Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ShaunMYLR you got more out of Feroz than I did today - other than I've been quoting the wrong RN (originally given to me by the lovely Emma) and getting the same "We'll give you an update when we know" response to that incorrect RN... sigh.

Apparently they're trying to get lease orders (mine's through Lex) updated asap.

Time to stop worrying and just get excited when the message eventually comes through!

@ShaunMYLR you got more out of Feroz than I did today - other than I've been quoting the wrong RN (originally given to me by the lovely Emma) and getting the same "We'll give you an update when we know" response to that incorrect RN... sigh.

Apparently they're trying to get lease orders (mine's through Lex) updated asap.

Time to stop worrying and just get excited when the message eventually comes through!
The roller coaster continues!

Je suis dans le meme bateau! (time to start practising for the road trip- only it will be le train sous la mer - J'espere! My MY has spent enough time on boats. Sorry about the accents or lack of)

Anyway....
........I received an SMS this morning requesting that I go to my account to see my invoice and payment details. No mention of Reg.
So, I swung past my account to find, or rather not find, this information. Maybe they send the SMS out before they broadcast the data.
I'll leave it until tomorrow, if nothing appears then I'll contact them again

I have a trade in did not seem to help me . If anything I think that may hurt. they would rather cash buyers probably they seem to have quite a bit of used inventory.
I'm not convinced it makes any difference. My experience was opposite to you, I had a trade in originally but also had an end of June delivery edd. I sold the car privately and removed the trade-in (to facilitate the end of june edd) and at the time the edd remained the same. I now have the Aug - Oct edd and no trade so no idea how they work tbh.

Can you call Octopus and say you are ready to accept the revised offer (if you want to that is)?
I would go for it and I am quite a principled person. Sometimes one has to care for the face and the nose; in this case, nobody misses out but you and you do not hurt the perpetrator of what you view as a ripoff.
However, it's your business entirely.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Things progressing positively here.
  • So far: Ordered March 16, EDD was end June, then Sept/Oct. Trade in expired :(
  • Last week: New trade in offer, £2.9k lower than the original :confused: But I got a VIN in the source code & a text to pick up 29th June :)
  • Today: Model 3 sold via Motorway for £2.7k more than the trade-in :) Called Tesla to remove the trade-in. They did straight away which also kicked off the final invoice in my account and a text confirming VIN and Registration Plate. Hoorah! :)
Fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly for the next few weeks, especially on the shipping front.

I ordered a Model Y MSM / Black / Inductions in early Feb and hadn't received any updates from Tesla or Zenith (who are the lease provider for company salary sacrifice scheme). My order doesn't show up in my Tesla account so I've been in the dark regarding EDD.

It's been like trying to get blood out of a stone getting information from Zenith, and it was only after repeated calls that it became apparent I needed to complete a licence check. I hadn't received any email from Licence Bureau, so they chased it up and thankfully it arrived in my inbox within half an hour. I do feel as though if I wasn't pestering them my order may well have been reallocated (as I was told Tesla had apparently set a deadline of Friday last week to complete the outstanding information). I was then told I should await an SMS from Tesla to schedule collection.

I asked Zenith for my RN and have since been in the LiveChat with Tesla who inform me that I am indeed allocated a car which is due to arrive on 27th June and collection can likely be arranged from 28th June. However, they are waiting for the logistics team to finalise when the car will arrive at the delivery hub before they issue an SMS to me. This has reassured me somewhat and fingers crossed I will receive my order in this current batch coming into the UK.

I just wanted to post my experience in case others are in similar situation with Salary Sacrifice scheme and haven't heard from Tesla and fearing the worst about missing a Q2 delivery slot.
Mate, I’ve tried everything to get an update. Every time I try Tesla, they say “you’ll have to contact the leasing company direct, unfortunately we cannot update you at this moment in time”.

I then ring Zenith, we have an estimated date of mid July.. but that’s only an estimate until Tesla updates us directly, I’ll try and get an update for you. (It’s been 2 weeks, rang agin today.. same response” So frustrating!! But congratulations on the allocation!! Hopefully I get some decent news soon as I see people only just getting allocated a car!

Things progressing positively here.
  • So far: Ordered March 16, EDD was end June, then Sept/Oct. Trade in expired :(
  • Last week: New trade in offer, £2.9k lower than the original :confused: But I got a VIN in the source code & a text to pick up 29th June :)
  • Today: Model 3 sold via Motorway for £2.7k more than the trade-in :) Called Tesla to remove the trade-in. They did straight away which also kicked off the final invoice in my account and a text confirming VIN and Registration Plate. Hoorah! :)
Fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly for the next few weeks, especially on the shipping front.
Excellent outcome!

That was £2.7K more than the original Tesla offer or £2.7K more than the reduced offer?

I would go for it and I am quite a principled person. Sometimes one has to care for the face and the nose; in this case, nobody misses out but you and you do not hurt the perpetrator of what you view as a ripoff.
However, it's your business entirely.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Appreciate the views, didn't get a re-quote in the end - but using their calculator it would comes out MORE than the difference per month split over the lease term (assuming perhaps the cost of capital has gone up) - approx twice in fact pre tax compared to the rate I have it at. Assuming of course that I might get a better rate if in enquire though.

I'm assuming its been passed on to one of you lucky lot now. Didn't help that I'm booked solid on June 29th and June 30th anyway now!