Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else getting a car delivered through ALD on a business lease getting it any earlier than the 29th? We've been told that they are only getting the cars on the 28th but if they are already in country and offloaded than it sounds a bit fishy. We go on holiday on the 28th so getting it before then would save a huge amount of hassle.
I'm with ALD and I'm picking up on the 30th.

My car is on the first ship to depart china, which was diverted to South Korea because of mechanical issues.

Even though it is the first ship to depart for Q2 to UK, its the last ship to get in and won't be docked and unloaded until the 29th.

Not sure why they are saying the 28th as the ships itinerary means it won't be here before the 29th.

Anyway, I'd contact them, you might be on the ship that docked 3 days ago but you've been given a later appointment, might be worth clarifying and asking if its unloaded and any chance of picking it up earlier. Thats the only explanation for them saying it will be there on the 28th.

Reactions: Toblerone
I received a text message today just confirming the VIN, also giving me the Reg Number.
As well as pointing me to Tesla Insurance: ts.la/insureGB

7i8ydmtn03

Well I think most "basic" spec orders (White/Black/19) have been full-filled from Feb / March now, from what I saw on Frizzy's sheet - or am I wrong? Whilst more exotic colours (especially Blue and MSM) have more of a delay. Ironically the 20"s - which Tesla were originally pushing people to for priority also appear to have slowed down some orders./

Although - I also get the feeling mine was a re-allocation of another Octopus order, as I didn't and haven't received the previous VIN and Registration SMS's.
Not us. Ordered 23rd March, W/B/19s buying with Tesla finance. Had June EDD until 1 week before VINS allocated. Now 29 Aug-13 Oct 😔

Well I think most "basic" spec orders (White/Black/19) have been full-filled from Feb / March now, from what I saw on Frizzy's sheet - or am I wrong? Whilst more exotic colours (especially Blue and MSM) have more of a delay. Ironically the 20"s - which Tesla were originally pushing people to for priority also appear to have slowed down some orders./

Although - I also get the feeling mine was a re-allocation of another Octopus order, as I didn't and haven't received the previous VIN and Registration SMS's.
Mid March here still waiting 😢

Is anyone else getting a car delivered through ALD on a business lease getting it any earlier than the 29th? We've been told that they are only getting the cars on the 28th but if they are already in country and offloaded than it sounds a bit fishy. We go on holiday on the 28th so getting it before then would save a huge amount of hassle.
(First time posting)
Yes ALD, home delivery due 28th…
Tight as go away 1st…