Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking for a while but thought I should join. Literally just received a text confirming delivery on 30th June. Ordered MY/ blue/white/ 19 around 14th April (not exactly sure as it’s a business lease). Never had an edd so it was a bit of a shock
Gutted, I’ve been on the fence of Blue vs. MSM and ultimately chose the latter. Your post is now evidence that if I had picked Blue, I would be in your place right now…. Ordered end of March…
Enjoy your new car!!! Congrats!

Your post is now evidence that if I had picked Blue, I would be in your place right now

Seems a common assumption, but I think it may be way more complicated than that. Do you tick the same boxes for Customer Profile that @Chamment does ? ... apart from Model / Colour / Wheels / Trim it may well include collection location (any free handover slots? any transporter available to get the car to you? or if the car is already at a handover site then only Punters who can collect from there ... don't want to have to move it again!), payment method and lease company (some lease companies probably preferred to others). Particularly given that this is an 11th hour collection-rejection, there will be a number of purchase-routes that I would expect that Tesla would just ignore at that point - any Finance Company not agile enough to handle accelerated processing of admin (that might be none of them though ... I dunno on that)

I'm not even sure that cash-is-king in that regard.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Looks like they've reworded it already, just came to me starting "Tesla Update - You now have the option to equip a tow hitch to your Model Y order..."

I read that differently (probably wrongly!) as a collection-rejection for a car that already has a tow hitch fitted (although ... I thought that was an after-market addon only, not a delivery-inclusive one), and so they are looking for someone who will take it (and pay the tow-hitch uplift).

Wow just got an update text from Tesla, first one since 26th April when i was informed delivery will be June, subsequently September to October :-( Oh what did they want? To give me the option of a tow bar, so I assume by this my car is still an Embryo or maybe still even sperm. 😰😰

Tesla ? the current window is September 12 - October 27 but I would suspect you'd likely be looking at Nov-Dec or later if you added it at this stage

Last edited:
Reactions: WllXM
My EDD is in September/October for my April order. So resigned to having to wait until the end of Q3.

Just got a text from Tesla that got my pulse racing.

“Tesla Update - You can now take delivery of your Model Y…

… with tow hitch! This will cost £1090, reply YES to add to your order…”

FFS :(
I got this too but linked to my MY Performance model. I don't understand the 'Reply within 2 days'... The guy on the phone suggested that the MYP are coming soon.

Seems a common assumption, but I think it may be way more complicated than that. Do you tick the same boxes for Customer Profile that @Chamment does ? ... apart from Model / Colour / Wheels / Trim it may well include collection location (any free handover slots? any transporter available to get the car to you? or if the car is already at a handover site then only Punters who can collect from there ... don't want to have to move it again!), payment method and lease company (some lease companies probably preferred to others). Particularly given that this is an 11th hour collection-rejection, there will be a number of purchase-routes that I would expect that Tesla would just ignore at that point - any Finance Company not agile enough to handle accelerated processing of admin (that might be none of them though ... I dunno on that)

I'm not even sure that cash-is-king in that regard.
Of course you can never know with 100% certainty but I want to drown in self-pity for the next quarter so I’ll assume I was right. 😁
Based on OP’s location I assumed his pickup would be Southampton or Staines, which does match mine, exact spec, and I ordered direct with Tesla finance so agile enough re purchasing in that regard…

Wow just got an update text from Tesla, first one since 26th April when i was informed delivery will be June, subsequently September to October :-( Oh what did they want? To give me the option of a tow bar, so I assume by this my car is still an Embryo or maybe still even sperm. 😰😰

Tesla ? the current window is September 12 - October 27 but I would suspect you'd likely be looking at Nov-Dec or later if you added it at this stage
What if it was part of the Tesla Game and they have a load of stock with tow hitches to flog? :p

• Funny
Reactions: WllXM
I just got the tow hitch text too... I'm actually quite tempted so I could use with a bike rack and it wasn't at factory fitted option when I placed my order.

But do we think it would effect the EDD?!😂:eek: Would be seriously annoyed if I replied yes and it got pushed back to Feb 23 or something...

• Funny
Reactions: s88ats
I just got the tow hitch text too... I'm actually quite tempted so I could use with a bike rack and it wasn't at factory fitted option when I placed my order.

But do we think it would effect the EDD?!😂:eek: Would be seriously annoyed if I replied yes and it got pushed back to Feb 23 or something...
The answer from Tesla Tom was the current window is September 12 - October 27 but I would suspect you'd likely be looking at Nov-Dec or later if you added it at this stage

My EDD is in September/October for my April order. So resigned to having to wait until the end of Q3.

Just got a text from Tesla that got my pulse racing.

“Tesla Update - You can now take delivery of your Model Y…

… with tow hitch! This will cost £1090, reply YES to add to your order…”

FFS :(
Me too - got very excited, and also got asked for revised settlement information too! Just some random teasing I think....

From what I can gather, there doesn’t seem to be many MSM cars being matched. Seen plenty of Blues / Blacks / Whites so can only assume:

a) MSM is in incredibly high demand, or
b) They’ve not built many this Q

Either way - and seeing texts coming in for people with ODs after me - I think this has finally dashed all remaining hope I had for a Q2 delivery.

Enjoy your new cars, peeps!

I got the same text and have the same worries, is it possible to fit a towbar after delivery?

I got the same text and have the same worries, is it possible to fit a towbar after delivery?

Its available in the online store... same price too

Reactions: Wowbagger
Initially you couldn't add a tow hitch at time of ordering, you can only order once the car is delivered. Now you can add one when ordering, so presumably for orders due Q3 onwards they have capability to add in the factory so are offering it to be added. Probably cheaper to fit in the factory than do it after delivery, though I notice the price is the same either way!

Reactions: Wowbagger