Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Barron's today: "Tesla Shanghai plant produced 33,544 cars in May, about half its usual output.........about 3x the 10,757 vehicles the factory produced in April....... The electric-vehicle maker sold 32,165 China-made cars in May, up from 1,512 in April". Gives a hint as to why EDDs are all over the place.

Unhappy bear today as not only did my EDD move out from June to Sept-Oct a couple of weeks ago, the original trade-in for my Model 3 (£43,400) expired and I received the new offer littlrrjust now - £40,500. Despite it only doing an additional 600 miles between valuations. So, I now need to find another £2,900 to buy the Model Y that is arriving (possibly) 3 months later than anticipated. Or not. I'm genuinely undecided.
Give it a little longer. No other firms are doing any better. Imagine in 6 months time you decide a Tesla is a must and the be faced with the same EDD circus plus price hikes. Also, your EDD could change, for the better, any day.

Now then.... the Tesla Cult Ts&Cs.......
... Acolytes must endure a period of penance through EDD purgatory to atone for their ICE sins before they embrace their world beating ride.

Interbear that in mind mate😀

Going back to ride quality, noise etc, I had another test drive today of a Y on 19s to compare it to my 2020 3LR on 18s. Personally I noticed very little difference. I would actually say that the Y handled potholes, cats eyes etc better - more of a thump than a clang! The doors are noticeably heavier than the 3 and sound more solid when they close. But there is definitely more noise coming from the rear of the car and that can only be due to the lack of luggage cover - cheapskates.

I‘m due to collect mine in a fortnight but am hoping to get a test drive of a Genesis GV60 beforehand so I know whether to go ahead with the purchase or not.

Going back to ride quality, noise etc, I had another test drive today of a Y on 19s to compare it to my 2020 3LR on 18s. Personally I noticed very little difference. I would actually say that the Y handled potholes, cats eyes etc better - more of a thump than a clang! The doors are noticeably heavier than the 3 and sound more solid when they close. But there is definitely more noise coming from the rear of the car and that can only be due to the lack of luggage cover - cheapskates.

I‘m due to collect mine in a fortnight but am hoping to get a test drive of a Genesis GV60 beforehand so I know whether to go ahead with the purchase or not.

If you don’t, I will have your RN off you, would sort you out a drink ;)

Reactions: Toblerone
Give it a little longer. No other firms are doing any better. Imagine in 6 months time you decide a Tesla is a must and the be faced with the same EDD circus plus price hikes. Also, your EDD could change, for the better, any day.

Now then.... the Tesla Cult Ts&Cs.......
... Acolytes must endure a period of penance through EDD purgatory to atone for their ICE sins before they embrace their world beating ride.

Interbear that in mind mate😀

I did give it longer. Well, today. Revised trade in offer this morning….boooo. VIN in source code this afternoon….yaaay, I think. Now waiting for EDD to move earlier, I’ll be checking that every day now. I’m still on board the Tesla rollercoaster. It’s even more frantic than when I bought my Model 3 in 2019! Now I need to find £2,900 to plug the trade in gap.

Got in touch with TA yesterday, and they couldn't give an EDD but based on profile suggested Oct - Dec 22 (Octopus still claiming Sept 30th based on 11th May order: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19" / standard AP).

Does the no EDD mean anything? Does the fact I'm in Glasgow screw me up based on delivery location?

There are a lot of cancellations, just as Mr M predicted. Wonder why there are so many passing up on a fulfilled order? Lease CO’s over ordering? Cost of living crisis? And all offset by petrol and diesel at over £2/l? I’m glad of the timing of my ICE to electric switch, just wish I could capitalise on an Octopus 🐙 tariff!

Got my registration - it ends with VDA (it’s black with black interior and I’m a Star Wars fan). Think I’ve got the name for the car sorted.

There are a lot of cancellations, just as Mr M predicted. Wonder why there are so many passing up on a fulfilled order? Lease CO’s over ordering? Cost of living crisis? And all offset by petrol and diesel at over £2/l? I’m glad of the timing of my ICE to electric switch, just wish I could capitalise on an Octopus 🐙 tariff!

Got my registration - it ends with VDA (it’s black with black interior and I’m a Star Wars fan). Think I’ve got the name for the car sorted.

Presumably you ordered Gemini's because only a Sith deals in absolutes ?

I did give it longer. Well, today. Revised trade in offer this morning….boooo. VIN in source code this afternoon….yaaay, I think. Now waiting for EDD to move earlier, I’ll be checking that every day now. I’m still on board the Tesla rollercoaster. It’s even more frantic than when I bought my Model 3 in 2019! Now I need to find £2,900 to plug the trade in gap.
Congrats on the VIN.

Reactions: interbear

When and where are you collecting?

Just as an fyi, when I had my model 3, the vin of the 3 was showing using the api link not the Ys.

Sucks how you now need to find 3k while having to also wait through no fault of your own.

Reactions: Wattsisname