Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures or it never happened 😜
;) She was singing to me. 🤣

1654779914587.png

Guys! Be nice!🤣

Actually, this begs a question: I have read of members having their new Tesla delivered. Are the driven and trucked to the owners'?

If the former.....

I'm starting to see the shortcomings of the Tesla order experience, it seems slick at first but

"......it seems slick at first ". When was that?

Sorry about the typos! Should read "driven or trucked":rolleyes:

Funny enough, just finished a live chat with tesla regarding this. Home Delivery is done via a transporter, not driven delivery.
Thank goodness. With a transporter, what could go wrong🙃

don't suppose anyone wants to cancel a Red Model Y with 20" to help me out? Preferably Southampton pickup 🤣
In a heart beat but I could not impose a trip to Bluewater on you;)

Now then.... I should enjoy this "cock-of-the-walk" experience while it lasts; I'm expecting my EDD to revert to Christmas soon......but until then ...
......."We are the champions, we are the champions........":cool:

Unhappy bear today as not only did my EDD move out from June to Sept-Oct a couple of weeks ago, the original trade-in for my Model 3 (£43,400) expired and I received the new offer just now - £40,500. Despite it only doing an additional 600 miles between valuations. So, I now need to find another £2,900 to buy the Model Y that is arriving (possibly) 3 months later than anticipated. Or not. I'm genuinely undecided.

Unhappy bear today as not only did my EDD move out from June to Sept-Oct a couple of weeks ago, the original trade-in for my Model 3 (£43,400) expired and I received the new offer just now - £40,500. Despite it only doing an additional 600 miles between valuations. So, I now need to find another £2,900 to buy the Model Y that is arriving (possibly) 3 months later than anticipated. Or not. I'm genuinely undecided.
Try webuyanycar - seriously, they are offering me more than Tesla right now, and I'm expecting my offer to expire....

Try webuyanycar - seriously, they are offering me more than Tesla right now, and I'm expecting my offer to expire....
I sold my previous Audi A8L to WeBuyAnyCar and trust me they are looking for the tinyest blemish or scratch so they can reduce their quote.

I won't be rushing back to them in a hurry as the online quote they give you is meaningless in my experience.

After all of the above I thought I'd do another check on the source code to see if I had a VIN assigned. It's sadly now part of my daily routine :rolleyes:

In yet another twist, I was extremely surprised to see that I do now have a VIN! This was NOT the case yesterday. My EDD is still showing as Sept-Oct and I haven't yet accepted the trade-in offer. Maybe I should :oops:

Can I accept the trade in offer and then sell the car privately if I get a better offer before the trade-in happens?

Reactions: Darreno and Pajo78
The missing EDD come back after two days AWOL.

Now going to September 4th - Oct 19th.

Stepping up the fight for the £18k refund for the incorrect payment they requested. Tweeted Elon directly and Tesla with regards to the poor service from Tesla UK on the refund front

Reactions: Toblerone
Based on seemingly being assigned a VIN this afternoon, I've accepted the reduced trade-in offer. I can, I believe, opt to sell privately anyway and just cancel the trade in any time before delivery - assuming my EDD moves back into Q2. Fingers crossed it does, as far as I know the VIN only gets assigned when the car is on a ship heading in our direction, so hoping I may have got lucky.

I'd like to say our incoming REDs but, after last night's excitement, I do not seem to have a VIN yet......I continue to live in hope...

...and serenity:mad: NOT!

No really:)I'm fine.......

Now then...dog walking time and a few victory salutes to the local MSMs and Black Ys. Which way round does the hand go?
I have a Red/Black/20" Induction on order & yesterday it changed to 22-30 June but I don't actually want it yet and will defer if/when Tesla text me so someone else will get bumped forward.