up for insurance now should be aware of this although i assume if your reg does change on pickup, a quick call to the insurance company with the updated reg (but still exactly the same car) shouldn't cause too many issues

Last edited:
Reactions: orangespoon
FYI Tesla have told me the reg numbers and VINS are '90% accurate but there's a small change of this changing'.

Anyone signing up for insurance now should be aware of this although i assume if your reg does change on pickup, a quick call to the insurance company with the updated reg (but still exactly the same car) shouldn't cause too many issues
happened to me and yes I called the insurance company while sat in the delivery centre and sorted it out. no charge.

I did ask Tesla if this would bring forward delivery but was told it wouldnt change delivery and may even delay it (assume all the earlier Southampton slots are taken). Worth asking them Tesla what they can do...
Thanks for this. Confirms what Tesla told me. The person I was speaking to had to keep running off to talk to someone else so didn’t fill me with confidence but I won’t push it.
Like you I was hoping I could bring it forward..... and maybe take out a step that could go wrong 🤔

Both LHD and RHD can be made at the same time all mixed in together. Same for different colours. Assuming the production line was designed post 1950. 😂
just bare in mind it’s not just about LHD/RHD. There will be type approval for different countries / territories that will vary across RHD / LHD versions. I would guess its more software orientated for Tesla, but this is certainly the case for mainstream cars. As an example, a friend of mine works at the Mini factory in Oxford that manages all the type approval for territories the Mini is sold in globally. He heads a large team…

My EDD just moved back ☹️

Attachments

• 6F774AA0-935D-4E8D-ACB3-6FB03D9E7D48.jpeg
    6F774AA0-935D-4E8D-ACB3-6FB03D9E7D48.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 74