Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on. This is not today’s news. As a matter of fact, Shanghai GF has supposedly reopened and went back into full production today. Therefore the EDD update should have been done months ago instead of keeping people in the dark with dates in June/July that Tesla knew to have zero chances of happening. They should have handled customer communication better and earlier.

And of course, I sympathise with Chinese workers, but I believe this is a pending orders thread in a Tesla forum, not a humanitarian welfare one... so forgive us for ranting a bit about our cars too… lecturing us about Ukraine or lockdown conditions every time someone expresses a bit of their frustration doesn’t do anything.
Perfectly summed up.

Reactions: beasty54 and ME_UK
Shanghai back to pre-Covid production but I would agree with China running a massive stimulus package giving folk incentives to trade in their ice for EV's this (sadly for us) is likely destined for the local market..

I hope I'm wrong and it's a case of beating worst case expectations.. all the same having ordered in Feb I was expecting latest end June delivery..

Update from Lease via Tesla;

Attachments

• Tesla.png
    Tesla.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 49
After all these EDD changes, not sure if there is any sense to find sense in the EDD.

....Yet here I am wondering why these EDDs are spread over Q3-Q4. 😲
Given the background of quarter end deliveries, I would have expected all to stay within a defined quarter and not stretching over 2 quarters

After all these EDD changes, not sure if there is any sense to find sense in the EDD.

Given the background of quarter end deliveries, I would have expected all to stay within a defined quarter and not stretching over 2 quarters
Orders are pushed out much further than production was actually delayed

Good grief.

November - January 2023?

I'm really disappointed. I know there have been production problems, but clearly I'm now in Q4, not even in Q3.

I was told September, then June, then September. Now this.

View attachment 811409
That is crazy, especially when the custom order page is still showing as Aug-Oct2022 for that same spec! Hopefully it's just an initial placeholder and will come back in soon for you 👍

Reactions: MattM76

There must be a huge backlog and nowhere near enough cars planned for production to cover them. Or logistically, they are just pushing us back so Berlin can fulfil order MY orders.

That is crazy, especially when the custom order page is still showing as Aug-Oct2022 for that same spec! Hopefully it's just an initial placeholder and will come back in soon for you 👍
I just liked one of Elon's tweets too! I'm taking that back right now. :p

I'm obviously disappointed because it feels like the finishing line keeps getting further away. If it's truly Jan 2023, then it'll be nearly 9 months from date of order which is really frustrating but also still faster than most other EV manufactures.

Gah. I think I'll look around for another short term lease. My EV charger is being installed in a few weeks and will be sitting there alone for months.

Reactions: Real Reado
Mine as well. how are we getting October dates? that is the first month of Q4 when there should be no deliveries?
How has a 3 week shutdown translated into a 4-5 month delay?
I think we can forget everything we know about delivery pattens and quarter ends. We are living through strange times which are exacerbating our slide back down the greasy pole of national prosperity since the blond clown persuaded a small majority of the British people that BREXIT was a good idea.
Sorry all; not the place for political comment.:rolleyes:

I think what adds to the frustration is that you see people on here getting assigned vehicles when they ordered after you. When I ordered some people ordered after me and got their car in March. Perhaps without forums such as these we'd be more accepting ;)

Reactions: MattM76