Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In your case perhaps. I think they‘re poor. On one part of the website it says to pay balance 48 hours before collecting car, elsewhere it says 7 days. At the bottom of the invoice it says to quote the invoice number on the bank transfer yet it quotes the RN number - not the invoice number.
Poor content strategy on the website but when you call support they’ll tell you what works best so in my opinion support experience is still good enough?

Interesting though I very much doubt there are unallocated UK cars on any Q2 boat. What’s your VIN?

Also, I don’t think there are any known ships landing in Southampton on the 20th June; RCC EUROPE has already landed and MORNING PEACE I think arrives on 28/29th.

If there is transit from Southampton on the 22nd I think that tells you your vehicle is mostly likely on RCC EUROPE.
I’ve been thinking it is on RCC Europe following weeks of progress from Mr M’s thread but I sense the support saying “it lands on 20th” could mean “offloading from the ship and being ready to be on a transporter” which could be 20th?

VIN starting digits 343.

My date has also moved from 12-Sep to 05-Sep. What is the view of people here if the delivery is late august I.e. 15-31 August. Would you still take it considering the registration plate change may adversely affect future value? I am out of the country during that time, so I do not have the option of taking delivery during that period, but was wondering about general views. Maybe Tesla should be smart to only schedule deliveries in Sep for Q3

Reactions: ean36t
My date has also moved from 12-Sep to 05-Sep. What is the view of people here if the delivery is late august I.e. 15-31 August. Would you still take it considering the registration plate change may adversely affect future value? I am out of the country during that time, so I do not have the option of taking delivery during that period, but was wondering about general views. Maybe Tesla should be smart to only schedule deliveries in Sep for Q3
I think it depends on a number of factors, including is it a lease, expected ownership length, how desperate is the buyer for the car, etc. In 2019 when we had been waiting for a couple of years for the Model 3 to be available here I jumped on our delivery of late August 2019 without hesitation. But we wanted the car asap and intended to keep it for the long term (as we do with all our cars, having traded in a 14 year old car owned from new in part-ex for the Tesla). If I was offered a late August collection for our upcoming Y it would't cause me any pause. But it is very much a personal choice and I understand that others feel differently in light of their particular circumstances.

Hi team,

6 sleeps to go ! Need some advice on two questions that keep coming to mind;

1. what is an acceptable amount of time before I buy AB. Is it

a) just hotspot the phone and do it immediately before driving away from pickup
b) wait til I get home
c) wait a week or two and see how it goes with out it

2. Do I need to tell me other half I've bought it

a) no - sure they'll never notice
b) yes - it was always there ;)

I was told by the Tesla delivery team that the next UK deliveries are Sept/Oct - not July or August. Taking that with a pinch of salt but maybe they are trying to prempt the 22 vs 72 plate issues

I was told by the Tesla delivery team that the next UK deliveries are Sept/Oct - not July or August. Taking that with a pinch of salt but maybe they are trying to prempt the 22 vs 72 plate issues
That seems like a sensible thing to do. It only means that China made cars ready for August delivery will be diverted to other RHD markets like Australia. And very likely that Germany will focus on LHD cars for the European market. However in the past we had people on here (myself included) who had EDD of 12-Aug to Mid-Sep.

Hi team,

6 sleeps to go ! Need some advice on two questions that keep coming to mind;

1. what is an acceptable amount of time before I buy AB. Is it

a) just hotspot the phone and do it immediately before driving away from pickup
b) wait til I get home
c) wait a week or two and see how it goes with out it
It would take a few hours for the car to get registered and appear under your account. Plus some delay for the upgrades section to show up. You can easily drive and enjoy the cars for a few months before upgrading to AB. Most people don't bother with the upgrade since the car is plenty fast. But I upgraded in month 2 and can highly recommend it.
2. Do I need to tell me other half I've bought it

a) no - sure they'll never notice
b) yes - it was always there ;)
Yes. AB and software upgrades cannot be transferred to another car in case of a write-off.

That seems like a sensible thing to do. It only means that China made cars ready for August delivery will be diverted to other RHD markets like Australia. And very likely that Germany will focus on LHD cars for the European market. However in the past we had people on here (myself included) who had EDD of 12-Aug to Mid-Sep.

I would take all this with a massive truckload of salt. I was told on Friday that the next delivery dates would be Aug/Sept. My date is still late July according to the lease company updates. So in reality until the next ships start filling up and VINs are assigned, no one actually knows including the Tesla advisors.

I took delivery on March 3 which was the latest date in my 10 day period. Haven't looked at this site much since but amusing to see the same thread over August/September collection as was prevalent back in February/March. Although at that time there was the kudos of getting the first deliveries in February that was swaying the balance.

Reactions: Daedalus