Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This goes back to @Drew57. I notice that he has a Model3. So, an existing customer. Also, maybe a Trade-in M3 for their hungry Used Inventory .....just sayin'.
No trade-in.

When I eventually take delivery of the Y I will then sell the 3 because Tesla tell me that remaining referral miles only stay on the account if at least one car is still active (5,700 remaining from 11,000 & use by 4/5/23).

Appreciate the views, didn't get a re-quote in the end - but using their calculator it would comes out MORE than the difference per month split over the lease term (assuming perhaps the cost of capital has gone up) - approx twice in fact pre tax compared to the rate I have it at. Assuming of course that I might get a better rate if in enquire though.

I'm assuming its been passed on to one of you lucky lot now. Didn't help that I'm booked solid on June 29th and June 30th anyway now!
Well, you do still have a Tesla so that's cool. All the best for your eventual MY.

Guys guys! My EDD changed! It changed from capital letter months to small caps months…. What does it mean!? 🔮😵‍💫🫠

6C24FFC9-072A-452C-BB5A-8125F1D2C021.jpeg

Guys guys! My EDD changed! It changed from capital letter months to small caps months…. What does it mean!? 🔮😵‍💫🫠

View attachment 816607
It has been rumoured that along with the other Tesla supply chain issues, the App is suffering a shortage of EDD upper case letters and therefore they are being shared around; each customer in the rotation will have a day or two of upper case before returning to lower case.... it seems the fairest way to manage this extraordinary situation. wE liVe iN TroubLEd tImEs, it has even been muted that the Telamotorsclub is facing a similar prOBlem.

For those taking delivery soon, what accessories have you guys ordered? I was thinking to get the swivel mount for screen and white vinyl wrap to match the centre console to the interior
I would hang fire on the swivel screen until you have driven for a while with the fixed screen.

Now then....... How can I convince SWMBO that we don't want a swivel screen - I have a good idea why she wants one......

see below
Some items divide opinion as to their necessity e.g. the screen protector. I remain ambivalent but if I get off the fence on the side of the S.P., I will go for the Spigen.
..otherwise, all the usual suspects: all weather matts plus (and in our case) some nice aftermarket carpet for better weather. Boot/trunk, under boot storage, and front truck matts....jacking pucks are a must......there is a good thread/blog here plus several videos on you tube praising the top ten Y accessories.

See above

For those taking delivery soon, what accessories have you guys ordered? I was thinking to get the swivel mount for screen and white vinyl wrap to match the centre console to the interior

From my outgoing Model 3 I’ve retained a centre console organiser and set of jack pads.

Newly purchased accessories for the Model Y are all weather mats for front seats, rear seats and frunk/trunk, a rear seat protector (for the back of the seat), storage bins for the holes either side of the boot and a dog guard. Mostly from Tessories, the dog guard from Guardsman. So, I’d say all practical accessories, I haven’t bought anything fun yet!

I’d think carefully about why you want the swivel mount. I’ve seen a couple of YouTubers who installed one that had it removed. In the two years of 3 ownership, not once have I thought “I wish I could turn the screen towards me”. The only issue with the screen is that Tesla haven’t a clue how to design a user interface to take advantage of it.

Pretty good for you and, if it was a private sale, for the buyer also, because as an inventory vehicle the difference would likely me more that the £2.7 K
So all's well.

Well it sold via Motorway to a car dealer, they will take it and resell it with whatever mark up / margin they work on, I’d imagine another £2k or so which would make it around the £45k mark.

Reactions: Wattsisname
From my outgoing Model 3 I’ve retained a centre console organiser and set of jack pads.

Newly purchased accessories for the Model Y are all weather mats for front seats, rear seats and frunk/trunk, a rear seat protector (for the back of the seat), storage bins for the holes either side of the boot and a dog guard. Mostly from Tessories, the dog guard from Guardsman. So, I’d say all practical accessories, I haven’t bought anything fun yet!
I’d think carefully about why you want the swivel mount. I’ve seen a couple of YouTubers who installed one that had it removed. In the two years of 3 ownership, not once have I thought “I wish I could turn the screen towards me”. The only issue with the screen is that Tesla haven’t a clue how to design a user interface to take advantage of it.
Hear! Hear! re the swivel screen.
I shall have to wait (not too long now :))until I have experience of the user interface before passing judgement.

I am looking forward to the corner storage bin liners with their lids. Embarrassed to say I bought the plain black spoiler (grow up me). I will run with naked Gems and so AlloyGators, lug nut covers and hub covers (2 sets to ring the changes; Sundays and weekdays maybe) plus a little sucker to remove the latter.......

Now then...what did SHMWBO mean when she suggested that there is now more than one sucker in the house:rolleyes:

P.S. I could not resist the Fob. A thing of beauty that may only leave its place on the book shelf to be ceramic coated or PPFd. More practical are the locking wheel nuts and the Modern Spare, the cup holder insert and a couple of steel insulated mugs (SWMBO muttered something about " ..now there will be three mugs in the Y.."), I ordered Tesla's dog liner* thingy late last night. I seem to sleep better after an accessory purchase.

I actually, I can't remember all the bits I have bought, I would check but I can't open the spare room door; something heavy has fallen against it.:oops:
Oh yes! One final indulgence for the Planet's oldest boy racer: Red calliper covers:cool:

*SWMBO said she could maybe understand it if we had a dog!
(no really we have a small dog.)

Last edited:
Reactions: LampyDave
MYLR white / white / gemini ordered 9th march with lease company EDD June, tesla text confirming RN number 18th march , EDD by 1st July

Logged onto lease company portal today , EDD by 1st September.
I don't see any car deliveries in July ( unless there are many rejected deliveries - in that case you will be lucky ) - All cars shipped already will be handed over to customers by end of June 30 . Assuming that there will be another ship from Shanghai in July , you may get the car in Aug/Sept

By looking at the order date - You should have by end of June. Most of March MYLR (white/white & white/black) have the VIN now