Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys guys! My EDD changed! It changed from capital letter months to small caps months…. What does it mean!? 🔮😵‍💫🫠

What worries me, is that it's clearly a program change within the database that was put in place manually...... i.e. Update Estimated_Deliveries set Update_Date = 'august 29 - october 13' where order_date < (insert random date) and colour = (insert random color) and TMC_Forum_Member = 'True'.....

And it's just gone back to capitals, which means the poor programmer that forgot to use proper case either reads this forum, or just got a clip round the ear from his boss.....

On the other hand, it does mean that someone, somewhere did just get an updated date range or specific date. Anyone other than 'August 29 - October 13' get a lower case issue?

Reactions: QuanTim
What worries me, is that it's clearly a program change within the database that was put in place manually...... i.e. Update Estimated_Deliveries set Update_Date = 'august 29 - october 13' where order_date < (insert random date) and colour = (insert random color) and TMC_Forum_Member = 'True'.....

And it's just gone back to capitals, which means the poor programmer that forgot to use proper case either reads this forum, or just got a clip round the ear from his boss.....

On the other hand, it does mean that someone, somewhere did just get an updated date range or specific date. Anyone other than 'August 29 - October 13' get a lower case issue?
I take it back - every refresh on the app changes the case (for me).....madness....

Reactions: QuanTim
To to go off topic yet again, those of us fortunate ones who have endured EDD chaos and have come out the other side stronger than ever( let's thank our carers) as we enter the final countdown to collecting our cars, the issue of insurance begins to take precedence over accessories (just).

So, in that spirit and although I have an Admiral (though not particularly admirable) quote, I thought to have a word with Farmers Union Insurance as they are highly recommended by Which.

They get 10/10 for the ease of finding a human being with whom to speak but I was not "super" pleased with what they had to say: " Let me stop you right there sir, we do not insure Teslas at all!" Begs the the question: Which Which and why?

Now then......SHMWBO, is taking an interest in any conversation I have which includes the word Tesla.....and so, she called over .."Tell them you will come back for a quote when we buy a Fergie." Bit of a worry that ; she has been reading about "Agrarian reforms for a Greener World" That would surely rule out a Fergie and anyway the back garden is tiny. Maybe she was joking!

Right, now that I have a reg, I had better but an hour aside to phone Admiral:eek::(

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: suresh.thomas@
To to go off topic yet again, those of us fortunate ones who have endured EDD chaos and have come out the other side stronger than ever( let's thank our carers) as we enter the final countdown to collecting our cars, the issue of insurance begins to take precedence over accessories (just).

So, in that spirit and although I have an Admiral (though not particularly admirable) quote, I thought to have a word with Farmers Union Insurance as they are highly recommended by Which.

They get 10/10 for the ease of finding a human being with whom to speak but I was not "super" pleased with what they had to say: " Let me stop you right there sir, we do not insure Teslas at all!" Begs the the question: Which Which and why?

Now then......SHMWBO, is taking an interest in any conversation I have which includes the word Tesla.....and so, she called over .."Tell them you will come back for a quote when we buy a Fergie."

Right, now that I have a reg, I had better but an hour aside to phone Admiral:eek:
Try LV - they were cheapest and best for us....

I just got a text confirming my MYLR White/Black/19/AP will be delivered on June 30, requesting that I reply to confirm the delivery address.

This is a company car via Arval ordered mid-March (RN received March 21) originally estimated July 15 (by Arval) and this is my first and only delivery update.

I just got a text confirming my MYLR White/Black/19/AP will be delivered on June 30, requesting that I reply to confirm the delivery address.

This is a company car via Arval ordered mid-March (RN received March 21) originally estimated July 15 (by Arval) and this is my first and only delivery update.
Same from me.
Received text yesterday for June 29 delivery. Octopus lease.
White/White/19
Ordered Feb, delivery was offered April but had to delay as scheme wasn’t open yet.

Thanks for the reminder for the centre console trays.....anybody have an experience based opinion of them?

PS Matt carbon? From where please?
Greendrive for pedals and spoiler .

Reactions: Wattsisname
LV refused to quote stating the car needs a tracker, I ticked no against the tracker tab as I wasn't sure if its Thatcham approved.

Interesting. When I got my Model 3 insured when I first bought it in 2019, I spoke with LV, told them that the Tesla app had the ability to locate the car, the agent accepted that as a valid tracker and insured it. I asked for a note on the policy to confirm this. Seems very inconsistent. I recently switched to Churchill as the price was better.

Thank you. I will. Do you know of their attitude to PPF?
I have just got my quote from Admiral - wasn't too bad but didn't mention PPF - is this an 'addition' that they need to know about? I would not expect them to cover the cost of PPF in an accident (the thought of an accident and having to go through the EDD roller coaster again has just brought me out in a cold sweat...)

Interesting. When I got my Model 3 insured when I first bought it in 2019, I spoke with LV, told them that the Tesla app had the ability to locate the car, the agent accepted that as a valid tracker and insured it. I asked for a note on the policy to confirm this. Seems very inconsistent. I recently switched to Churchill as the price was better.
Same experience for me with my Model 3. In 2019 LV was the best price and made no issue regarding trackers and I have stayed with them since. In getting quotes for the incoming Model Y, it seems LV is asking for a tracker to be added. Not sure what has changed, but I found a good deal with Aviva for the Y. Will see what LV does when the Model 3 renewal comes in later this summer.

Try LV - they were cheapest and best for us....
So, LV? Once you get to speak with someone, very nice and professional bloke. This was after a quarter hour of online chat (with a human) who ended

The positive is they totally understand PPF and will pay for its repair in the case of a claim.
However, very expensive premium with high excess; nearly three times what I pay for the X3.

They accept the Tesla tracking but if that failed they would not pay.
Really very straight forward an open approach but pricey.

Currently losing the will to live whilst holding on for Admiral. I chose the "cancel my insurance option" that usually gets them to the phone but not today. Too hot to be arsed asked;)