Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain...

Showed it to SWMBO and was told "Can we get those wheels?" :(

Probably not as any change in the order would readjust the APR... right?
The matt black after market covers shown above for 19" Gems should hit the spot. If SWMBO wants them shiny and they are not available, you could have matt ones powder coated in gloss black and still be financially way ahead without having delayed the collection by God alone knows how long ,
in these troubled times.

Do not doubt my friend, I saw this yesterday in Covent Garden, it looked phenomenal! (If this was anyones car on here, sorry for hanging around it longer than I should’ve 😅)

View attachment 815740
P.S. I also love it because: Covent Garden! No Congestion Charge or ULEZ Charge and that saves about £27 for a couple of glasses and the parking meter. What's not to love.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
The matt black after market covers shown above for 19" Gems should hit the spot. If SWMBO wants them shiny and they are not available, you could have matt ones powder coated in gloss black and still be financially way ahead without having delayed the collection by God alone know how long in these troubled times.
Exactly what I came back with ;)

Either the turbine replicas or the wheel covers that match the alloy (best seen in this video)

Didn't I read on here about having to apply for the ULEZ charge? Not sure if it's automatic, takes around a month and costs £10
I opened a Transport for London account in minutes. It does not cost £10 per se....

You agree to the £10 fee but this is not charged to your card until you contravene either or both of the money grabbing mayor's money spinning cons*. It then goes towards payment. So, it is not really a membership fee.

This account approach is actually very useful because you will never suffer an additional penalty for forgetting to pay the fine (it's fine for mayor ):mad:
It is automatically deducted and they send you a congratulatory email.

Now then.....SWMBO thinks I ought to confess my own "elevated male chicken" situation... So, two days after setting up the account, I strayed a few feet into the ULEZ. I knew nothing about it until I received the email - off went my tenner plus the fine's balance from my card. 🥲

The positive spin is that without the account,I would have received a hefty one with 28 days to pay.

*This approach may work for industry, but seems an immoral method when applied to Joe Citizen. If my car pollutes above the current acceptable level, then ban me from the protected areas don't allow me to pollute for £12.50 a day. Give me a grant to buy a Tesla😇

Now then (again) SWMBO says would I please get off my soapbox and start preparing our early pre F1 Highlights tea.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingpopsy
Correct for the congestion charge exemption. I applied last year and provided all the details for my Model 3. My application was rejected. No reason given. I haven’t bothered since. No idea why this happened.
Really! I and I was so looking forward to swanning around the Congestion Zone. I even thought the Bus Lanes could be entered if I bought a red Y!

I need to look into this ...sounds outrageous!

Really! I and I was so looking forward to swanning around the Congestion Zone. I even thought the Bus Lanes could be entered if I bought a red Y!

I need to look into this ...sounds outrageous!
From the RAC :
The good news for EV drivers is that battery electric cars – and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles – are exempt from the London Congestion Charge via the Cleaner Vehicle Discount.

So, if you have been paying the charge on your M3, you have a claim again Transport for London:mad:

And so the EDD ping pong begins!

Screenshot_2022-06-12-17-48-23-20_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg

It was Sept 3 to Oct 18. But I was expecting it to be December anyway after chatting to the TA when I went for a test drive. I suppose its time to buckle up and enjoy the ride...

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
From the RAC :
The good news for EV drivers is that battery electric cars – and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles – are exempt from the London Congestion Charge via the Cleaner Vehicle Discount.

So, if you have been paying the charge on your M3, you have a claim again Transport for London:mad:
I'm fairly certain you need to apply for and obtain the CVD (cleaner vehicle discount), which requires a £10 application fee and submission of some documentation. And it must be renewed annually for another £10.

CC Info

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete UK and gaol
And so the EDD ping pong begins!

View attachment 815831

It was Sept 3 to Oct 18. But I was expecting it to be December anyway after chatting to the TA when I went for a test drive. I suppose its time to buckle up and enjoy the ride...
Congratulations.! Welcome to the asylum (in the vey best sense of the word). A calm haven where like minded folk can share anecdotes. You will remember your time here, just as I do, as an idyll; an escape from the world's dark valleys of despond to the sun-lit uplands of Tesladom.
Where you will, in common with your fellow acolytes, concentrate your emotions and your focus upon things that really matter like.....
...."WHERE'S MY FU..KING CAR?".

Yes! Enjoy the ride.

Last edited: