Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are too funny. Please write a book on your Tesla purchase journey. I will surely buy it. Who knows it may be a top seller and you can recover the cost of the Tesla. 😂😂😂
The fun I have been having with this great bunch of people has provided some comfort against the slings and arrows of this outrageous but kinda' hilarious, Monty Pythonesque, car buying experience.

Of course, I can only react to the members reactions as they recount each fresh set back or celebration, as the rollercoaster falls and rises again only to...... and so on. Actually having the car might be an anticlimax prompting me to get back on the roundabout, and re mix some metaphors whilst waiting for Model Y Mark two.

Now then... SWMBO says "Go for it;orderanother Tesla and enjoy the bachelorhood which will be part of the repeat process":oops:

Just spoke to Tesla agent online and they apparently don’t have an EDD for my order?! Mine is a company car, so have no visibility in the app.

Pretty annoying tbh, one of the reasons I chose my spec was due to the reduced delivery times (May), now I’m told it’ll probably be August/September.

No I was being serious and a realist. They are a business their purpose is to make money for their shareholders. If you have a contract that within 60 days they will give you certain price for your car if you trade it in then that contract expired and the new one they offer you is worse then that sucks but it is what it is. As you say nothing illegal . obviously pissing off customers is not a good idea generally but they don't seem to have any shortage of those right now so financially its probably the right thing to do. When doing this stuff starts to affect their bottom line then they will stop. Right now they think they can pretty much do what they like and people will still buy their cars and sadly it looks like they are correct.
I get it.

Elon may "soon" be able to put a man on Mars but cannot create a back office system which could, at least try, I put no stronger, to Anticipate the ED (ADD). With a little more perspicacity and a little less hubris and also use their best crystal ball* to gauge the depreciation of cars in the wild over that ADD period, they may then inflict less disappointment on their eager acolytes......How about under valuing and then increase the trade-figure nearer the time!?
On reflection, I don't believe that corporate green or insensivity has much to do with it but rather another case of "Get your Sh. One Tee together).

Now then...SWMBE says " What's all this my little Elon fan boy!? Do I detect veiled criticism? You are forever going on about the genius that is Elon."

Yes! That's my point! Say I.

(two can play the enigmatic game);)

*The new Tesla Chrystal Ball product is still under wraps. A spokesman said "We cannot predict when it will be ready for production"

Just spoke to Tesla agent online and they apparently don’t have an EDD for my order?! Mine is a company car, so have no visibility in the app.

Pretty annoying th, one of the reasons I chose my spec was due to the reduced delivery times (May), now I’m told it’ll probably be August/September.
Sorry to hear that. Let's hope for a wonderful Indian summer for Tesla Touring.

Reactions: Andaroooooo
My Model 3 trade in value has dropped by about £7k. That's nuts especially considering the price of new has just gone up again.

My Model 3 trade in value dropped £2.9k a couple of weeks ago. So I sold it via Motorway for £2.7k more than the current trade-in offer. Almost clawed the difference back, but not quite. Recommend you take a look at Motorway, pretty smooth process as long as you provide the info and photos required.

Reactions: Wattsisname
News Flash.

If I use the sms link they sent me to access my account, I now have an invoice of sorts. The down payment is correct but the price of the car is incorrect.

If I use the app to access my account, the Continue button continue to gives me a blank page. As you might imagine, my paranoia brain cells are are running amok. Perhaps it's time for a call to Tesla Finance. Could anyone, having obscured their numbers show me what a genuine PCP Tesla Finance invoice should look - I'll be very grateful. Thank you!

Last edited:
News Flash.

If I use the sms link they sent me to access my account, I now have an invoice of sorts. The down payment is correct but the price of the car is incorrect.

If I use the app to access my account, the Continue button continue to gives me a blank page. As you might imagine, my paranoia brain cells are are running amok. Perhaps it's time for a call to Tesla Finance. Could anyone, having obscured their numbers show me what a genuine PCP Tesla Finance invoice should look - I'll be very grateful. Thank you!
Hope this helps 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-150623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-150623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 60
Nope, I went on the premice that I won't get one until after I have paid, because I'm not a cash or lease buyer. I had the 'continue' button that showed me all of the bank details needed etc.
Hopefully I'm right lol
I'm using "external-to-Tesla" PCP finance provided by Santander via Forza Finance, and have 3 final invoices 🤷‍♂️ I suspect a further one is incoming as my account is currently showing that Tesla "owes" me upwards of £40k.

I've emailed Tesla UK Finance Operations and asked them to have that refund ready in used ,small denomination, non-sequential notes on collection day, naturally.

Hope this helps 👍
Thank you mate but that is not the final invoice, that's the page we have had since day one.The invoicece appears, if its there, when you click the Continue button.
I'm using "external-to-Tesla" PCP finance provided by Santander via Forza Finance, and have 3 final invoices 🤷‍♂️ I suspect a further one is incoming as my account is currently showing that Tesla "owes" me upwards of £40k.

I've emailed Tesla UK Finance Operations and asked them to have that refund ready in used ,small denomination, non-sequential notes on collection day, naturally.
Thank goodness for the under carpet storage in our capacious boot or as we say in the Tesla Cult :Trunk. Keep turning the screws; I will not say frunk......oh bugger!

Thank you mate but that is not the final invoice, that's the page we have had since day one.The invoicece appears, if its there, when you click the Continue button.

Thank goodness for the under carpet storage in our capacious boot or as we say in the Tesla Cult :Trunk. Keep turning the screws; I will not say frunk......oh bugger!
The trouble is is that I've completed all the steps, so said continue button has disappeared

Reactions: Wattsisname

P.S. Another prizeless competition( which is open to cheating) : At what date and time will the 500th page appear?

Could be because I'm doing Pcp through tesla

The trouble is is that I've completed all the steps, so said continue button has disappeared
Thanks anyway:rolleyes:
:) So I phoned Tesla to provide clarification on the incorrect car cost on the "Actual Final Invoice" and was promised "An investigation which would provide a full and frank explanation within about ten minutes, so hang up and I will call you back."

That was an hour ago. No problem; I wasn't doing much beyond fretting mostly because I forgot the Golden Rule : Don't agree to a call back, hang on.

Now then... SWMBOW says "Don't be like that; it is probably that person's first round at the pub this Friday and anyway..........they are only young"
That's when I threw up:eek:

P.S. Also waiting for a PPF quote. I guess they have too many Ferraris in at present.

Next time I'll explain that it 's that Lambo' that looks very similar to a Tesla Model Y:(

Last edited:
:)Andy wouldn't sweat too much until say Tuesday. When I talked to the sa, she said if I don't get the payment method ie final invoice by Wednesday (1 week before) then contact them. When I wired my money, it showed on the tesla account within the hour
Just a thought; maybe they have reduced the car price on the invoice because they know the car has particularly swirly paintwork...maybe not, because in that case it should come off the deposit or the monthly payments.

Please disregard the above lunacy...I'm losing it and the dog want's her dinner......... steady!

I mean our canine pet! (sinking to a very low level in search of humour)

Now then....SWMBO says " Shame on you! But now that you mention it, I am feeling rather peckish"

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Kingpopsy