Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also just moved from 'May'

Not happy..

B2EC981E-2A32-42B4-AEEA-A3D0614E68B3.jpeg

Come on guys, get some perspective in all of this...

The Chinese have had an horrendous lockdown, have been sleeping on the factory floor just to build our cars and there's something called a war in Ukraine...

Elon has nothing to do with either of those things🤷‍♂️

Forget your "dealer promises" and the "expectations" this has not been a NORMAL 6 months due to either of the above and the whole world as a consequence is feeling the effect.

Folk have been banging on about more certainty, so this may be it? But still it's not good enough for some. Tesla can't seem to win either way they play it. God help Emma today😂😂

Good things come to those who wait, sadly.

FWIW my wife's EDD also dropped back to August-September but it still beats the EDD of the original i4 we ordered which was quivering on Q1 (possibly) 2023 the last time we were informed. No guarantee on that date either!

Hi all, ordered a MY on April 7th, just got an EDD of August 29th - October 13th.

Was told June, sulking now, think I might ditch it.
Not too bad for an April order. Me: 2 March.
EDDs: May/June. June/ July. Aug/ September. Back to July a week ago,when we cancelled the holiday.
Now This afternoon I checked and was greeted with : Aug 29 to October 13th.

Now then.... a note to self.... you have been through worse than this and kept yourself the right side ..... of a breakdown. You can do this; it's only a CAR!

Reactions: Daedalus
Have all ALD Bus Leases been pushed back to Sept-Nov?
Mine has
Estimated Delivery: September 19 - November 03

Crazy range. Crazy delay actually. Knowing that they have ramped up right at the point of EU/UK cutoff for q2 delivery and are seemingly continuing to pursue the end of quarter rush for export.

They could do something about it and will likely produce 100k cars for local markets whilst we wait, now all our orders are added to the back of the ramp up queue, having only received 4k cars into UK for the entire q2.

Reactions: CheshireCheese
Come on guys, get some perspective in all of this...

The Chinese have had an horrendous lockdown, have been sleeping on the factory floor just to build our cars and there's something called a war in Ukraine...

Elon has nothing to do with either of those things🤷‍♂️

Forget your "dealer promises" and the "expectations" this has not been a NORMAL 6 months due to either of the above and the whole world as a consequence is feeling the effect.

Folk have been banging on about more certainty, so this may be it? But still it's not good enough for some. Tesla can't seem to win either way they play it. God help Emma today😂😂

Good things come to those who wait, sadly.

FWIW my wife's EDD also dropped back to August-September but it still beats the EDD of the original i4 we ordered which was quivering on Q1 (possibly) 2023 the last time we were informed. No guarantee on that date either!
Come on. This is not today’s news. As a matter of fact, Shanghai GF has supposedly reopened and went back into full production today. Therefore the EDD update should have been done months ago instead of keeping people in the dark with dates in June/July that Tesla knew to have zero chances of happening. They should have handled customer communication better and earlier.

And of course, I sympathise with Chinese workers, but I believe this is a pending orders thread in a Tesla forum, not a humanitarian welfare one... so forgive us for ranting a bit about our cars too… lecturing us about Ukraine or lockdown conditions every time someone expresses a bit of their frustration doesn’t do anything.