Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear about all of the EDD push backs.
For those with Zen wondering why their car wasn’t being delivered - I just had confirmation from Zen that it will be followed up with a text confirmation.
They’re a decent bunch after all 😬

A302D4C7-6D2E-414B-AB26-8FEA41D2A9B6.jpeg

If your EDD is just a month with no specific dates attached to it then it quite literally doesn't mean anything. It's just a placeholder while they wait for more data from factories. It's literally the same thing as not having an EDD
I’ve already been told by them (as I think have others I’ve seen on here post), that the changed to just ‘May’ was a system error, and should never have been there. I had a it a few times between flicking back and forth to June dates, then August-September more recently.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all of the EDD push backs.
For those with Zen wondering why their car wasn’t being delivered - I just had confirmation from Zen that it will be followed up with a text confirmation.
They’re a decent bunch after all 😬

View attachment 811423
I had a text from Tesla on my Zen order saying it was due to be collected by me then today had another text from Tesla saying it will actually be delivered to me on the same day as I was due to collect... I'm not fussed as long as I get it on that day 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: ST79 and kingkongy
I had a text from Tesla on my Zen order saying it was due to be collected by me then today had another text from Tesla saying it will actually be delivered to me on the same day as I was due to collect... I'm not fussed as long as I get it on that day 🤣
I have this mental "to me, to you" image I can't unsee now....

• Funny
Reactions: Bristolnate
I just liked one of Elon's tweets too! I'm taking that back right now. :p

I'm obviously disappointed because it feels like the finishing line keeps getting further away. If it's truly Jan 2023, then it'll be nearly 9 months from date of order which is really frustrating but also still faster than most other EV manufactures.

Gah. I think I'll look around for another short term lease. My EV charger is being installed in a few weeks and will be sitting there alone for months.
I rushed to get my home charger installed by end of OZEV grant period and got it fitted the day before. It’s been switched off at the mains, getting weather worn and it looks like I won’t be using it for quite some time still! The annoying thing is that I won’t get to benefit from my two year energy fix that ends in October!

Reactions: MattM76
Just received a proforma / generic email from Octopus saying we are likely delayed to August “if we have not received a date from Tesla”.

Gotta say - for the good communication upfront - sending out a generic update like this so late (I have been chasing a week) is poor form.

If you're measuring in days, you're still better off than Kia/Hyundai (weeks) or VAG (quarters)🤣
You're right of course, but can we please stop the you are better off comparison thing. I am not interested in comparing Apples for Pears, because I simply don't like Pears. I am (probably like others) just feeling a bit rubbish about my Apple tasting a bit sour at the moment. But hey will get over it pretty quickly I am sure :)

Last edited:
Strangely, according to Zenith, my car is still due July (I expect this to be moved at the last minute). Also annoyingly I have seen exactly the same spec, ordered a week after mine has an allocated VIN and expected June 🤔 I just think it's all a crazy guessing game, with absolutely no logic applied by the "algorithm", if there even is one, think magic 8 ball 😀