Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this trade in reduction a way for Elon to pass on the price increase to us 3rd quarter customers. It looks like I’m going to try elsewhere to sell my M3.

Is FSD and free premium connectivity taken into consideration by Motorway, Cazzoo etc.

On order: MY white/Black 19” ordered 24 Mar edd 4 Sep 19 Oct. Pickup Bristol.

Octopus just called to let me know I've been allocated a VIN..! (This time - without paying more!).

Looks like I'm heading for an end of June collection.

Having spoken to them - it sounds like they've produced more cars with 19"s than 20"s this time - which is a bit of a kick in the teeth I'd say for anyone that ordered with the bigger (and better looking) wheels for speedy delivery. Nevermind - the joy of ordering a Tesla!

>> From what your @WannabeOwner:) ....

I totally know what you mean but it does sound funny to suggest that he is mine!

Now then... SWMBO says " You never miss a chance of a wise crack" To which I replied, that's why I married a wise........cracker!

Which one of us were you referring to? :)

The fun I have been having with this great bunch of people ...

The "fortune" presumably from your grossly misquoted Hamlet? :

... against the slings and arrows of this outrageous but kinda' hilarious, Monty Pythonesque, car buying experience.

Ahem!!

It’s all ok and no more dramas

You must be new here (and, yeah, I've quoted you out of context and without your Emoticon ...)

• Funny
Reactions: Wattsisname
Octopus just called to let me know I've been allocated a VIN..! (This time - without paying more!).

Having spoken to them - it sounds like they've produced more cars with 19"s than 20"s this time - which is a bit of a kick in the teeth I'd say for anyone that ordered with the bigger (and better looking) wheels for speedy delivery. Nevermind - the joy of ordering a Tesla!
Congratulations. So happy for you 👏👏

Result. Congratulations. bigger (and better looking) wheels. They are very fashionable.
I don't quite know why it is that I don't care for black wheels.

Maybe I have never got over the joy with which those early shiny alloys filled me. Of course, before that, I was a wire wheel fan so I am suppose am destined to be a lap behind the rest of you.

Now then... SWMBO says..." Don't get him started on matt paint finishes on cars or gloss finishes on interior woodwork or it will set off his Tourrett's"

(With apologies to anyone who suffers from that awful unfortunate condition. I do not mean to disrespect you with my stabs at humour...........Alright already! Please don't SHOUT)

Last edited:
Reactions: wetpanda
Result. Congratulations. bigger (and better looking) wheels. They are very fashionable.
I don't quite know why I don't care for black wheels.

Maybe I have never got over the joy with which those early shiny alloys filled me. Of course, before that, I was a wire wheel fan so I suppose am destined to be a lap behind the rest of you.

Now then... SWMBO says..." Don't get him started on matt paint finishes it will set off his Tourrett's"

(With apologies to anyone who suffers from that awful unfortunate condition. I do not mean to disrespect you with my stabs at humour...........Alright already! Please don't SHOUT)
If you’re a wire wheel fan you’re far more likely to have the damn centre spinner come off while cornering and watch as your missing wheel zips off into the sunset while your fuel tank scrapes upon the tarmac. Yes, I am that old.

*Shakes fist at cloud*

Reactions: Jimmyc22

I chose the car configuration that appeals most to me. Isn’t it a bit of a guessing game to presume what particular specs will result in earlier or later delivery?

Just wondering if anybody else is collecting from Tesla Newcastle next week? I’m presuming they call it ‘Newcastle’ because ’North Shields’ doesn’t sound so…glamorous 😄
The only complaint to level at North Shields is that it's even further north than South Shields.
Fog on the Tyne is all mine all mine..............be my guest!

Now then. Just joking. I love it up there but SWMBO says that the Tesla would not be safe.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
If you’re a wire wheel fan you’re far more likely to have the damn centre spinner come off while cornering and watch as your missing wheel zips off into the sunset while your fuel tank scrapes upon the tarmac. Yes, I am that old.

*Shakes fist at cloud*
Ha Ha. No, we had the benefit of physics (did you have physics back in the day) the wheels just got tighter (as the bus went round and round)
P.S. I will need a soft wire wheel spinner mallet or similar approved, to attach my AlloyGators to my naked, shiny Gemini alloys. Otherwise, I may defeat the object having them before they even sniff a kerb.

Last edited:
Ha Ha. No, we had the benefit of physics (did you have physics back in the day) the wheels just got tighter (as the bus went round and round)
P.S. I will need a soft wire wheel spinner mallet or similar approved, to attach my AlloyGators to my naked, shiny Gemini alloys. Otherwise, I may defeat the object having them before they even sniff a kerb.
We did yes, but as my old MG spent more time going backwards than forwards due to aforementioned physics (and agricultural suspension) it was at far more risk of having the wheels fall off than one driven more gently ;)

Reactions: Wattsisname
In other news, Tesla just confirmed that Santander have paid them, and he vehicle is now completely paid for and all I need to do is turn up on the day.

Sadly they also fixed the supposed £40k they owed me, so I will not be collecting the car with a frunkful of cash In it.
Also my VIN has literally just appeared in the app underneath my RN. Wonder if that means anything- scanned coming off RCC EUROPE maybe?