Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, when I collected there was a queue of delivery drivers for lease companies and company car companies. Outside was someone with a mini transporter, one on the back of the wagon and one on a trailor (I hope they knew their weight limits). I guess it depends on the service they claim to offer and I can easily see those delivery to customers drifting a few days beyond the Tesla delivery.

Finally got my text...

By my surprise - no collection, but a delivery. Perhaps they've run out of delivery slots and pushing the remaining cars out by carriers!
What a great feeling it must be congrats! Did you have the VIN prior to getting the txt?

This is the closest I have see where this "basic spec" car has been matched near when I ordered. Its good to see this as many others inc me are not so far behind, well a few months behind hopefully :)

Enjoy every moment and tell us how you get on! ;)

What a great feeling it must be congrats! Did you have the VIN prior to getting the txt?

This is the closest I have see where this "basic spec" car has been matched near when I ordered. Its good to see this as many others inc me are not so far behind, well a few months behind hopefully :)

Enjoy every moment and tell us how you get on! ;)
No - No VIN or Reg text.

May be an Octopus thing - or I could be a cancellation...?

Reactions: Daedalus
Been reading updates here for the last few days and thought I’d get registered and post my dates if it helps expectations with other orders.

My workplace has LeasePlan as a provider and I placed an order through them on the evening of 28th April. Order got ‘received’ on 29th April. After filling in some driver checks, my order was ‘approved’ by LeasePlan on 4th May. On 4th May I also received an email directly from Tesla asking for me to finish setting up my account with them. On 9th May I received my order confirmation and RN number through LeasePlan. On 23rd May one further email from LeasePlan to state the ‘new anticipated delivery date is now 28-10-2022’ (having not been given a delivery date before).

Car specs on order: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19” Gemini / EAP

Ordered the car without a test drive first.

Previous car was a Tiguan on 20” wheels. Ride on that was on the firmer side so hoping the reports of a firmer ride in the MY aren’t too different from that.

I’ll be going for a test drive today in the Glasgow centre. Im hoping it doesn’t disappoint! I’ll see if the rep there can give more info on the order whilst there.

Just to quote my original post for context… I’ve had an update from LeasePlan starting they expect to be able to deliver on 16th September, although this may change again.

Reactions: Daedalus
I got a text to say my MYLR - Blue - Induction Wheels, was to be delivered June 30th while on Holiday in Spain last week, this is while expecting the car to turn up in September/October! Some frantic moving around of funds and selling of my Model 3 (in just TWO DAYS and getting £500 more than I paid for it 2.5 years ago!) and I am all set for next Thursday!

Must have been a cancellation - my order date was May 2nd 2022 so I feel pretty lucky to have had a two month turnaround on a new MY!

Collecting from Southampton.

I got a text to say my MYLR - Blue - Induction Wheels, was to be delivered June 30th while on Holiday in Spain last week, this is while expecting the car to turn up in September/October! Some frantic moving around of funds and selling of my Model 3 (in just TWO DAYS and getting £500 more than I paid for it 2.5 years ago!) and I am all set for next Thursday!

Must have been a cancellation - my order date was May 2nd 2022 so I feel pretty lucky to have had a two month turnaround on a new MY!

An all-round good news story 🥳

Congrats! Were you always collecting from Southampton?

Just trying to work out how you were matched in front of me (ordered 20-Apr).

Tell me you have a white interior or FSD?! (I’ve ordered black interior with EAP, collection from Manchester).

Can't help but feel it's not a like for like comparison on this one with order dates. Guessing Octopus also bulk order in advance so buzbe may have been the next person on the Octopus list for that car they already had coming in (i.e. he's taken an RN number from a previous batch ordered by Octopus in say January) and it's got nothing to do with the Tesla list. Similar to what seems to have happened with other lease companies?

Can't help but feel it's not a like for like comparison on this one with order dates. Guessing Octopus also bulk order in advance so buzbe may have been the next person on the Octopus list for that car they already had coming in (i.e. he's taken an RN number from a previous batch ordered by Octopus in say January) and it's got nothing to do with the Tesla list. Similar to what seems to have happened with other lease companies?
Yeah - there are many variables - I’m also not the only person waiting for that spec that ordered before May.
C’est la vie (as a French customer said)

Well I think most "basic" spec orders (White/Black/19) have been full-filled from Feb / March now, from what I saw on Frizzy's sheet - or am I wrong? Whilst more exotic colours (especially Blue and MSM) have more of a delay. Ironically the 20"s - which Tesla were originally pushing people to for priority also appear to have slowed down some orders./

Although - I also get the feeling mine was a re-allocation of another Octopus order, as I didn't and haven't received the previous VIN and Registration SMS's.

Reactions: Toblerone
Is anyone else getting a car delivered through ALD on a business lease getting it any earlier than the 29th? We've been told that they are only getting the cars on the 28th but if they are already in country and offloaded than it sounds a bit fishy. We go on holiday on the 28th so getting it before then would save a huge amount of hassle.