Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone matched to a red MYLR (white or black interior both fine) with Gemini for next week delivery and looking for a swap to White/White/Gemini? (preferably bluewater delivery but could consider anywhere in the country).

Our delivery is scheduled for 24th and just spoke with Tesla to explore if they can see any MYLR Red cancellations or deferred deliveries that we can swap - they said the allocations somehow automatically go to the next customer in the list but if I can provide a confirmed VIN of any cancellation, they can make the switch.

I'm just wondering if it makes a difference paying before I get the final invoice?
On my PCP back in 2020, I did not receive a 'final invoice'. I had the bank details on my account page for TFS. I made payment when I was allocated a car and didn't need to send in proof of purchase as it showed my balance as paid. I took a copy just in case I was asked for it on pick up.

I was however made to e-sign the pcp contract prior to pick up - I expect this to be sent to you via email soon.

Hope this helps.

On my PCP back in 2020, I did not receive a 'final invoice'. I had the bank details on my account page for TFS. I made payment when I was allocated a car and didn't need to send in proof of purchase as it showed my balance as paid. I took a copy just in case I was asked for it on pick up.

I was however made to e-sign the pcp contract prior to pick up - I expect this to be sent to you via email soon.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that. I think that's what's going on with my account. I've just sent a tenner, see if it comes off my balance and bank account. Then I'll just pay the rest. I've had my reg etc already.

I've ordered mine through SelectCarLeasing so don't have access to the usual Tesla tracking (super-annoying, would have gone direct if I'd known that would be the case) and it's done as a business lease. I had my order confirmation text on 23rd March but haven't heard anything since. Order was standard without any options that cost (LR, white out, black in, 19" gemini).

I had been expecting all the way through to be getting it by 1st July but recently started showing as September on the lease company's portal.

However, I've just found out that my neighbour has been texting me all week and I haven't received any of the messages, so now I'm a bit worried I might have missed a Tesla text at some point in the process - did anyone else who ordered through a 3rd party lease company have a different experience in terms of Tesla comms? Am I right to expect nothing between order confirmation and "Hey, it's ready, book your slot"?

Had been holding on to the last threads of optimism for a couple of weeks, hoping that I'd get that magical text but it's definitely feeling like the window's passed now. Left feeling a cacophonous mix of irrational hope, anxiety and disappointed resignation.

I've ordered mine through SelectCarLeasing so don't have access to the usual Tesla tracking (super-annoying, would have gone direct if I'd known that would be the case) and it's done as a business lease. I had my order confirmation text on 23rd March but haven't heard anything since. Order was standard without any options that cost (LR, white out, black in, 19" gemini).

I had been expecting all the way through to be getting it by 1st July but recently started showing as September on the lease company's portal.
Same boat as you, ordered 31/03/22 through Lex, had the text with the RN and then a holding text “We are in the process of calculating delivery times…..we’ll be back in touch to arrange delivery”.

Never had an EDD or even a month, so far only been told delivery is “TBC”. I suspect Lex have an EDD from Tesla but are not communicating to me as they are meaningless. So, totally in the dark which is not a great experience.

My EDD is in September/October for my April order. So resigned to having to wait until the end of Q3.

Just got a text from Tesla that got my pulse racing.

“Tesla Update - You can now take delivery of your Model Y…

… with tow hitch! This will cost £1090, reply YES to add to your order…”

FFS :(
This also sent my pulse racing too! Got the old Tesla Tease!

Reactions: WllXM
Just got a txt and confirmed for the 30th in SOuthampton, just need them to find the 18K they lost.

If only they would have just not messed around so much I would have left the money there :mad: June delivery was well off the cards until yesterday and I had set my sights on Sep/Oct

Reactions: Kingpopsy

However, I've just found out that my neighbour has been texting me all week and I haven't received any of the messages, so now I'm a bit worried I might have missed a Tesla text at some point in the process - did anyone else who ordered through a 3rd party lease company have a different experience in terms of Tesla comms? Am I right to expect nothing between order confirmation and "Hey, it's ready, book your slot"?

Had been holding on to the last threads of optimism for a couple of weeks, hoping that I'd get that magical text but it's definitely feeling like the window's passed now. Left feeling a cacophonous mix of irrational hope, anxiety and disappointed resignation.
If there is one major lesson from this whole fiasco, it's to order direct next time!

Been lurking for a while but thought I should join. Literally just received a text confirming delivery on 30th June. Ordered MY/ blue/white/ 19 around 14th April (not exactly sure as it’s a business lease). Never had an edd so it was a bit of a shock
This is incredible - I only ordered a week or so after you but with similar spec! (20" wheels though). Fingers crossed there's one more of those knocking around! Good luck with yours!