Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.. just had some shady behaviour from either Octopus or Tesla...

They just called to offer a car in June (Hooray!!) - however the lease would require re-calculation as this would be £1,000 more due to the price increase.

I'd mentioned that I'd ordered prior to the price increase and this should not impact my order. Their reply - Tesla's stipulation is that this order must be at the "current prices".

So essentially - being loyal (this is my 2nd Tesla) and ordering early seems to bump us *down* the list, in favour of Tesla's profit.

This is the first confirmed case I've seen on this happening - and right now I'm pushing back out of principle. Very shady.
I think this is the lease company taking the mickey. One of the reasons why I am hesitant to transfer my personal order to lease through salary sacrifice. Tesla will not change the price once you have put down the deposit. Would be very interested to hear how you progress. The catch is that the lease company would have made you responsible for price increases even though they do not have to pay the increase to Tesla

Reactions: over_the_reef
  • I got a confirmed date of 23-30th June so asked to defer to a later quarter (Y LR Red/Black/Inductions).
  • Various texts to & fro with Tesla and Q4 was agreed on Saturday.
  • Since then I have received two more texts (replied each time referring to previous correspondence) and an email a few minutes ago, all three asking me to schedule the exact day in June I want collection... doh.
I only ordered the damn thing in April but have since discovered that my American Daughter is having identical twins so we will be going back for several months to help out.

They really are the most infuriating company but I'm staying because the cars themselves are so good.

I think this is the lease company taking the mickey. One of the reasons why I am hesitant to transfer my personal order to lease through salary sacrifice. Tesla will not change the price once you have put down the deposit. Would be very interested to hear how you progress. The catch is that the lease company would have made you responsible for price increases even though they do not have to pay the increase to Tesla
They've confirmed if I wait.. I pay the original price. Either way one of these brands is being shady.

They've confirmed if I wait.. I pay the original price. Either way one of these brands is being shady.
Thanks. Agree that someone is being shady. I somehow doubt it is Tesla though. Too much reputational risk. I think one of Octopus’ customers cancelled and they are trying to sell the car, whilst profiting from the price increase. They know someone will bite. As far as Tesla is concerned, it is Octopus’ order.

• Helpful
Reactions: suresh.thomas@
Reactions: Utumno
  • I got a confirmed date of 23-30th June so asked to defer to a later quarter (Y LR Red/Black/Inductions).
  • Various texts to & fro with Tesla and Q4 was agreed on Saturday.
  • Since then I have received two more texts (replied each time referring to previous correspondence) and an email a few minutes ago, all three asking me to schedule the exact day in June I want collection... doh.
I only ordered the damn thing in April but have since discovered that my American Daughter is having identical twins so we will be going back for several months to help out.

They really are the most infuriating company but I'm staying because the cars themselves are so good.
Hope all goes well for you.

April order, June collection - that’s really quick given the circumstances - I guess it could be the spec…

Yep - so in theory this is an order from the last 2 weeks...

Very very shady if they're allocating that many recent orders ahead of orders from 2 months ago...
Hi Buzbe
To clarify, I think it is an old order of an Octopus customer, where the customer is not taking delivery. Octopus is now trying to reallocate it to another customer and pocket the £1000 price rise

Reactions: Spacerat
Ok.. just had some shady behaviour from either Octopus or Tesla...

They just called to offer a car in June (Hooray!!) - however the lease would require re-calculation as this would be £1,000 more due to the price increase.

I'd mentioned that I'd ordered prior to the price increase and this should not impact my order. Their reply - Tesla's stipulation is that this order must be at the "current prices".

So essentially - being loyal (this is my 2nd Tesla) and ordering early seems to bump us *down* the list, in favour of Tesla's profit.

This is the first confirmed case I've seen on this happening - and right now I'm pushing back out of principle. Very shady.
Octopus have had a cancellation but instead of cancelling with Tesla and putting the car back into circulation for matching with Tesla again they are shopping that matched vehicle to Octopus customers who haven’t yet been matched.

Of course Tesla won’t have any of that, and Octopus won’t be willing to swallow the price difference.

Happens all the time this, but is only apparent because you paid less than the person who cancelled.

Buzbe,
If the spec is matching what you want, then it may be worth you accepting the offer, as someone else may not be so principled and will take the car. The monthly payment difference will be marginal, but you will get the car at least 3 months earlier than the rest of us.
All the best with the decision making. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Wattsisname