Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they've reworded it already, just came to me starting "Tesla Update - You now have the option to equip a tow hitch to your Model Y order..."

Ah ... so it's just "Up-sell" then ...

Surely if they were smart enough they could adjust by having someone fitting them during the month-long journey onboard the ship

Cracking idea. Move the production line and all its robots to the boat! Take on some just-in-time supplies at various ports along the way :)

a) MSM is in incredibly high demand, or
b) They’ve not built many this Q

My mate got a 30-June collection for an MSM a couple of days ago. I reckon that has to be a collection-declined reallocation. So there is at least one :) and thus probably "several" to constitute a RHD MSM Build Batch

From what I can gather, there doesn’t seem to be many MSM cars being matched. Seen plenty of Blues / Blacks / Whites so can only assume:

a) MSM is in incredibly high demand, or
b) They’ve not built many this Q

Either way - and seeing texts coming in for people with ODs after me - I think this has finally dashed all remaining hope I had for a Q2 delivery.

Enjoy your new cars, peeps!
Tbh, nobody knows what they've built, there's not a lot of info coming out of Shanghai since lock down. It's all a surprise to everyone

Seems a common assumption, but I think it may be way more complicated than that. Do you tick the same boxes for Customer Profile that @Chamment does ? ... apart from Model / Colour / Wheels / Trim it may well include collection location (any free handover slots? any transporter available to get the car to you? or if the car is already at a handover site then only Punters who can collect from there ... don't want to have to move it again!), payment method and lease company (some lease companies probably preferred to others). Particularly given that this is an 11th hour collection-rejection, there will be a number of purchase-routes that I would expect that Tesla would just ignore at that point - any Finance Company not agile enough to handle accelerated processing of admin (that might be none of them though ... I dunno on that)

I'm not even sure that cash-is-king in that regard.
Not sure whether it is a factor but I live about 45 mins from Southampton, so delivery is relatively quick and easy

Ordered 24/04/22 Model Y LR Red/Black/20s, for collection in Southampton.
Estimated delivery June - July > August - September > September 19 - November 3 > September 12 - October 27 > June 22 - June 30.

VIN in source code. (LRWYHCEK6NC347***), but not yet shown in account.

Received text message from tesla today while at work, Just booked collection only one date and time available.

Delivery Appointment​

Thursday, June 30 at 8:00pm
Southampton Delivery-Hub
Herbert Walker Ave
Southampton, England SO15 1HJ

It must be on the RCC Europe, that's due into Southampton late tonight.
The RCC Europe is going to sail past my bedroom window within the next few hours.
Is it sad that I will probably watch the RCC Europe come into view and sail by into Southampton?

Last edited:
Me too - got very excited, and also got asked for revised settlement information too! Just some random teasing I think....
I got both of them. Phoned up and asked them if they are just wasting my time with new settlement info. He basically said they don’t need it. Honestly useless.

Two cars on order one said May now 26aug -11 oct

Other no date (myp)

Estimated delivery June - July > August - September > September 19 - November 3 > September 12 - October 27 > June 22 - June 30.

Received text message from tesla today while at work, Just booked collection only one date and time available.

Delivery Appointment​

Southampton Delivery-Hub
Herbert Walker Ave

The RCC Europe is going to sail past my bedroom window within the next few hours.
Is it sad that I will probably watch the RCC Europe come into view and sail by into Southampton?
Congrats, that's a very recent order by all accounts! Have fun ship-watching!

Delivery Appointment​

Southampton Delivery-Hub
Herbert Walker Ave

More likely to be on Morning Peace which gets in to Southampton on 28th or 29th June. Just enough time to unload and wash it 😀

I turned down a MSM/black/19 today at 15.30 collection from Manchester so that should be available to someone .
I had arranged with Tesla last week for delivery August/Sept was agreed via app,Then text this morning car ready for collection!.Tesla phoned this afternoon to confirm order and payment.After discussion back to August/Sept home delivery.Cash sale.